Renault discovers econology? Signature Eco2

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Renault discovers econology? Signature Eco2

by Christophe » 07/05/07, 16:15

Renault: launches 'Renault eco²', its ecological signature.

(Cercle Finance) - Renault announced on Monday the launch of 'Renault eco²', a signature informing its customers about its commitment to offer eco-friendly and affordable vehicles.

From an environmental standpoint, a 'Renault eco²' vehicle will meet three criteria with a global dimension: it is manufactured in an ISO 14001 certified factory, its CO2 emissions are less than 140 g / km or it is compatible with biofuels, and in addition to being recoverable at 95% at end of life, at least 5% of the plastics it contains come from recycling.

'When it was launched, the signature applied to the Renault brand. Environmental protection being a global challenge for the company, it will then be deployed in all regions of the world. 'specifies the group.

Source:

code: Select all

http://www.cerclefinance.com/default.asp?pub=valactu&localcode=&isin=FR0000131906&art=169270
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/05/07, 21:15

: Evil: It is a blabla for financiers and stock market investors (to give them a good conscience). : Evil:

The real interest for the planet is negligible ... : Cry:

The interest for the consumer is VOID !!! : Evil:

Renault better relaunch the manufacturing and marketing of the highly confidential Kangoo ER or equivalent vehicles ... :?

I'm not talking about the boring parallel hybrid vehicle projects like Toyota Prius ... : Evil:

Real eco-friendly vehicle, Renault knows how to do it (Toyota also with the RAV4 EV) but we don't want to!
: Evil:
0 x
Fakir
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Fakir » 08/05/07, 15:20

Not seeing the stock market plot in all the ads ...
It's just marketing !!!
Just like bioethanol.
It reduces the feeling of guilt of the average citizen but it will not save the planet : Evil:
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 08/05/07, 15:36

I agree with you Fakir, having eco2 cars is very good, the problem is that people are going to be happy that Renaud is here, but in practice, will buy 4x4s and Spaces that are actually not eco2 at all.

So the interest will be very limited, on the other hand, we will hardly be able to hold it against Renaud. Who redores his coat of arms with that but ultimately goes to sell non eco2 vehicles, it is also the fault of the consumer.
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 09/05/07, 13:26

renaud bought a eco2 car in renault? :)

Good I go out !!! ;)

SixK
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/07/07, 18:24

Not bad the "pub":

Too bad that the "product" is the model of anti-respect for the environment par excellence ...
0 x
zigzag
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zigzag » 24/07/07, 17:20

This eco2 ad is the hospital that doesn't give a damn about charity. Frankly it's not serious .....

They make dal on the subject and after that we come out ...
You just have to say it to be :) it was however so simple, we hadn't thought about it !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/07/07, 17:44

I'm sweating!
: Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/07, 10:14

Here is the content of a Renault advertising folder about Eco²:

The eco² concerns 3 stages of the life cycle of a vehicle: manufacturing, use and recycling.

Details to be "certified" Eco²:

a) Manufacturing:

- ISO 14001 certification for more than 90% of the 39 Renault production sites worldwide
- Since 1996: reduction of (I think it's by vehicle and not in absolute terms):
- 25% of its energy consumption
- 57% of its water consumption
- 65% of production waste
- 38% of VOCs
- 44% of its releases of toxic materials into the aquatic environment *
- 14001 certification in progress for the other sites of the group (Russia and Morocco)

* we may be surprised that this reduction is not 100% ... after that depends what we mean by "toxic".

I remind you that at the gray energy level, for an average car it is roughly the equivalent of 30 km of fuel consumption of the vehicle. In other words: a new car has already "consumed" the equivalent of 000 km of fuel in the energy necessary for its manufacture.

b) Use:

CO2 emission lower than 140g / km or operation with E85 or B30 (30% diester in diesel). This corresponds to a consumption of 5,3L in diesel and 5,9L in petrol.

According to the doc, the CO2 gain can reach 70% with ethanol (no agreement, this IFP doc gives 60% in the case of pure ethanol which is not the case for E85 at © emptying: https://www.econologie.com/valorisation- ... -2985.html )

c) Recycling:

- 95% recoverable vehicle at end of life
- includes at least 5% recycled plastic

Examples: the Clio contains 20kg (10%) of recycled plastic and the twingo 15kg (9%). Target: 50 kg in 2015.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 17/11/07, 11:41

I remind you that at the level [i] of gray energy, for an average car this is roughly the equivalent of 30 km of vehicle fuel consumption. In other words: a new car has already "consumed" the equivalent of 000 km of fuel in the energy required for its manufacture [/ i]

Where did you get this info?
Gray energy: does that mean studies, design, tests, crash-test + manufacturing?
I suppose that it corresponds to the production of a vehicle and that it decreases with each vehicle produced, but if it is for each vehicle leaving the factory whatever the number produced, it is enormous ......

So: pushing new cars to consume is not environmentally friendly unless they are driven for a very long time.

I would like to have statistics of average life (in mileage) of vehicles less than 5 years, less than 10 years .... by category and engine. You wouldn't have that somewhere?

Well, I saw an ad for the new Mazda 2 which looks pretty good (weight loss: weighs less than a ton and emits 129 g of CO2 / km)). It looks better than the Renault eco2: what is it? Twingo?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).