Feedback please tank rainwater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
stef2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Feedback please tank rainwater

by stef2 » 10/07/09, 16:49

Hello,

We build in the North and want to install a concrete tank to collect rainwater for WC, washing machine, shower, bath, garden.
We were leaving to install a tank of 10000 liters but we are wondering now if we will not regret the future and if we should not put one of 15000 liters ... With one of 10000 liters we are afraid of to be sometimes dry.
If anyone can make us benefit from his experience.

Thanks in advance !
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/07/09, 17:18

In Belgium, we commonly put 7000 liters for 4 people.
With such use, 130 liters / person / day, you need summers like '76 or' 86 to fall dry (unless you water).

In any case, what is the additional cost? Who can do the least?

Personally, I'm not hot at all to feed the showers with rainwater, as small children swallow it easily.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/07/09, 09:16

Bopnjour,

if you are in the North, look for a tank in Belgium, because there you will have a very interesting price on 10 or 15 M3 ...
(to buy oneself live and be asked by a digger ..)
but watch out for weight and transport!
in transport it is likely to pass in exceptional convoy (width), and by weight, you will need a lifting crane in addition to the excavator digger ...

perso I recommend systematically ask 2 tanks rather than 1, to facilitate the installation and reduce the necessary gear ...

you put 2 of 6 or 7 M3 (depending on individual weight) or 3 of 5 M3, put down by digger with a "simple" crawler excavator ... and the deal is done for cheap ...

be careful not to connect them from the bottom (as all companies do), but rather by "auto-siphon from the top" pipes ..! (see my site)

@ Elephant,

rainwater ... it filters! , whether for the shower or something else ...

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/07/09, 13:01

Lil Pierrot said:

rainwater ... it filters! , whether for the shower or something else ...

and he is not wrong, but a filter must be maintained. If the owners of such devices are as motivated to maintain their alarm system (legal obligation, however), I know that will have surprises. Especially when the house will be at its 2 or 3 e owner.

I will therefore maintain my opinion.

The regularity of maintenance is difficult to obtain: who, for example, is obliged every Saturday morning to go around his house, check meters, take care of boxes and PMC. It's been 10 years that I tell myself that I'll do it .....
Any installation must be designed so that its owners can be:
distracted, careless, lazy, ignorant and stingy.

In the industry, it's different: we pay people to follow the facilities. (well ... we should)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
stef2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by stef2 » 15/07/09, 14:19

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

The difference in price between 10000 and 15000 liters is 800 euros so that's why we want to be certain to make the right choice.
But if in Belgium for 4 people you say that 7000l is what is most often posed with a 10000 liters is largely good ...

Finally, if other people can still share their experience ... We want to make the right choice now, because once asked we can not change the tank ......

Thank you in advance
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/07/09, 15:57

I also started my project of recovery of the rainwater for domestic use ... Very badly apparently ... I bought a tank of 5000litres to bury in polypropilene ... obviously I did not make the good choice. ..Is that a cycling through a concrete tank annex filled with broken blocks could allow me to make my water less acid with a small bubbling in the main tank to avoid the water rust ... For the cycling I thought to use a small pump on solar panel that would turn all day .. Then a filtration by cartridges and zou has the shower and other domestic water ... To drink ... Has never : Cheesy: Only one can in the ricard ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/07/09, 20:40

Macro wrote:... obviously I did not make the right choice ... Is cycling through a concrete vat filled with broken blocks could allow me to make my water less acidic

Actually not the right choice, especially for the cinder blocks
as for the rest ... why not.
The blocks are made with cement.When one takes concience
all the crap (tires, engine or other oils,
waste of all kinds, etc.) that enter the cement plants
It is avoided to dissolve blocks of concrete in the water that we count
use.Nothing for heavy metals is worth the trouble
the question.
It is preferable to use limestone like stone of France
or other local stones to neutralize the acidity of the water.
Last edited by Rabbit the 12 / 01 / 10, 18: 17, 2 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/07/09, 21:45

Stef 2 said:

The price difference between 10000 and 15000 liters is 800 euros

We hallucinate there! What is the base price? It is polyethylene at the price of gold ??? It is urgent to make a call for tender!
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 16/07/09, 00:09

Hi,

I immerse myself in your conversation, with some questions:

Why is polyethylene not good?
The acidity of rainwater is very low, does it not fade itself without doing anything?
Can you give us some figures of your project?

I do not think that the rainwater is more polluted for the drink than the water that has traveled Km in network, chlorinated to death, plus nitrates, E. coli, hormones ...

Properly filtered I do not see the problem (a filter must be maintained, Ok elephant I agree).
A si ...., it's forbidden by law:
Order of 21 August 2008 relating to the recovery of rainwater
and for their use inside and outside buildings

http://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/ARR ... 8-2008.pdf
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 16/07/09, 08:33

No it is not forbidden. However, the use is regulated. Forbidden in some cases especially professional, for the average Beijing, like us, we can do it.
Rainwater can be used for household purposes, for flushing toilets, for watering the garden, for washing vehicles, and for experimental purposes (the ecologists we are patented experimenters) for washing machines.

However, the rainwater network must be separated from the conventional grid. No mixing of waters should take place.
So if you water your garden, use the water to flush toilet or wash your clothes with, not to mix water, you can put a float system (as in the toilet tank) to maintain a minimum level of the rainwater tank that gets filled with tap water. At least so you ensure the separation of water networks by maintaining a minimum level to your tank.

With a basic biological treatment, we can also use gray water, ie outlets showers, sinks, washing machines and sink. To reserve for the washing of vehicle or watering of a garden.

We can thus have a maximum use of water:

Rainwater -> filtration -> storage -> use (washing machines) -> biological treatment -> watering / washing floors and vehicles

But this requires a second tank and an intermediate treatment.

For cement, the waters of some cities - like Marseille - travel tens of kilometers in concrete canals. As the use of rainwater is non-food, the use of concrete for the tank does not seem to me embarrassing. However, as much prefer the limestone to alkalize the water.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...