A new thermal machine

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
edada
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

A new thermal machine

by edada » 25/11/23, 01:48

Hello, I had an idea which seemed too bright to me not to want to share it, and it seems likely to me that some thermodynamics enthusiasts frequenting this forum would be delighted to get their hands on it.

It is a closed circuit dithermic machine, which circulates a gas between two cylinders of different volumes, through two heat exchangers, one hot and one cold. A good illustration worth more than a long speech, an animation of the receiver cycle (heat pump):
schema.gif
schema.gif (150.73 KB) Viewed 551 times

For the speech, I tried to summarize it as best as possible here: https://dada-engine.org

Looking forward to reading you !
2 x
Remundo

Re: a new thermal machine

by Remundo » 25/11/23, 12:02

Hi friend

We are not far from a Stirling engine with a cross-flow regenerator.

In any case it is from the family of "hot air engines"
1 x
edada
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by edada » 25/11/23, 13:22

Hello Remundo,

Yes we could speak of a "hot air engine" although this expression is slightly outdated, but I have the intuition that this machine will bear fruit more easily with the receiver cycle than with the motor cycle.

I can't find any info on the Stirling cross-flow regenerator.
So far the machines I've heard of that are most similar to this one are the double-turn Stirling engine, and a cold generator from Philips that chatelot16 talks about in the last paragraph of this message: https://www.econologie.com/forums/consommer-moins-auto/stirling-pour-solaire-t15204.html#p318566 which I would like to see the description of.

I believe, without being able to provide proof, that the idea of ​​carrying out adiabatic phases in one cylinder while the other remains empty is perfectly new, and if I am not mistaken on this point, then this idea is free!
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/11/23, 14:09

Indeed, it is very similar to the Stirling in its Swedish submarine version.

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/defense/ ... nd-suedois
Attachments
IMG_20231125_140556.jpg
1 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/23, 14:15

Remundo wrote:Hi friend

We are not far from a Stirling engine with a cross-flow regenerator.

In any case it is from the family of "hot air engines"

For me it's a Stirling engine (there are several variants...Alpha, Beta and Gamma: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moteur_Stirling )...but that doesn't ruin the interest of the project since Stirlings are almost non-existent on the market!

Now we need to make a functional prototype to have concrete figures...
1 x
edada
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by edada » 25/11/23, 15:15

plasmanu wrote:Indeed, it is very similar to the Stirling in its Swedish submarine version.
Visually, it seems to me that the Saab Mk3 is equipped with a pair of Stirling Betas, I saw a clue here: https://www.saab.com/newsroom/stories/2015/march/the-secret-to-the-worlds-most-silent-submarine

Christophe wrote:For me it's a Stirling engine (there are several variants...Alpha, Beta and Gamma: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moteur_Stirling )
So it would be a Stirling Delta?
On all the Stirling engines that I have seen in detail, the heat exchanges take place at the level of the cylinders, this is a fundamental difference with my machine.

Christophe wrote:Now we need to make a functional prototype to have concrete figures...
Perfectly! But you would also need to have concrete figures to start designing a prototype... (and time, and money, I don't have any of that)
And I won't be able to do it alone, that's the main reason that pushed me to share freely, and to present this machine on a wiki.
In this regard, if you know any physics/engineering sciences/thermodynamics teachers who are looking for topics to submit to their students, share!
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A new thermal machine

by plasmanu » 25/11/23, 16:47

This is a good approach.
From what I know to have a small model.
This is because once it falls to the ground, it is very difficult to find the perfect alignments to make it work with a small thermal delta. And the waterproofing is almost non-existent in my case. But it's pretty

IMG_20231125_164200.jpg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/23, 19:06

I had exactly the same Manu...it melted on my wood stove after a few minutes!! : Shock: :(
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/11/23, 19:48

My problem is the internal mass which has lost its center, a weird piece of foam. You would have to make a perfect hole with a precision drill press. A spacer right to the size of the hole and the axle and put it all back together. In short, a new one is simpler but with dust: neither seen nor known
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/23, 19:58

Damn In China!
0 x