Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants)

by Janic » 02/08/21, 13:57

France does nearly a million PCR tests per day ... (at the height of time) ...
good business that too! Ah, the money, the money, the flouse, the artichoke, the pépéttes, what things do not we do in your name!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

Re: Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants)

by Christophe » 02/08/21, 14:03

Let's go Janic!

Nobody pays the PCR directly or only very little (that will change and the tests will collapse ... at 49 € the test ... you surprise me!)

Uh, do we have an idea of ​​the covid debt for France accumulated in 18 months there?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/08/21, 14:09

Yes, who cares, hum ... I had given a figure in a ladle, 85,5 million antigenic tests and RT-PCR were validated between March 1, 2020 and May 16, 2021, I just find him right now https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/socie ... 51212.html that's a little less than a million PCR tests a day, a lot of cash. At 50 € the test *, that's 50 million euros per day, just for France ... In the world we are at nearly 200 million confirmed cases that makes more than 10 billion (and even more, there are patients who are tested several times ...)

*) PS: hey, I thought it was 20 € on average, how naive I am : Oops:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/08/21, 14:32

Obamot wrote: I had given a figure to the ladle, 85,5 million antigenic tests and RT-PCR were validated between March 1, 2020 and May 16, 2021, I just found it at the moment https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/socie ... 51212.html that's a little less than a million PCR tests per day,

To count and you, that makes two ... As well as to realize an order of magnitude obviously aberrant.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/21, 14:49

Obamot wrote:In the world, we are at nearly 200 million confirmed cases, which makes more than 10 billion (and even more, there are patients who are tested several times ...)

Uh there are mostly all the negatives ... so you can at least count on 60 billion turnover for the tests (but they are not all at 50 € in the world ...)

For 200 M of positive there were probably between 1.5 and 3 billion tests carried out...

Personally, I was not zealous (no complacency test) but I was tested 2 times by PCR for medical reasons other than covid (and 1 time by serological zeal in spring 2020, see 1st message of this subject). .So to me alone without pushing I have already done 3!

An irresponsible person who wants to live his life "as before" does not hesitate to do 1 per week or every 2 weeks! I bet that some French people have already done more than 30 PCR tests just for their face! : Mrgreen:

My question was not only on the price of the tests but the total covid debt ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 02/08/21, 15:11

Obamot wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:Well, since I visited the lab last week,
Yes, it's very incomplete but impossible to cover everything during a simple visit, I admit it ... For example at the start of an epidemic outbreak, there is still little viral material in the samples, so the labs are growing. the amplification in the very settings of the machines, the operators do not know (since the machine works almost by itself, the responsibility lies with the head of the lab), and these facts are not known to the general public or even to zeticians. There can also be a bad selectivity which pushes to do that, where when one has to do with a mutant and the machine reacts less well, then the machine is set differently to achieve “standard result to be achieved closest to the standards”Is not a complete success because it can explode false positives or negatives and it goes almost unnoticed ... We often present the irreproachable side, but how to validate everything in detail and with care, when a country like the France does nearly a million PCR tests per day ... (at the peak of periods) ...

There, I do not know, I am not competent. But it sheds some light on how / why we would have false positives.

Regarding money: hospitals or labs (understand: analysis laboratories) probably don't make a lot of money with PCR. In any case, we even lost a lot of money doing it (the reimbursement of the exam quotation is lower, or even considerably, than our production cost, all inclusive, agent time, etc.).
Those who can possibly make money, it must be the suppliers of reagents (consumables during exams), so the industry.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/08/21, 17:12

Thank you for the answer. I'm not categorical, eh, it's a few things that I know, but as in every professional world (and medical in particular) I'm not going to teach anyone anything but there are things that only people in the profession know.

How much is a nasopharyngeal rt-PCR test charged to you? There's a pricing right?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 02/08/21, 17:42

In any case, we even lost a lot of money doing it (the reimbursement of the exam quotation is lower, or even considerably, than our production cost, all inclusive, agent time, etc.).
Are there still companies that work at a loss? Inevitably, other sectors will compensate!
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/08/21, 17:57

Obamot wrote:Thank you for the answer. I'm not categorical, eh, it's a few things that I know, but as in every professional world (and medical in particular) I'm not going to teach anyone anything but there are things that only people in the profession know.

How much is a nasopharyngeal rt-PCR test charged to you? There's a pricing right?

At Aldi Germany, an antigen test is billed ... 0.80 euro cts!
https://www.aldi-nord.de/gemeinsam-geht ... ticle.html
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Understanding the covid test (serological, pcr, antigenic) of Sars-Cov2 (and its variants) j

by Obamot » 02/08/21, 18:13

And no need for an expensive hardware store behind, strongly that it comes to France!
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "