vegetarian or vegan diet ecology and health

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

vegetarian or vegan diet ecology and health

by Janic » 21/03/12, 09:37

as the subject comes back from time to time, you might as well devote a specific subject to it so as not to encumber the other subjects. therefore copied and pasted from the debate started on "New regulations on battery breeding"

Hello hack
janic:
Quote:
although some are oblivious to the harm they do, needless to say ...

do you really believe it It is like saying that the Nazis were oblivious to the harm they were doing in the concentration camps! They were not oblivious, only indifferent as are the carnists in front of their plates and the slaughterhouses.

The comparison is more than doubtful ... you ask yourself as a judge and a party, who are you to judge, are you in the minds of breeders ???

I live in a breeding region and I know the reasoning of these so the comparison may seem dubious because nobody likes to be compared to what horrified. So I judge person, I see the similarity between behaviors. It is obvious that in one case it concerns animals which are not human therefore it calls out less than when it is a question of human animals.
If these breeders were not indifferent, they could not send their animals to the slaughterhouse and if the consumers were not either, they could not eat their chop without seeing the calf which is slaughtered and which s 'agitates in all directions in agony, nor the mothers' lows when their calf is removed, etc ...
Are you aware only that a being is different from another as well in terms of the expression of his DNA as in the understanding of things in general ???

It was the case of the Nazi torturers too!
I imagine that you are a vegetarian or a vegan ... ask yourself where you would be, or in what state, if there hadn't been meat after WWII to feed your grandparents and parents.

I was born during the war so I know what I'm talking about. Meat was a luxury, not a basic food need, and the rest still, as WHO has analyzed and emphasized. Proof is that emerging countries like China, South America, some European countries, see their meat consumption increase with the rise in their standard of living.
. the "advances" in terms of knowledge about what food is (in France at least) is only very recent, the availability of useful food for "balance" comes from international trade, how many workers underpay, how many people have been fired from their fields who can no longer feed themselves ... to make your foodstuffs in order to allow you to live without meat ???

Another image of Epinal, (for which you are not responsible, I am not targeting you personally!) It is exactly the opposite happens: to feed livestock, you have to cut whole forests in South America by example, to grow cereals to feed OUR animals by starving entire populations who no longer have cultivable areas for their own needs. Find out!
http://www.viande.info/
I am not for battery farming, but I do not judge as you do, look at yourself before judging the others, and tell yourself that yes according to your conception of living things it is quite possible to tell yourself that what we do is not bad ... it is not because of you that you believe in respect for the life of animals that everyone believes (unfortunately).

To say the least, but once again I do not judge (I have been a carnist too long enough), I only give opinions on a biological or social level in relation to scientific studies that everyone can consult and verify.
"it is called self-justification of the genre:" one is fine, three hello the damage "

Selfjustification ???? who of me lol you know me, you're on my plate when i eat;) ...

This is not an individual judgment, stop believing that it is only for you, it concerns all humanity who will have to choose between feeding animals or feeding humans because the cultivable areas are not infinitely multipliable. Ecological and human danger is not just about CO2 pollution
Put things back in order, if with the right information, at present most of the people understand that eating meat and meals is more harmful than beneficial, do you think the production would be the same, there is production it is that there is a market (we live for the moment in a world where the economy reigns supreme and not common sense unfortunately once again)
Here it is an observation of common sense. But to understand you must first be informed and where does the information come from in general now?
What do you want to tell me with your numbers ??? we eat too much meat ???
that we export too much meat, that we exploit animals ???
I agree with all this and after that will change something if no one realizes that meat is not the only source of protein, I don't think.

Another image of Epinal, we end up considering the animal as a product like a pair of socks, so it is no longer a living being but ONLY a source of protein. But here again, to become aware of it, you have to be informed other than by the CIV and the well-trained dietitians in universities (fortunately there is more and more awareness, even in these environments)
The problem is elsewhere, it is at the economic and knowledge level, it is essentially for lack of knowledge that we continue to have such a calamitous diet (but little by little it changes), and that benefits who economically speaking ???

That's what I say, read me again! And this does not only concern the food sector!
If the demand was not so important the production would not be at this stage ...

The demand is dependent on the social conditioning where the major part of the population is convinced that without bidoche, the greatest misfortunes will fall on it.
For my part the only solution I know for the respect of all animals and all plants (because we can go even further each plant has its own energy so when you cut a salad you destroy it to eat its energy)

The famous cry of the carrot or the salad last resort of the cornered carnist! Yet you are not completely wrong, life does not exist without killing another form of life, it is in the laws of nature. The question is: what is our food family! If we are made up to be carnist then it becomes legitimate to eat animals, if we are made up to be VG then it becomes legitimate to consume plants without particular sentimental crises (it is even difficult to make LV understand this, then !)
and by the same token, is called respiriannism, are you ready ????

For the moment if a large part of humanity is VG, the respiratoryists are not legion and it is almost impossible to find any. So we drop for the moment for lack of an acceptable reference.
do you think we can be ready as long as we're hungry ???
Another misconception! How can you be hungry after having a full stomach, whether with vegetables or a jug?
In no case do I want to justify the mistreatment and the atrocious conditions (sometimes) of certain breeding, but I don't want to stop myself either ... you produce everything you eat ??? if yes this is perfect (you still have to produce your own seeds ...), if not you asked yourself where do the vegetables, legumes, cereals, fruits etc that you eat come from? have you been there to see that respect for human beings is in order ??? , that respect for the earth is essential ?? how food arrives on your plate, by rail transported by plane by truck ???

