Leak on Gardena pump outlet nozzle

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leak on pump outlet nozzle

by GuyGadebois » 24/06/20, 19:03

Forhorse wrote:If not another solution, tap the inside of the outlet fitting to screw a suitable nipple (male / male gender with reduction to find the same thread as originally)
It is best then to glue the repair fitting with a suitable waterproofing product.

Yes, or find a female / male.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/20, 02:18

I agree with the first solution from Forhorse!

The net looks worn but not completely HS so personally I would put a female brass fitting (which will not rust and will be more resistant than a plastic) glued to red loctite ... (or equivalent)

PVC glue you can forget that it works only on PVC ... not even on your pump body being PVC (ABS? ...)

Epoxy I am not sure that it resists the pressure especially with different material.

Loctite, which is made to seal the nets, seems to me the most suitable ...

A connection without reduction is better and it allows to use 100% of the remaining thread ...

41Gq1FCyh + L._AC_.jpg
41Gq1FCyh + L._AC_.jpg (17.08 KiB) Viewed 4883 times

And especially afterwards you touch more the brass piece.

ps: in general, the tow and grease works much better than the teflon which must be reserved for drinking water and gas connections ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leak on Gardena pump outlet nozzle

by Forhorse » 25/06/20, 08:43

The tow is not suitable for plastic fittings, the excess thickness is too great and there is a risk of blowing up the threads or cracking the fitting.
The best is to use a sealing paste (loctite type 5331)
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/20, 10:44

Those of gardening yes (they are all joined anyway) it is too small but I have already mounted pumps or filters with plastic nets and tow ... just apply it carefully and not tighten like a nag ... I always use a net grease with it.

If the thread is> 3/4 inch it works fine ...

Loctite 5331 (which I have never used) may be suitable for this repair too ...

Like all Loctite products, it costs an arm and you quickly get lost in their "cash" references !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/20, 10:45

kristo wrote:I think it comes from the guard thread

Send us a photo of the net without the teflon to see its exact state ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 25/06/20, 11:01

I said that there was a risk, I did not say that it was systematic ... But the tow is not recommended for plastic fittings, that's all.
If you have never had a problem, good for you. But do not promote its use for a plastic fitting without warning that it can create more problems than it solves.

It's great for metal fittings, it's also mainly what I use for all "final" assemblies (and Teflon for "temporary") But not for plastic.
1 x
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 25/06/20, 15:15

oula Forhorse;) I don't see how to tap on a regular basis. Interesting idea but it requires two adapters, one that reduces and one that enlarges. (to return to D25)
I will post a photo of the thread.
Last edited by kristo the 25 / 06 / 20, 15: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 25/06/20, 15:16

kristo wrote:oula Forhorse;) I don't see how to tap on a regular basis. Interesting idea but it requires two adapters, one that reduces and one that enlarges. (to return to D25)
I will post a photo of the thread.

Yes, tap the inside of a plastic pipe already tapped (weakened, therefore) outside, 2mm thick (at random), good luck!
I would rather see that (in the right size, of course):
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/20, 15:20

Tapping is the last solution ... and you have to be equipped and know how to do it because there is only one chance!

Possibly taking over the existing net, it's always easier than starting from "nothing" ... but here too you have to have the sector!

Let him already start trying to repair the existing thread with a cementing glue that is going well !! Loctite red ...

In my opinion that should be enough ... to see the state of the net
0 x
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 25/06/20, 15:21

Guy that's about what i got :)) the problem is: how to prevent leaks? (Teflon does not work)
0 x