Wi-Fi, waves and health: danger or not?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Wi-Fi, waves and health: danger or not?

by Christophe » 17/01/09, 01:23

A rather reassuring news, it only prevents RJ45 wire network: it is more reliable (security + lifespan), it consumes less and it costs less, in short it is more economical!

Is Wi-Fi Technology Dangerous To Health ?

As Wi-Fi continues to expand dramatically, alarmist accounts of health risks continue to emerge in Europe. Some elements of response.

Although the most vocal stories come from local opinions more than a proven national research effort, governments and regulators are concerned about the health consequences of Wi-Fi technology.

However, all of the research in Europe gives Wi-Fi a positive health check thanks in part to the following discoveries:

* The radio waves emitted by Wi-Fi being similar to those of radio and television, a lot of research has already studied their impact over the past 50 years.
* Comparison with cell phone signals can be misleading. The UK's Health Protection Agency (HPA) reports that it would take a year to sit in a Wi-Fi hotspot to receive as many radio waves as those emitted by a mobile phone during a 20-minute call .
* Wi-Fi signals are well below international recommendations for maximum exposure to non-ionizing rays. A long-term program of the World Health Organization (WHO) on electromagnetic fields places them on a range of 0,002% to 2% of the maximum recommended.
* The three fields studied in detail by the WHO concern the increase in body temperature, cancer, as well as a condition called "electromagnetic hypersensitivity". None of these cases highlighted the presence of problems.
* European legislation, referenced by the national laws of the member states, complies with international directives.

European countries are very interested in studies on the effects of Wi-Fi on health. However, although some studies are in progress, all the results seem to come to the same conclusion: the level of Wi-Fi emissions is so low that it is safe for the population

Source: http://enews.techniques-ingenieur.fr/xg ... -/329.html
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 17/01/09, 11:07

Hello,

This is good news and bad!

-Good, because it shows that we are interested and it is very good!

- Bad, because all these studies are pipelined ( : Cheesy: ) from the start. What is taken into account is the short-term effect on predictable and expected points from the zero phase of the study.

Mother nature having done things well we resist very well attacks of short duration, but if the aggression at a very low level lasts, our body becomes accustomed and vigilance is put on hold which triggers long term problems ...

The glaring example is the drop of water on the skull.
No problem for durations of a few minutes, abominable after tens of hours ....

Who can say today that there is enough distance in Wi-Fi to be peremptory in this area?
I would be careful!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 13:55

A school group dismantles all its WiFi antennas in place for 4 years by "precautionary principle":

Rodolphe Thomas, Modem Mayor of Hérouville, has just announced that he is going to cut WiFi in all the schools in his town, following the "Grenelle des Ondes". He said: "We apply the precautionary principle. Our role is to protect people's health." A dozen schools are affected by this measure. From now on, they will connect to the Internet via the traditional network and no longer by air. In addition, the town hall intends to finance a study on the impact of these waves on the population.

http://www.lamanchelibre.fr/Herouville- ... dia?f=1878

or:

Dozens of antennas. With new technologies, these waves are everywhere: GSM and 3G for mobile telephony and Wi-Fi and Wimax for the Internet. In Hérouville-Saint-Clair, a city in the Caen agglomeration, dozens of relay antennas surround the inhabitants.

Very dear antennas. Installing a relay antenna on a building roof has a cost: € 100. Then, operators must pay the rental of this space in the range of € 000 to 1 per month. To limit their expenses, operators restrict the number of relay antennas. And increase the emission of waves.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actu_BN ... 7_actu.Htm

I don't even understand that we do not automatically equip a school with an RJ45 wired network ... mandatory for a few months in all houses delivered new !!

It is sure that selling and installing wifi is much more profitable ... and much less sustainable ... : Evil:

We are no longer in a consumer society, we are in a society of laziness ... : Shock:

Hey Rulian, it's in your corner! Do you have anything to do with it? : Cheesy:

ps: for the rental figures, they are erroneous or they have swelled a lot because in 2002 it was € 1500 to € 2000 rental PER YEAR which was given to the retirement home opposite my parents !!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 29/04/09, 14:44

For schools, I have always found WiFi stupid.
Especially since computers are often downgraded donations from companies (over 5 years of age).
WiFi is necessarily a surplus of town hall or school budget ... Pffff.

Ditto, for the comfort of a driver, the headset of the mobile phone works in WiFi. You talk about progress ...