Ouarf, another ready-made idea. What you mention is valid for any animal or vegetable food. So even assuming everything you say including the bidoche is correct (and it is largely): The advantage is vegetable. In addition, humans are at the top of the food chain so assuming all of these conditions are stated, production costs, travel, agricultural pollution, etc. make the animal the worst economic, ecological, human solution , etc… and its final position means that it accumulates all the toxic products used from plant to animal.
I am for the respect of the life on all the levels but only progress of comprehension will be able to bring a real solution to all its problems, you will be able to make all the laws that you want in all the directions that you want as long as the bottom does is not understood it comes back to pissing on a violin. and then bring well-being to an animal that you are going to kill is not it the self-justification that we can just continue to kill its same animals (watch they are well treated my chickens so I can kill them as they are well treated ...).
in short if mentality changes more need for laws only common sense is enough ... it is rather at this level that we must act ... but the problem is much more complex than a question of high manner .. .

This is what I wrote too! No binding law has ever changed mentalities (see the prohibition of alcohol in America, anti-tobacco campaigns, campaigns against drinking and driving, etc.) However, if each waits for the other to take the first step we are not going to move forward. Those who took this first step must therefore show and explain that it is possible and even beneficial for all.
But be quiet in a while the steaks will be made in the laboratory ...

There is no need to dream! : Cheesy:
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 21/03/12, 10:36

Hello Janic,
Not all agreed, when you say that life does not exist without killing another.
When you eat fruit, legumes and others, you only limit their percentage chance of reproducing.
Being annual plants you did not have to intervene in their end
a + claude
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/03/12, 12:00

Anyway if in the near future we want to eat our fill of quality products, there will be no choice but to have a predominantly vegetarian diet.

For those who want to continue it costs that it costs to eat meats at each meal and well we must accept the following things:

-Ingest GMOs (30% of cattle are fed on GMOs in France).
-Take antibiotics without the knowledge of our own free will (10000 tonnes in European cattle per year!).

-Produce greenhouse gases in significant quantities (methane is a GHG 24 times more powerful than C02).

-Waste water (1kg of beef is 15000 liters of water on average!)

-Participate in deforestation (64% of agricultural area is used for livestock).

-Promote soil pollution (150 million tonnes per year worldwide !!!).

-Practice animal torture (50 billion animals killed !!!).

Not pretty pretty!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/03/12, 12:54

hello clasou
Hello Janic,
Not all agreed, when you say that life does not exist without killing another.
When you eat fruit, legumes and others, you only limit their percentage chance of reproducing.
Being annual plants you did not have to intervene in their end
The question is, what is called life? Certainly the consumption of "seeds" can be considered as a non-consumption of hatched life, but it is to have a reducing look at life which is more in its "energy" of life than in the form taken. Thus an unfertilized egg can be considered as lifeless, which is correct insofar as no birds will emerge from it; but in terms of diet and health, it is the energy of life or death that it possesses which is also taken into consideration (which dietetics call vitamins, diastases, etc.)
The only non-"living" products are synthetic products invented by humans.

sen no sen +1
fully agree! You just have to make a rule of three in all the sectors you mentioned to see what the earth will do with 9 billion inhabitants (or even more) with a constant increase in consumption.
So humanity will have no choice and will have to adopt an almost obligatory de facto "vegetarianism".
But in the meantime, what a waste and what unnecessary suffering!
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 21/03/12, 15:23

No I thought, apple pear, wheat grain or sorghum ripe, to compare to the cry of the carrot, or to the salad which it has not finished its cycle.
Besides, vegetarian food does not necessarily mean quality, because on the side of Fukushima, or at the market gardener who has a lot of product with the numbers.
Well in my garden it's different :P But not close to supplying 9 billion.
a + claude
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/03/12, 19:06

Clasou
No I thought, apple pear, wheat grain or sorghum ripe, to compare to the cry of the carrot, or to the salad which it has not finished its cycle.

This reasoning is valid for fruit and vegetable fruits only where it is the flesh which is consumed and which on the ground would have degraded naturally. It is therefore a philosophico-ethical approach. Less valid for grains!
Besides, vegetarian food does not necessarily mean quality, because on the side of Fukushima, or at the market gardener who has a lot of product with the numbers.

Absolutely right ! Certain plants depending on their mode of cultivation, their environment can be very polluted (hence the search for quality in organic) but in the same place where these plants will grow there will also be animals for the meat industry which will also concentrate these products and will therefore be all the more toxic (the carnist human is at the top of the food chain)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/12, 20:05

Funny Janic, almost 1 year ago you already started a similar subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ecologie-e ... 10750.html
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/03/12, 07:35

christophe hello
it seemed to me that the subject had already been discussed, but I did not remember it was it was in another subject or not. Can you merge them?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/03/12, 14:34

janic loses his memory !!!

otherwise, like meat and protein, eat insects harvested from plants instead of spreading insecticides to kill them.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/03/12, 17:29

janic loses his memory !!!
yes, the years are the cause!
otherwise, like meat and protein, eat insects harvested from plants instead of spreading insecticides to kill them.
Bon appétit!
0 x