Dishwasher on solar hot water (or gas, oil)?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Did67

by Did67 » 25/05/11, 10:57

Well, here is concrete!

What connection distance about ????
0 x
Did67

Re: dishwasher on hot water

by Did67 » 25/05/11, 11:02

tigrou_838 wrote:
for both tests, the dishes are always as clean.

tigrou

Logic: if it is the same cycle, the water temperature is the same (it is controlled by the thermostat and the program) and in my opinion, the washing time too; the lengthening of the time is probably linked to the time taken to heat the water (and not to the time of "squirting"). It should be checked, but probably the washing pump starts up once the water is heated ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/11, 11:05

+1 did for the duration, it makes sense ...

For the distance from me it's quite high ... I would say a good ten m (I would estimate during the tests). 10/8 mm copper pipe, insulated where possible.

Anyway the easiest way is to do a potting test to see the number of liters before the hot water arrives ...

By the way, little Hors Subject: I've been wondering for years how we could solve this energy waste of "thermal lag" ...

Apart from an instantaneous water heater which would only heat the first seconds ... I didn't find ...

But very heavy as an investment, probably paid for in 1 or 2 century :D
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/05/11, 11:14

Did67 wrote:What connection distance about ????
So the question is there: for samples of a few liters, spaced several minutes apart (at least a good ten), does the water have time to reach the dishwasher enough hot and the pipe cools down between direct debits.

It depends on the length (and diameter) of the pipe but also on its insulation (or not).

We can assume by seeing the washing times decrease that, in the case of tigger, it is indeed the case.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/05/11, 11:20

Christophe wrote:By the way, little Hors Subject: I've been wondering for years how we could solve this energy waste of "thermal lag" ...

Apart from an instantaneous water heater which would only heat the first seconds ... I didn't find ...
There is also the solution of the permanent circulation of hot water (with a return circuit to the boiler).
Of course, the circuit must be (very) well isolated.
It is still a "heavy" solution :?

Christophe wrote:But very heavy as an investment, probably paid for in 1 or 2 century :D
Not that much: less than a hundred euros for an instantaneous electric water heater.
We gain in water consumption and comfort.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/11, 11:20

I am convinced that we are winners in all cases! I know a little about Tigger's house, I think he has 5m of driving.

And then if ever it takes too long: just "preheat" the water by pulling a little for something else (for example, clean large pots or dishes before starting the dishwasher).

The dishwasher is connected 99% of the time to the sink supply or really not far!

Only a potting can say it!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/05/11, 11:26

1) The German notice says: not on "offene Warmwassergeräte" nor on "durchlauferhitzer"

2) A "durchlauferhitzer", it is clear, it is an "instant preparer" (electric or gas) ...

3) The "Warmwassergerät offense" left me more perplexed.

Internet research gives this:

http://www.heimwerker-tipps.net/offene- ... rspeicher/

The text specifies that it is bigger than the small instant preparers. And that the "container" is open, outdoors...

Je suis perplexe.

In short, obviously, it's a little bigger than the small individual trainer, but is a bit similar anyway.

4) I conclude that the connection of what we call water heaters (which are in fact "preparers"), whether they are solar, electric or connected to a boiler, does not seem to pose a problem if the output is limed to 60 ° (which it should anyway for reasons of safety "anti-burn" - children or the elderly !!!)

I think it is the question of inertia when starting these devices, and perhaps also their "instability" issue temperature issue, which makes them not recommended.

NB: these "balloons" or "preparers" are called "boiler" in German. No mention to the contrary.

On the question of distance, in "old", this poses a problem; we are often forced. In my case, it was bullshit, I could almost have gotten closer under the kitchen, but my installer was very simple, at the back of the garage when the pipes coming up on the sensors ... And me, I skipped because I thought about connecting the LV afterwards! [I did not know "econology" - what a con !!!)].

For the LL, nothing forces me to install it in the laundry room, in between. The new one, with 2 entrances, will be in the back of the garage next to the CESI (underground garage; does not freeze).

But on new, this shows all the interest of the design, with "technical boxes" on the north side, adjoining or just below the kitchen, bathroom above, for very short connections ...

When I see the number of recent houses or this is diagonally !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/11, 11:28

Gaston wrote:Not that much: less than a hundred euros for an instantaneous electric water heater.
We gain in water consumption and comfort.

... and we increase its electricity consumption in summer when the DHW is solar :)

Hence at least, 1 to 2 centuries! : Mrgreen:

Ah yes, the loop continuously supplied! Not stupid at all! Waaw, this is really heavy (ingue?)!

Double circuit + 1 exchanger + 1 DHW circulator (which must not be given) ... waw respect!

Uh but where does it exist? Industry? Hospitals?
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

dishwasher on hot water

by tigrou_838 » 25/05/11, 11:34

Hello,

yes there are 6,5metres of pipes very well insulated, and more or less 1,5 liters of water cooled in the pipe before the arrival of hot water, test done with a 2litre plastoc bottle under the tap hot water in the morning at 7 am, donations without drawing since the day before, and since the dishwasher is plugged in under the sink on the same connection as the sink tap it is more or less fair.

in general the fact of drawing a little water in the sink for different things like washing your hands or cleaning a few things, and then put the dishwasher on, the hot water is immediately in it.

in any case it is a sacred economy in terms of electricity, not to heat the big resistance of 2200watts which is in the dishwasher.

and in addition I do the same with the washing machine with a thermostatic valve set to 35 degrees at the inlet of the machine, and only 2 meters of hose from the hot water tank, so resistance of 2000watts OFF, but that's another story.

tigrou
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/11, 11:39

Yes Tigger and if that is the prewash or pre-rinse begins with a cold water cycle (to soften the dirt) ... so problem of thermik lag solved! :D

Your manual gives what level of water consumption / kWh?
0 x