Smart wattmeter on pc

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Smart wattmeter on pc

by the middle » 12/12/07, 08:25

Hello,
I would like to see the electrical consumption of the whole house, and that the result be indicated on Pc, with an analysis of the variations in consumption ...
It exists?
That's already what I found, but it's not enough.
The system would allow to see who are the energiesvores of my house.
Consumption indicator. electric to associate with the Pilotec range

Reference 49322
EAN 3542220493226
Price HT 115,32 Euro / piece

Technical characteristics Values ​​Product list
Supply voltage 230V + 10% / -15%
Rated frequency 50 Hz
Connection connection via a toroid
I max of measurement circuit 90 A
Accuracy class 5%
Pole type 1P + N
Operating current 0,2 to 90 A
Number of modules 3
Power consumption 10 VA
Protection index IP 20
I like the torus, even if it lacks a little precision (no electrical connection)
In fact, here, it's a simple 90 A wattmeter, with a toroid
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 09:14

For an energy diagnosis it is quite expensive as gear ... but pkoi not. I guess it's mounted in the electrical cabinet?

Pkoi is not enough? Do you have a link?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/12/07, 10:55

In fact, on my coffee table, I have a large clock, and it has become a landmark for me.
I would like the same thing, but for the INSTANT total power consumption of the house.
There should be a fairly large screen,
The principle is to see live what happens when I turn off a lamp, or an electric heater.
Because the current problem, people pay attention + -, and only see the concrete result 1 year later ... on the bill.
A large screen allows you to constantly follow what is happening.
Example, you take a look, and you see ... 450 watt; 10 minutes later, you see 1300 watt : Shock: ; there, you're going to tell yourself, hola, what happened? who consumes?
I believe that this kind of material does not exist ... yet it is a necessity.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 10:59

Uh I do not understand ... the wattmetre you are talking about that plugs into pc must be able to draw curves right?

You will have the overall trend of home consumption ... then you have to "look" (by deduction it should not be very complicated for a single house) which leads to peaks in consumption ...

No device will centralize a diagnosis taken by you automatically! On the other hand if you don't already have one PM230 wattmeter is very good for knowing the consumption and the energy cost of a device ... isolated.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/12/07, 11:16

Christophe wrote:Uh I do not understand ... the wattmetre you are talking about that plugs into pc must be able to draw curves right?

You will have the overall trend of home consumption ... then you have to "look" (by deduction it should not be very complicated for a single house) which leads to peaks in consumption ...

No device will centralize a diagnosis taken by you automatically! On the other hand if you don't already have one PM230 wattmeter is very good for knowing the consumption and the energy cost of a device ... isolated.

Ok, I actually want two things.
An indicator on the coffee table, like a digital clock, which indicates the instant consumption of the house.
And also see on the pc, consumption graphs.
But for me, it's the instant digital indicator, on the coffee table, or on the wall that is most important.
Such an indicator would allow playing to consume less.
You get bored one winter evening, you say to yourself ... well, I'm going to cut this battery charger, let's see how much I earn.
I have a small wattmeter like the ones you sell, I put it on my pc circuit, 2 months ago ... do you think I looked at this thing once? Never ... it's small , it's on the ground ...
I am trying to make you understand the purpose of a visible global power meter.
It must be simple, like the model I indicated, but with a larger display, and wireless
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/12/07, 11:18

Here is the photo of the thing
http://catalogue.flash.fr/default?ni=12 ... &pr=101629
But I can't see this thing on my living room table ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 11:25

Well that's what I thought, it is intended to be installed in the electrical box ... Hager also makes one if I remember correctly.

Modern EdF meters also give instant power if I'm not mistaken ...

Now if this one is pluggable to a pc it means that you can have curves and therefore you can analyze "after" without having to constantly monitor the counter ... Otherwise if it's just to have the min / max and average, it has no interest to be able to connect it to a pc ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 11:33

lejustemilieu wrote:It must be simple, like the model I indicated, but with a larger display, and wireless

Ok I see your idea (lazy go!) ... I'm afraid you have to do the editing "by hand" :) Otherwise you have to ask EdF, they have this kind of equipment in their nuclear control room :D

Just divide by 1 million the unit of measure :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 11:37

ps: you can download the .pdf on this page http://catalogue.flash.fr/default?ni=12 ... &pr=101629 ?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/12/07, 11:43

Christophe wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:It must be simple, like the model I indicated, but with a larger display, and wireless

Ok I see your idea (lazy go!) ... I'm afraid you have to do the editing "by hand" :) Otherwise you have to ask EdF, they have this kind of equipment in their nuclear control room :D

Just divide by 1 million the unit of measure :D

You are absolutely right, I am lazy ... like many mortals on this planet :D
But imagine the dad, who watches TV, after a long day of work, from time to time, he takes a look at his big power meter, then he sees boom, 1000 watt more than usual ...
So there he can yell at his daughter, stop heating your room with the hair dryer !!!!! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
But also, he can see a forgotten lamp, a water pump that runs dry, an electric heater forgotten in the bathroom ...
Or ... a loss of power due to heavy rain ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."