Pool heating - solar panel house - request info

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
xman-27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pool heating - solar panel house - request info

by xman-27 » 18/04/12, 14:21

Hello,

I went through a lot of posts on solar panels houses (spiral pipe, ...) for the purpose of heating a pool.
I found a site on which it is explained that we can make a solar panel with a grid (rear) of a refrigerator (it falls well, I have it on hand). What do you think ?
I have the possibility to recover car radiators in quantity, it will work better with radiators of this type painted in black.

I thought doing the following thing:
- Compartment complete compressed polystyrene (it remains of my house) which should be well insulated, the bottom will be painted matte black.
- sensor = fridge grille, painted matte black or auto radiator ???
- glass (I have double glazing that I still have). Is it necessary to double glaze or do I double it?

As my goal is to heat the pool of my son (4m diameter, height 80 cm, 3 approx m3), I thought to install this system, coupled with a valve 3 channels to pumping system + programmer (until I invented nothing, many of you do) mounted on an adjustable support (manually)

My question is the following :
Will this grid be sufficient (the swimming pool is tarpaulin when it is not used (day and night) to gain a few degrees or must we exclude this solution?
Should we rather pass with a PE pipe as bcp d'entre?

I thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely
:frown:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/04/12, 14:33

1 only grid will be clearly very insufficient: it is expected that at least half of the surface of the swimming pool in flexible solar panels!

And it seems rather complicated as a DIY to heat a small pool, not to mention the risk of corrosion!

There are other less complicated methods to make a solar panel for swimming pool, the simplest is the black garden hose under glass or bell ...

Here are other ideas: https://www.econologie.com/construire-ou ... -3215.html

Or even buy and use a special flexible solar panel pool of this type: https://www.econologie.com/forums/reparation ... 10930.html

0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pool heating - solar panel house - request for i

by Gaston » 18/04/12, 14:39

Hello,

In my opinion, the refrigerator rack has a diameter of pipe much too weak to allow a significant flow compared to the volume of the swimming pool.

With the car radiator, it would be better, especially if you use several to get a large area.

It should be noted that the pool itself is a sensor near 12m² (although it is not optimal).
If you want to feel a difference, you need a surface of the same order (with 1 or 2 m², it will not bring much).

By the bye,
xman-27 wrote:As my goal is to heat my son's pool (4m diameter, height 80 cm, ie approx 3 m3)
4 m diameter on 80 cm high, it is rather 10 m3 ...
To increase the temperature of 1 °, it is necessary to supply 41800000 J or 11,6 kWh.

Knowing that the sun gives about 1kWh / m², an 1m² sensor with a yield of 80% can give about 6kWh per sunny day, which is enough to increase the temperature of the 0,5 ° pool ... not even enough to make up for the losses the night...
0 x
fam
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by fam » 18/04/12, 19:21

Hello

As an experiment, I had unrolled a coil of 20m of red rubber pipe laid on a tiled roof with an aquarium pump, probe and contactor all of recup. The temperature rise was from 3 to 5 ° for 5Litres per minute.

The next step is to go through black polyethylene tube and longer.

and here is a site that only talks about self-build solar heating blogs

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Po ... htm#Basics
0 x
"Talking about it is one thing, doing it another.
I made my choice"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/04/12, 10:20

to be useful the sensor must make a large area, larger than the surface of the pool

the surface of the pool also receives the sun, but cools it at night: the advantage of the sensor surface is that it circulates the water that when it heats, and not when it cooled

a large amount of black tiuyau and a good solution: glass and greenhouse effect useless because the temperature is low so the pipe retems very little infrared: a window to make the greenhouse effect makes more loss by reflection than gain by retaining the infra red reemie not the pipe

small improvement possible: the concrete is cheaper than the polyethylene: it is possible to make a concrete deck with pipe in like a floor heating: it is the surface of concrete which counts for the captured power, even if the surface of Touyau inside is much weaker
0 x
tmicola
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tmicola » 23/04/12, 17:06

The flexible solar panel has the advantage of being easier to install.
And considering the size of the pool (4m diameter for a height of 80cm), the terrace is not relevant
0 x