Parks and gardens of the CUS: zero pesticides in Strasbourg

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Parks and gardens of the CUS: zero pesticides in Strasbourg

by Christophe » 06/07/09, 13:35

The Urban Community of Strasbourg (CUS) has decided to no longer use pesticides for the maintenance of its parks and gardens (and roads) in order, among other things, to preserve the Alsatian water table.

I would remind you that individuals and communities are responsible for 30% of the pesticides present in sewage water, which is far from negligible.

I know someone who, I believe, works in the parks and gardens planning department. I will ask him if he has more info and especially figures.

Now remains at:

a) convince individuals in Alsace to do the same
b) limit inputs for farmers (high corn production in Alsace)

Knowing the heads of pigs that can be Alsatians (and for good reason), I do not know if the a) will be easier to accomplish than the b) : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/07/09, 14:03

Pig, pig! No but !!!

PS: what is interesting is that they are doing an advertising campaign ...

Note that this is by far not the first community. Caen had made itself famous 10 or 15 years ago for its biological control (with breeding and distribution of ladybug larvae also to individuals - immense success). Lyon has been in organic management (I believe even certified) of its green spaces for two or three years ... Etc ... So it's almost already commonplace ...

And to qualify your "pig's head", around 10% of the Alsatian vineyard is cultivated organically!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/07/09, 14:14

Ah, I didn't know about Caen!

Who is the pig?

: Cheesy:

Anyway, they spoke about it to the France2 newscast today ... but it seems to me that they mixed up a bit: use of pesticides and not "golf style" mowing of parks and gardens!

So we can picnic in the tall grass of the place de haguenau do you think you did? : Cheesy:

Pfff and to say that I had to leave Strasbourg to find a job because I was "too green" at the time ... it looks like that has changed a lot in 8 years say so ... so much the better!
0 x
Did67

Re: CUS parks and gardens: zero pesticides in Strasbourg

by Did67 » 06/07/09, 14:34

Christophe wrote:Knowing the pig heads that Alsatians can be

It was you who launched this!

NB: There is a new municipality, of another color! Without playing politics, it plays.

There are lots of other projects: relaunching an organic market gardening belt, AMAP, etc.

Yes, it's moving!
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: CUS parks and gardens: zero pesticides in Strasbourg

by Christine » 06/07/09, 15:28

Did67 wrote:NB: There is a new municipality, of another color! Without playing politics, it plays.

Yes, but the previous ones also did for the city: they redid the Kleber place, redid the Kleber place, redid the Kléber place and redid the Kleber place ... : Mrgreen:

... not to mention the station square, Strasbourg residents will understand ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/07/09, 15:37

: Evil:

The cost of air conditioning at the station must be impressive in summer ... well, we have already talked about this at length: https://www.econologie.com/forums/gare-de-st ... t6797.html

edited by Christine
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/07/09, 17:13

tsss

The new station is very green: it looks like a big larva : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/07/09, 17:20

No it's a Hagiant ricot Hopla! : Mrgreen: