Solar thermal electric ball that disjuncts?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar thermal electric ball that breaks?

by GuyGadebois » 18/11/19, 16:33

dede2002 wrote:Hello,

This would be an anti-overheating safety. Tartar could be the cause, thermally isolating the resistance?

There is only one temperature sensor?

There is the probe integrated to the heating resistance and the solar group probe, but with the latter, never had a problem.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/11/19, 16:45

How old is this resistance? Your water is really hard? (normally it is specified in the annex to the invoice).
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 18/11/19, 16:57

sicetaitsimple wrote:How old is this resistance? Your water is really hard? (normally it is specified in the annex to the invoice).

The resistance is two years old, the water is hard (clay-limestone in the corner) but comes from a borehole, so I have no invoice.
Otherwise, I will change all the box of the entrance of the summer kitchen (that's where the water heater with the washing machine), too small, which is no longer waterproof and I will to connect this piece to a new ground (coppered / galvanized post) that I planted in an always + or -humid zone of the garden. Then I will descale the balloon and the resistance. We'll see
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/11/19, 17:09

OK, two years, it's certainly not a scaling problem, even with hard water. Maybe it's just the sound that kills.

But to be sure you have understood correctly, when you say "the safety is inside, it is she who jumps" ", you do not notice anything on the electrical panel, whether on the main circuit breaker, the differential circuit breaker 30mA or the small "circuit breaker" or "fuse" which is on the supply circuit of this resistor at the level of your board?
Is it just the resistance itself that stops for an unknown reason? And who then restarts alone?
Last edited by sicetaitsimple the 18 / 11 / 19, 17: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 18/11/19, 17:11

sicetaitsimple wrote:OK, two years, it's certainly not a scaling problem, even with hard water. Maybe it's just the sound that kills.

But to be sure you have understood correctly, when you say "it trips", you do not notice anything on the electrical panel, whether it is on the main circuit breaker, the 30mA differential circuit breaker or the small "circuit breaker" or "fuse" which is on the supply circuit of this resistor at the level of your table?
It's just the resistance itself that stops? And who then restarts alone?

You have to press a small button located in the box of the resistance. It's ch ... because originally, to do this you had to unscrew four screws. I took a look at the top to reset it with a toothpick (sealed with Patafix).
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/11/19, 17:26

GuyGadebois wrote:You have to press a small button located in the box of the resistance. It's ch ... because originally, to do this you had to unscrew four screws. I took a look at the top to reset it with a toothpick (sealed with Patafix).

Well, if nothing happens at the electrical panel is a good thing, in my opinion the easiest is to change the resistance + thermostat (I do not think it sells separately).
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 18/11/19, 17:29

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:You have to press a small button located in the box of the resistance. It's ch ... because originally, to do this you had to unscrew four screws. I took a look at the top to reset it with a toothpick (sealed with Patafix).

Well, if nothing happens at the electrical panel is a good thing, in my opinion the easiest is to change the resistance + thermostat (I do not think it sells separately).

It's all integrated.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/11/19, 18:34

So bin is not a breaker breaker but a blast thermal! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I use exactly the same type of electromechanical thermostat for years ... I guess I have the same thermal protection (auto reclose so) but never jumped home ...

Try to lower the T ° setpoint to see the behavior ...

I regulate at 40-45 ° C the 4 winter months (mid-November to mid-March approximately) in addition to the solar thermal, the rest of the months of the year the auxiliary resistance is OFF ... Legionnaire's disease I do not care :) she's dying the summer! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/11/19, 18:43

GuyGadebois wrote:It's all integrated.

If it is necessary (to not change all the resistance ...), you can deport the regulation in another finger of glove with another mechanical regulator, your balloon must have one (of finger) ...

An adjustable thermo-mechanical regulator is 15 €.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 18/11/19, 18:46

Christophe wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:It's all integrated.

If it is necessary (to not change all the resistance ...), you can deport the regulation in another finger of glove with another mechanical regulator, your balloon must have one (of finger) ...

An adjustable thermo-mechanical regulator is 15 €.

Already, "glove finger", I don't know what it is and your "DIY" is beyond my skills, I think!
0 x