Solar house with high power thermal panels and thermal buffer heat storage

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/08/10, 23:43

fresnel lens is something else it can not be tempered glass!

quenching is only effective for flat glass

for fresnel lentils it would be borosilicate glass mold glass because the strong difference in thickness would break ordinary glass

Plexiglas is more reasonable but it does not last long: the uv make him lose his resistance in ten years and it breaks at the first time
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/10, 23:56

antoinet111 wrote:Christophe, your system is imbued with horticulture, fixings, joints, windows, and keys.

Quite and well done: the aluminum profiles and joints are the same as the greenhouse attached to the house (built during construction).

It was renovated last year: https://www.econologie.com/forums/renovation ... t7461.html

What is a key in horticulture?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/08/10, 00:10

It must not be obvious to do Fresnel with glass (with sharp angles).
---
What do you call, flat tempered glass?

Windows ok.

The windows and windshields of cars, what is called "security"
which breaks into small pieces?

I had worked a summer at manufacturing at duralex.
The canteen glasses, the salad bowls, and even the flat plates were quenched (tunnel with electric oven, then compressed air).
I remember the dessert plates with peeled edge (Parisian), which were made at an infernal rate and a quarter of which were pounding when quenching (especially at the exit).
What survived was the shock afterwards, though it sometimes faded before packing ...
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 20/08/10, 00:15

a key is a system of maintenance with the black seal, it is what receives it.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/10, 08:42

antoinet111 wrote:a key is a system of maintenance with the black seal, it is what receives it.

Ah ok, well we don't have that then because they are "clipped" into the aluminum profiles ... there is a groove which corresponds to the top of the profile in the joint.

I still put some piece of roof stoch to better maintain the joints in places and elsewhere (the bright spots on the photos).
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 20/08/10, 09:36

chatelot16 wrote:for fresnel lentils it would be borosilicate glass mold glass because the strong difference in thickness would break ordinary glass

But the re-reading of a 1m2 fresnel lens with a focal length of 50cm is less than 1mm: the difficulty is rather the precision of the molding or the machining as the case may be.

chatelot16 wrote:Plexiglas is more reasonable but it does not last long: the uv make him lose his resistance in ten years and it breaks at the first time

The fresnel lens that I tested is made of PMMA: it resists UV and shock, and lets more light pass than glass. But in small thickness it is not very rigid: that's why I asked myself the question of making it in tempered glass.
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/08/10, 10:11

there are lots of things to say about fresnel lenses but opens another topic: it has nothing to do on this one

with the pmma which is molded with great precision one can make fresnel with any small drawing of some mm

with the glass mold much less precise, it should rather face a centimeter wide so a thick: it will cost a fortune
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/10, 10:18

chatelot16 wrote:there are lots of things to say about fresnel lenses but opens another topic: it has nothing to do on this one

+1 :D
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/08/10, 10:39

gegyx wrote:It must not be obvious to do Fresnel with glass (with sharp angles).
---
What do you call, flat tempered glass?

Windows ok.

The windows and windshields of cars, what is called "security"
which breaks into small pieces?

I had worked a summer at manufacturing at duralex.
The canteen glasses, the salad bowls, and even the flat plates were quenched (tunnel with electric oven, then compressed air).
I remember the dessert plates with peeled edge (Parisian), which were made at an infernal rate and a quarter of which were pounding when quenching (especially at the exit).
What survived was the shock afterwards, though it sometimes faded before packing ...

for flat glass (or slightly curved like windshields) the tempering is very strong: it makes the glass very solid and if it breaks it breaks into small pieces

for glass mold duralex it is the same principle of quenching: brutal cooling of glass very hot, but given the form the quenching is less strong: when it breaks it makes pieces as big as ordinary glass: the interest of this medium quenching is to increase the solidity
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/08/10, 11:05

I just respond to gegyx ... and I thank him for sharing this kind of experience!

it is not off topic like the fresnel, it may have existed greenhouse glass, tempered less strong than automotive safety glass, which does not break in small piece, but as duralex stronger than ordinary glass
0 x