Costa Allegra: 3 days without water or electricity! Horrible!!

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Costa Allegra: 3 days without water or electricity! Horrible!!

by Christophe » 01/03/12, 13:16

My God, my God, my God ... how difficult the world is for some!

The case of the Costa Allegra is particularly odious and a fine example of selfishness!

The media treatment of the Costa Allegra blackout and the conditions of retirees (ultra privileged classes) who had to "survive" 3 days without running water or electricity ... is truly deplorable and unbearable!

It's horrible!

The JT of FR2 opens on it with a double report.

It's horrible!

Hey guys: we wake up, these retirees have only had a small glimpse of the daily living conditions and "for life" of half of humanity ... I say glimpse because they had a home, adequate supply and water ...

It's horrible!

All this makes me think of this extract from the Belle verte: https://www.econologie.com/stresse-en-vo ... -3666.html

It's terrible!

Poor humanity ... poor world ... poor idiots!

: Evil:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 01/03/12, 14:12

The Costa Allegra is an old container ship transformed into a cruise ship.

No joke, this boat was built in Finland in 1969 and was originally called "Annie Johnson": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Allegra

The "Annie Johnson", a container ship, before its transformation into "Costa Allegra", a cruise liner:

: Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/12, 16:41

Interesting technical precision! (nothing to do with my rant above ...)

What is the economic interest compared to a new construction from A to Z? To keep the machinery and the hull? What are the most "perishable" elements on a boat?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 01/03/12, 17:22

It is a common practice so it is certainly more profitable to buy an old cargo ship at the scrap price and to have it renovated afterwards, if possible at low cost.

The Costa Allegra has a twin brother: the Costa Marina. It was sold by Costa Cruises and is called Harmony Princess: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_Princess . Nice name (for a future wreck :?: :D ).

It is also common during the transformation of cargo ships into passenger ships to take advantage of it to lengthen them. We cut the boat in 2 or 3 and add intermediate sections of 10 or 20 meters long.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 02/03/12, 15:31

Christophe wrote:Interesting technical precision! (nothing to do with my rant above ...)

What is the economic interest compared to a new construction from A to Z? To keep the machinery and the hull? What are the most "perishable" elements on a boat?

The costly construction of the ship (machinery and hull) would never be depreciable by walking the old rich at almost discount prices. So we do with recovery because we know that the gaps are widening and that the next generation of retirees n will no longer have the means or will have his own Yacht ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/03/12, 20:16

The boat no longer carries heavy containers and therefore even very rusty, subject to much less effort, can carry around a lot of retired people who are much lighter, for cheap, 43 years after construction of the hull !!!
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"