What happens, for the installation of antennas:
the operator holds out to the assembly of co-owners 1500 to 2000 € per year in income to install their antennas on the roof of a building.
Mostly. Landlords and some residents see a drop in charges.
Others close to the antennas or by knowledge are against (= the usual "pissers")
The president of the co-owners always has an attentive ear to the “cons”, but always puts forward that there is no official text designating a potential danger. So, the precautionary principle, they do not care ... Period.
A controversy sets in, we pass the vote, and it is a majority of "yes to the installation".

We can insist on adding a paragraph, such as, as soon as there is official proof (of the State) of potential danger, or even a resident who is sick of the waves, we remove the antennas.

The other paragraph to be foreseen by reading the operator's text, is that any other operator will have to pay an equivalent rental for the installation of its antennas.
Because often the first operator rents the place for its antennas, then sublets the place to the antennas of other operators. It's all good.
And the unfortunate inhabitants below just have to move…
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 29/04/09, 15:18

I am surprised that they say that wifi is like radio or TV waves since Wifi is at 2,4 GHz (about that of the microwave) so frequency even higher than the phone (900MHz or 1,8GHz) and many more than TV or radio.

By cons transmission power level it is clear that it is much less than the phone and in addition we do not put against. But above all it does not require antennas like GSM which they are very powerful. The biggest concern of wifi compared to such is that it is permanent but power issue is bcp bcp weaker. (At home I am in RJ45).

What I don't understand is that nobody says anything about 3G which combines power, permanence and the need for antennas everywhere.

For bluetooth headsets the power is very very low and it is better than having the phone itself.

For the wire earpiece I don't know because the wire transmits waves very well and it goes directly into the ear, even closer to the brain.

So here I am wondering why we shout WiFi alert (in schools precautions ok) but nobody takes care of 3G and worse of WiMax to come which will be much worse than the current ones already worrying.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/04/09, 15:54

nonoLeRobot wrote:What I don't understand is that nobody says anything about 3G which combines power, permanence and the need for antennas everywhere.
For bluetooth headsets the power is very very low and it is better than having the phone itself.

So here I am wondering why we shout WiFi alert (in schools precautions ok) but nobody takes care of 3G and worse of WiMax to come which will be much worse than the current ones already worrying.

+1 no!

3G + is an eyesore
permanent speed and power of the mobile phone 50 times higher than Wifi (1 to 2W against 30 to 100mW for wifi) and more as you say, we are far from the antennas in wifi while in 3G it is less '1m

I have a neighbor who chose 3G over Wifi (the idiot !!)
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/04/09, 16:14

gegyx wrote:And the unfortunate inhabitants below just have to move…

Be aware that the sectoral antennas used for the GSM band emit almost nothing vertically

it is better to be below than in front
here is a radiation diagram
http://www.mhzshop.com/shop/index~sid~a ... 373935.htm

http://www.interline.pl/source/pdf/manu ... 4-V_en.pdf
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
GuyDebordAttitude
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GuyDebordAttitude » 01/05/09, 17:28

WHO, HPA, ... it would be good to lose this bad habit which consists in accepting the authority of these acronyms ... behind which hide men. I would like to be quoted the names of the persons communicating these conclusions to us, as well as their CVs, and all the sources of their income for 20 years, as well as the sources of funding for the studies which go in the direction of these conclusions. , as well as the list of studies that totally contradict these conclusions. Finally, I would like to know who are the politicians who appointed these people to the WHO and to the HPA, and obviously the CVs of these politicians, and all the sources of their income for 20 years, as well as the CVs their family members.
I don't think any of you know who was WHO director for the electro-magnetism program for a decade. If you knew it, you would no longer say "WHO" but "the puppets of the industrialists at the WHO".
As always, as everywhere, I see that almost no one can learn about information, almost no one makes sufficient efforts to go back to the sources, to men.
Result: you are tossed like poor wretches on a raft according to the information / disinformation blown into your brains by public relations agencies, and you make yourself naive relays of extremely serious lies.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/05/09, 21:21

Hello GuyDebordAttitude and welcome

Can you light up our lantern and give us the crisp details, you who had the courage to lead the investigation "to the men" who walk us around?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
GuyDebordAttitude
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GuyDebordAttitude » 01/05/09, 21:45

Find out who has set global standards for exposure to mobile phone waves!
Who chose that we could take 40V / m in our dear brains.
Who did this sadist work for before dictating his law to the WHO? And how did he get this job?
He was forced to resign under pressure from a few associations, veritable post-modern Don Quixote.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "