Covid vaccines: how effective? Variants, duration of immunity, efficacy on contamination and on severe cases?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Covid vaccines: how effective? Variants, duration of immunity, efficacy on contamination and on severe cases

by Janic » 27/08/21, 11:51

Rajqawee
Uh ... but it is actually something well known. It's called heterologous vaccination. (I'm not saying it's good or not for COVID, I'm not competent) We've been talking about it for quite a while, including more classic vaccinations like memory BCG.
I don't think you can use this comparison with a heterologous vaccine. In fact, vaccines could only be manufactured in quantity on large animals in order to extract, en masse, the "pus" produced to make vaccines [*], even when cultivated on humans (forbidden by the way). would have required enormous quantities.
But biologically, an injected animal product retains its specificity and automatically becomes infectious, hence the inflammatory reactions. alleged immune.

[*] curiously these animals, overprotected by antibodies, were then slaughtered.
Weird, you said weird, how strange!
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

Re: Covid vaccines: how effective? Variants, duration of immunity, efficacy on contamination and on severe cases

by Christophe » 27/08/21, 11:52

ABC2019 wrote:well no it did not start for the covid, but as raqjawee reminds you, it is nothing original and it has already been done, I do not know why you psychotic on it.

Here is your concern: you have a methodology with variable geometry ... exactly like izy! And that is stacked up and it's dishonesty, scientific betrayal ...

Hyper strict with studies on therapeutic solutions ...
Hyper lax with studies on vaccine solutions ...

Now I say it for the 3rd time: do what you want but above all ASSUME !!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/08/21, 11:54

Christophe wrote:But here we are talking about mixing 2 vaccines against X (in the experimental phase) to protect against X ...

So it's not heterologous vaccination ... according to the definition in English at least.

well here it is

https://www.france24.com/fr/france/2021 ... rometteurs
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 27/08/21, 12:00

Christophe wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:Uh ... but it is actually something well known. It's called heterologous vaccination. (I'm not saying it's good or not for COVID, I'm not competent) We've been talking about it for quite a while, including more classic vaccinations like memory BCG.

Uh ... I didn't know this term but it's not really its definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterologous_vaccine

It is to vaccinate against X to protect against Y ... ok that I understand!

But here we are talking about mixing 2 vaccines against X (in the experimental phase) to protect against X ...

So it's not heterologous vaccination ... according to the definition in English at least.

But if ! Your article even states "Vaccination regimes where a second, booster vaccination takes place with a different type of vaccine than the first vaccination can also be called heterologous." in the COVID part.
The note justifying it refers to: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01115-6/fulltext

It is indeed the same term which is used to describe this process.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/21, 12:02

Since when is reliable scientific information promising? Do you have a randomized, double-blind study to prove it?

A similar article on ivermectin you would have vomited it!

Please confirm your psychological bias:

Hyper strict with studies on therapeutic solutions ...
Hyper lax with studies on vaccine solutions ...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/21, 12:04

Rajqawee wrote:But if ! Your article even states "Vaccination regimes where a second, booster vaccination takes place with a different type of vaccine than the first vaccination can also be called heterologous." in the COVID part.
The note justifying it refers to: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01115-6/fulltext

Okay with that ... I read too quickly ... : Oops:

I still note that this passage IS VERY RECENT because it dates from the COVID crisis ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/08/21, 12:09

It's simple, the goal of the vaccine is to make the muscle cells produce the Spike protein, whether through messenger RNA or an adenovirus, it's just the efficiency that changes.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 27/08/21, 12:11

Christophe wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:But if ! Your article even states "Vaccination regimes where a second, booster vaccination takes place with a different type of vaccine than the first vaccination can also be called heterologous." in the COVID part.

Okay with that ... I read too quickly ... : Oops:

I still note that this passage IS VERY RECENT because it dates from the COVID crisis ...

Vi vi, but it's a bit the same idea, it's the crossing of ... protections shall we say. Besides, it's funny, it looks like allergies (I am allergic to 16 pollens tested in France. Joy), with cross allergies (for example, allergy to birch can often cause allergies to apples).

in short, it's not so surprising that we thought about it for the covid with vaccines doing a little "the same job"
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 27/08/21, 12:12

Christophe wrote:

Since when is reliable scientific information promising? Do you have a randomized, double-blind study to prove it?

to the extent that the people concerned were for reasons independent of any criterion related to morbidity, since it came from a decision to stop astra zeneca, regardless of any personal criteria, it seems close to me a randomized study (ie I do not identify any confounding factor that could explain better protection in these people than in those who received two doses of the same vaccine).

It is completely different to administer a treatment to a part of a population by choosing on criteria related to the disease (age, severity of symptoms). The decision applies to a RANDOM sample with respect to the disease.

So yes the results seem reliable and credible to me. Here I even think that I will ask for a dose of mRNA vaccine as soon as I can, 6 months after my 2nd dose :).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/08/21, 12:20

Obamot wrote:If it is his choice to be hara kiri: after such contradictions and provocations: what should be done with ABC?

1 x