Peugeot PSA: hybrid diesel thanks to our taxes ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Peugeot PSA: hybrid diesel thanks to our taxes ...

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 07:27

Hey Hop 101 Million euros subsidy to help PSA to develop a hybrid diesel engine.

Sorry but I find this quite shameful considering the benefits made by the car manufacturers ... the French lobbying has paid off again ...

Ok it is for the "good cause" but not only the individual hybrid car even remains the symbol of our society of overconsumption (of energy) but also this money would have been much more efficient used elsewhere (for example: theAND M!) especially since PSA had this amount since it makes large profits each year ...

Anyway ... we know the song: the money for the rich ...

After months of the European Commission blocking French government subsidies to fund research into diesel-hybrids, PSA Peugeot Citroen is shifting its focus from mass-market hybrid diesels to diesel-hybrids made for high-end premium vehicles according to reports in the French media.

While vehicles such as the Toyota Prius and the Honda Insight focus on mass-production vehicles that are affordable to a large market, PSA Peugeot Citroen's move makes sense as small cars are already quite efficient with stand alone diesel engines while heavier premium vehicles still rely on powerful petrol engines to provide performance. Because of this shift in focus, delays to the release of hybrid-diesels from the manufacturer are likely. Previously PSA was working with automotive technology companies such as Continental and Bosch on a hybrid-diesel that would have been placed in the Peugeot 308 for a 2010 release but this deadline will no longer be met. To show it was serious about this technology, the company even produced a concept car based on its popular 308 model.

The project was supported significantly by the French government through its Agency for Industrial Innovation, which was poised to give PSA € 101m, however the European Commission blocked the subsidy over competition concerns. Including the subsidy, the entire project was going to be worth around € 527m, or US $ 838m. The block from the European commission has been hampering progress for the past 18 months, and because of this PSA will develop hybrids independently with an aim to release the new platform to the market by around 2011.

For consumers this will mean a greater variety when choosing premium vehicles that are environmentally friendly, and the combination of a diesel and electric engine should prove to be more economical than a petroleum equivalent. In todays climate where nearly every manufacturer is jumping aboard the hybrid bandwagon, a 2011 release may not be soon enough for PSA to establish a dominant market, especially in the mid-premium sector, which will see competition from Toyota, Honda, and perhaps even GM.

Source: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/news ... brid-cars/
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 02 / 08, 08: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 08:24

I forgot, you think that PSA will make a discount on the sale price in the same proportion as the subsidies received?

We can always dream...

Personally, I call such a subsidy the abuse of social assets ... but hey ... there is worse like "embezzlement" ... : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 08:48

Last thing after I let you react: the state only seems in "bankruptcy" for small citizens ... go hop work more to make them earn more! : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Peugeot PSA: hybrid diesel thanks to our taxes ...

by bham » 22/02/08, 09:19

Christophe wrote:Anyway ... we know the song: the money for the rich ...

Say, Chris, wouldn't you be like John 63 sometimes? :D
Good on the news, it is obviously lamentable that a State subsidizes a flourishing private enterprise. Whether the subsidies are given in the form of loans, or whatever, it is just nonsense; it's like the public money distributed in Mittal for the Gandrange steelworks (see the share price, it's interesting).
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 22/02/08, 09:28

Christophe wrote:Hey Hop 101 Million euros subsidy to help PSA to develop a hybrid diesel engine.

Info questionable or incomplete, because the PSA hybrid diesel engine has been running for 2 years ... the current work is essentially reliability and anti-pollution cold (because of the frequent restarts / rapid ramp-up which is quite easy to manage with petrol but much less with diesel), also reducing mass production costs and extending it to a range of engines ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/02/08, 10:40

bham wrote:
Christophe wrote:Anyway ... we know the song: the money for the rich ...

Say, Chris, wouldn't you be like John 63 sometimes? :D
Good on the news, it is obviously lamentable that a State subsidizes a flourishing private enterprise. Whether the subsidies are given in the form of loans, or whatever, it is just nonsense; it's like the public money distributed in Mittal for the Gandrange steelworks (see the share price, it's interesting).

YES, Christophe is in the process of "turning" to the anti-rich. I noticed that : Lol:

it's like the public money distributed in Mittal for the Gandrange steelworks

For Gandrange, Sarko wants to save the 600 jobs, but Mittal is not French and he has nothing to say about Sarko's subsidies.

He wants to be independent and set up his factories where he wants without owing anything to anyone.

For Peugeot, it's different: a French company (still) ... although ... there are Hedges Funds, sovereign funds (Emirates, etc.) which buy the shares of our French companies and one day .. hop, it's like Arcelor, they are no longer French. So: Peugeot blackmailed the French State to develop its hybrids "if you want us to remain French, give us some money to develop these vehicles" .. and that's the job. Sarko is caught up in his own contradictions and liberalism comes with it.

The height: in England, the state will nationalize the Northern Rock bank ... incredible but true ... following the catamaran of the subprimes. The world upside down in a country where unbridled liberalism is advocated: no constraints, no state interventionism, we must let the market do its job. : Shock:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/02/08, 10:42

Uh, I don't understand:
I heard just the opposite yesterday on the radio, and I seem to see the same thing in the news:

The block from the European commission has been hammering progress for the past 18 months, and because of this PSA will develop hybrids independently with an aim to release the new platform to the market by around 2011.

Subsidies have to been granted.
And therefore the cost price is higher, PSA says that the diesel hybrid will be reserved for the high end.

Or did I forget a detail?
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/02/08, 10:48

Chatham wrote:
Christophe wrote:Hey Hop 101 Million euros subsidy to help PSA to develop a hybrid diesel engine.

Info subject to caution or incomplete, because the PSA diesel hybrid engine has been running for 2 years ... the current work is mainly reliability and cold anti-pollution (because of the frequent restarts / rapid ramp-up, which is fairly easy to manage with petrol but much less with diesel), also the reduction in mass production costs and the extension to a range of engines. .

A diesel hybrid, I am not for it because there is always the problem of very fine particles very dangerous for health (even with the FAP, they pass through).

And if that was a bad good lead: a diesel engine must run "hot" (that's the rule of thumb I think).

By cons there is a TOYOTA Prius LPG (the only drawback is the LPG tank, but it can be less bulky because hybrid), and there the pollution on the ground is minimal (no particles, no benzene, little NOx ).

This car exists, I had found it on a website .; I look for.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 10:55

bham wrote:Say, Chris, wouldn't you be like John 63 sometimes? :D

There is nothing leftist as a remark I should not have said rich but "big industrialists" and I am moreover with what you just added ...

It is NOT NORMAL that a STATE IN BEING SAID BANKRUPTCY HELPING COMPANIES which make large profit... especially as Chatam says that the technology in question is especially not innovative and not really complex ...

Imagine these 100 Millions in the development of microalgae or thermal energy of the seas? This is what revolts me ... jerk off to continue well and extend our "system" of values ​​...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/02/08, 10:56

indy49 wrote:Subsidies have to been granted.

Ben blocked for 18 months by Europe according to the English article ... but recently granted ...

For the high end it looks like kid blackmail (you do not give us then it is the customers who drink ... lamentable) it is really a ridiculous excuse that proves once again collusion with their friends from Total and the government...
0 x