Feedback please tank rainwater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 20/01/10, 17:15

Re,

hey hey ... your motto would not be: "more stubborn than me you die" ..?
:D

I repeat :

1) the water coming from the roofs must be prefiltered before storage (no large organic matter or animal or vegetable particles in the tank!)
2) in a buried concrete tank, the water temperature fluctuates (all year round) between 11 and 15 ° !!
3) there is necessarily bacterial development, but depending on prefiltration, design and storage management, can easily be controlled.
4) storage water ("raw water") should never be considered drinkable.
5) you never drink "raw" water .. !!
6) "pollution" of "raw" water is taken care of by internal filtration, with performance rates adapted to uses.
7) which means that if consumption = drinking water = drinking water for food consumption!

(as a reminder, my drinking rainwater is healthier for my health than my tap water ..!)

and for what you call the "bacterial risk" ... it is this "bacterial" aspect which is the easiest to treat (to filter) in the pollution of water .. !!
nothing to worry about in all that when you master the subject a minimum ...

would you now be able to share things by considering things as they should be ..!! ???

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/10, 17:18

Sorry, I have nothing to reconsider since I agree with all the points that you raised ...

: Cheesy:

Are you ok?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 20/01/10, 18:06

Re,

if you agree with all that .. why then do you (on the previous page and elsewhere) mix up so many "raw" water and drinking water ...! ??

your outdoor water with its mosquito larvae and other beasts of all kinds and other pollution ... obviously it is contaminated ... but this is not what we drink !!
So, read again and stop these amalgams ...

merci!
: Lol:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/10, 18:26

I do not make amalgamations, you must know how to read and not just fly over the answers ... 8)
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 20/01/10, 18:52

Re,

more in bad faith ....

christophe wrote:I see the state of our rainwater collection tanks after a few weeks: it's teeming with life and not just microscopic!
I'm not saying it's necessarily dangerous (but in our case, when it's teeming with mosquito larvae, well, I wouldn't drink it!)

christophe wrote:But even entered, this will not prevent the water from being polluted "upstream" (roof, gutter ...) and therefore not drinkable ...

: Oops:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/10, 18:55

Well sorry but I persist and sign ... : Mrgreen:

The "coarse filtration" that you mention at the entrance of your buried tank will in no way prevent pollens, dust, soot or other germs or bacteria from arriving in the entered tank !!

You will simply have a lot less than in a recycling bin in the open air, but that does not make it drinkable ... because it is about potability that we are talking about! That's all, you see you agree with me!

You're the head of a mule! : Cheesy:
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 20/01/10, 19:14

Re,

christophe wrote:The "coarse filtration" that you mention at the entrance of your buried tank will in no way prevent pollens, dust, soot or other germs or bacteria from arriving in the entered tank !!

well no, and then ...
that corresponds to points 1) and 3) that I mentioned ...
that is to say: "raw water" .. !!!!

christophe wrote:You will simply have a lot less than in an open-air recycling bin but that doesn't make it drinkable... because we are talking about potability!

and there you are talking about the same thing considering again the potability ... !!

(which means that you still completely skipped points 4) to 7) that I mentioned !!)

and you would like us to believe that you do not mix up "raw water" and "drinking water" ...
pull yourself together a little bit STP

0 x
well hello to you !! ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/01/10, 21:22

Christophe wrote:chatelot16 you intrigue me: any storage of rainwater is polluted more or less quickly by leaves, germs, pollens, fungus, mosses (etc ...) which accumulate on a roof or in the gutters (real "shit nests") ...

Good after if you speak of tank entered with prefiltering and where the T ° rises less than a tank which would remain in the sun in summer (from 15 to 25 ° C the bacterial development is multiplied by 10!), I am already agree with you more: there is less risk but the risk still persists!

It is not because your body supports your rainwater that it is considered drinkable (by all) ...

I forgot to clarify something: the roof pipe is not permanently directed towards the drinking tank: it goes to a large swimming pool which serves as a reservoir of ordinary water: I do not send the water from the roof to the potable tank only when it has rained enough to rinse the roof

when the tank is full I do not feed bacteria with water which makes it overflow

when the roof water fills the tank it is sometimes a little cloudy: the next day it is decanted and very clear: if I have the misfortune to stir what is at the bottom of the tank the decantation is much longer

I have several polyethylene tanks of 300l which I completely clean each in turn when they are empty: therefore the new rain falls in a clean tank and does not stir up the old deposits

I expressly left the tanks full in reserve: for 10 years the water remained clear there is tasteless: alas a nasty hailstorm broke all the covers: since these tanks are no longer well closed and the water gets dirty

I need to make more solid covers
0 x
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 21/01/10, 17:00

arf ... they lived a little less old all the same ...
But it makes me laugh, the same people who want to body and shout impeccable service in hospitals, are obviously here talking about implementing this type of process.
You have to be realistic ... You will not be safe from an infection. An intervention at the beginning of this subject summed up the situation well: the process must always be effective even if the owner is faulty in his management of filters, etc.
You obviously have the right to do so. For my part, I actively campaign for this not to be done on a large scale: let's all take responsibility for our mistakes, don't bother making others pay!
Besides, that reminds me of the arguments of smokers: "me, my father, he smoked from 10 years old ... and he is not dead!" "Me, I smoke with my kids and they are not dead! ..."
Ba here ... not enough perspective on a large-scale use of this type of installation or practice.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/10, 17:03

little sparrow wrote:and you would like us to believe that you do not mix up "raw water" and "drinking water" ...
pull yourself together a little bit STP

Pfff what a quibble !!

Hey heavy water do you know? Because I know a pierro'lourd'eau there! : Lol:

Sorry it was the 2 ball joke of the day! : Oops:
0 x