Lift pumped siphon

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Lift pumped siphon

by Christophe » 23/08/08, 15:33

We had talked about it in the subject on the hydraulic ram, here is more info on the technique of the lifting siphon:

0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 23/08/08, 15:55

Do not wonder why simple systems have not endured, you could become paranoid! :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/08, 20:49

0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

lifting siphon realization

by oli 80 » 03/01/09, 11:18

hello, it is true that this device looks as interesting as the hydraulic ram, but the problem is that it seems more difficult to carry out, I suppose that it is necessary a lot to make welds, to check the tightness, unlike the ram which one can realize starting from plumbing pieces what I find curious it is this valve with lever with counterweight, moreover the water which leaves from above is not under pressure but as I see this system does not require almost no maintenance, I believe that 'it was a certain lemichel who invented it I suppose that he lived in st pons calm, in the link I saw that an association seeks to restore and restart the siphon
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

siphon for disadvantaged country

by oli 80 » 15/01/09, 14:12

hello, i searched the net, but the only thing that we find on the siphon, is this forum with an article, which we also find like that on the net, cnum cnam I think, there is just a link in this forum elsewhere where we see a photo of the siphon, but I wonder if it is the only one in the whole world, so we see more theory and an article than the device itself, there are not many which were built, (two to three maxi) unlike the ram which still has a reputation for it nowadays, so if there are builders who are a little interested in this siphon, we could use it in countries developing, like the hydraulic ram or the pulser pump
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Lift trap

by JCV » 28/07/09, 01:50

Hello,

Below a sketch of a siphon lifter that could work simply, just solve the way
two valves must be closed or "replaced":

- valves A and B are open, closed C and D
The water flows by siphon from tank A to B
- in passing the tank D is filled

we close valves A and B then we open C and D
- water flows from tank D to tank C

then when the tank D is empty
- we start a cycle again

the maximum pumping height is 9 meters
the capacity of the tank D is limited by the volume of the
"siphoning" line

What are your ideas, opinions, observations to replace the valves?

0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

siphon lifting valves

by oli 80 » 28/07/09, 10:59

hello, I know that there are automatic, non-electronic taps, which open and close when a certain pressure is reached, it is spring system I think

another idea an internal mechanism in the tank D as soon as a certain level is reached in this tank, a float connected by means of rods, closes the valve A then opens C and D, the valve B remains with manual opening to initiate the siphon, at the beginning it will be necessary to fill the tube between the tank A and D, to prime the siphon the first time
0 x
JCV
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JCV » 28/07/09, 11:13

Hello Oli,

Thank you for your answer,

I also imagine a system by "flushing" like in the WC, but I do not know if it works with the valve A open?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

lifting siphon and ram

by oli 80 » 28/07/09, 11:36

the idea that you talked about on the subject of the fountain of heron, associating the system of the lifting siphon with the ram is an idea that I also had, the lifting siphon of the photo I speak, because there is a valve which is actuated by the force of the water then reopened by a counterweight lever, each time this valve C closes (a kind of water hammer) the pressure opens the non return valve D above
so I suppose that by putting an air bell above this non-return valve D fitted with a coil spring, we would manage to obtain pressure as on a hydraulic ram, but hey in our case we can speak of a "ram siphon" or a siphoning ram
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/07/09, 12:02

JCV said:

I also imagine a system by "flushing" like in the WC, but I do not know if it works with the valve A open?

Indeed, one can quite use the force of a float or a large piston to actuate a smaller piston. This kind of system can work with a very small drop. (1 to 2 meters)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be