Towards a sustainable e-commerce? Your opinion for a training!

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
winget
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Towards a sustainable e-commerce? Your opinion for a training!

by winget » 27/02/22, 10:55

Hello everyone !

I would like to share with you a point that particularly touches me since I joined a business school :)

I had never wondered about the ecological impact of e-commerce, and looking more closely, I could see that many studies that have been carried out on this subject show that more than 62% of consumers declare that environmental concerns were influencing their purchasing decisions. Also, these consumers preferred to buy products that were better for the environment and even if they were more expensive. After having passed the tage mage contest with aurlom I started to become more and more aware of my ecological footprint, especially since my career wish would be to create a...sustainable e-commerce?

Ok, it sounds simple, but how can you really succeed in making a compromise between environmental approach and e-commerce? What strategy should I adopt to feel responsible and profitable? The questions jumped in my head and I wondered if I could find (outside studies) interesting training or coaching on this new approach? Does the CPF finance this type of course?

Thanks for your opinion and advice !
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Towards a sustainable e-commerce? Your opinion for a training!

by Obamot » 27/02/22, 11:22

Welcome!

You should suggest to your teacher. to make it a “course work”, so it would be cool, we could do the job for you? ( : Mrgreen: )

Nah but I'm kidding, it's already good that you ask yourself the question : Wink:

HERE a “package” of answers: https://international.post.ch/fr/blog/e ... ecologique

Already, it is much more “green” to have it delivered by post than to take your car to go yourself for a journey that will only be used exclusively to fetch a memory card that weighs only 1 or 2 grams. ..
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/02/22, 14:27

Above all, that now, with Ali, you have combined deliveries... yesterday I received 3 things at the same time, much less than 10€ the total...

It's more the price of transport that is maddening, so inexpensive... but if you take your car to pick it up... What you have to accept is to have an extra week for the delivery ... to optimize routes.
2 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
winget
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by winget » 04/03/22, 10:00

Obamot wrote:Welcome!

You should suggest to your teacher. to make it a “course work”, so it would be cool, we could do the job for you? ( : Mrgreen: )

Nah but I'm kidding, it's already good that you ask yourself the question : Wink:

HERE a “package” of answers: https://international.post.ch/fr/blog/e ... ecologique

Already, it is much more “green” to have it delivered by post than to take your car to go yourself for a journey that will only be used exclusively to fetch a memory card that weighs only 1 or 2 grams. ..

Thank you very much for your advice :) I'll find out right now...I'll let you talk to my teachers : Cheesy:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/03/22, 22:37

winget wrote:...I have seen that many studies that have been carried out on this subject show that more than 62% of consumers declare that environmental concerns influence their purchasing decisions. Also, these consumers preferred to buy better products for the environment and even if they were more expensive....

Hmm ...
When we see the success of the Chinese in e-commerce, we can say that between the good intentions declared in the polls and the reality there is a chasm. I also sometimes answer polls based on what I want them to be concluded, rather than basically (it's fair game, after all polls are often done to then manipulate us according to information that has been extracted from us).

All human activities have an environmental impact, there is nothing abnormal about that. Reducing the impact is a laudable concern, but hoping that a significant share of buyers would pay more for it, I have serious doubts, will remain marginal.
On the other hand, paying more for better is possible. Products in short circuits and producers who sell food products directly, it works, because not only is it not more expensive or not much more expensive, but it is better.

This additional cost of reducing the ecological footprint, which the consumer will have to pay, should also be associated with better quality products. Besides, the association could create training by the reflex of saying that by buying "with little environmental impact", we will have better.

The trader seems to me to forget more and more one of his roles: he is the supposed competent intermediary to choose the products he sells to his customers. A good trader does not sell junk. I expect the same thing from an e-commerce before any environmental concern, because a piece of junk produced or transported with a whole protocol that respects the environment, but which will have to be returned and exchanged, or which will end up in the trash, It's worse. Quality contributes to reducing the environmental impact.

Finally, if we talk about e-commerce in the sense of Amazon, where it is generally not Amazon that sells directly but its merchants, Amazon is ultimately a merchant of merchants. It displays its merchants, who display their products. As with products, we should expect from an e-commerce like Amazon, the same quality of its merchants who are ultimately its products, so that it selects them for their qualities, i.e. their skills on products they choose and sell, and the quality that will reduce the impact.

I would surely have gone bankrupt in the trade, and my point of view is undoubtedly utopian but it is mine : Lol: .
0 x