Alphonse, the already cult series crucified by the Press cancel culture woke!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Alphonse, the already cult series crucified by the Press cancel culture woke!

by Christophe » 01/12/23, 12:53

I just finished Alphonse, an excellent French series on a taboo subject: female pleasure!

And obviously this didn't really please the Cancel Culture Woke kommandantur...We are in a woke media dictatorship.

Marianne denounces the situation:

“Alphonse” by Nicolas Bedos murdered in the press: a media trial under the guise of TV criticism?

We watched “Alphonse”, a new series by Nicolas Bedos obviously (and almost mechanically) crushed in the press by the promoters of “cancel culture”. When media justice takes precedence over criticism of the work, it is in truth the credibility of the press that takes a blow in the nose...

We have rarely seen such relentlessness from the press against a TV series. Since the launch of his series Alphonse on Amazon Prime, it's been a festival. Nicolas Bedos is entitled to the grand slam of sulphate articles, massacring the filmmaker's first foray into the TV series register. It's quite simple, not a single critic dares to say anything good (even a little...) about the series from the author-director of the excellent Masquerade, La Belle Époque and Monsieur et Madame Adelman. Nothing. Nada. Media carnage. When it was released, even Inspector Derrick probably received a better reception. This shows the level of failure announced for this series which nevertheless has a dream cast: Jean Dujardin, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Pierre Arditi, Nicole Garcia, and so on.

Alerted by this smell of blood dripping from the pages of newspapers usually more moderate in their culture sections, we watched the series to find out for sure. After all, according to Arnaud Sagnard of L'Obs – whose mastery of the vocabulary of the woke student in the first year of sociology is praised – this “uncomfortable” mischief, provoking “embarrassment”, a real “admission of misogyny”, obviously deserved this unanimous purge. So let's see... The pitch is as follows: Alphonse (Jean Dujardin), a forty-year-old in full professional and marital disinheritance, no longer sees the end of the tunnel. His wife (Charlotte Gainsbourg) no longer looks at him. Alphonse loses confidence in himself and sinks more and more. It was then that his father, to whom he no longer spoke (Pierre Arditi), suffered a health problem. Reconnecting with the man he thought was a selfish bastard multiplying female conquests without the slightest feeling, Alphonse learns that his father is in fact a sex worker, a prostitute. But the old “gigolo”, now stuck in a wheelchair, is no longer able to earn a living. Alphonse, on the verge of ruin, has no choice: he agrees to replace him...

https://www.marianne.net/culture/televi ... tique-tele

Press reviews are not even accessible on Allociné: https://www.allocine.fr/series/ficheser ... critiques/
Spectators give it 4.2/5, an excellent rating...

Personally, it's just the ending that I found not great...(or did I not understand the message?)...

Example of a review at Woke Inter:

0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Alphonse, the already cult series crucified by the Press cancel woke culture!

by plasmanu » 01/12/23, 13:00

Who dictates the opinions?

For example:

Télé-Loisirs (also typed Télé Loisirs on the old logo) is a weekly French television magazine created in 1986. It belongs to the Prisma Media group, which also publishes Télé 2 vins and TV Grandes Chaînes. Since the end of 2020, Télé Loisirs has been under the control of Vincent Bolloré.
https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A9 ... llor%C3%A9.

And Vincent is a world champion
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

Re: Alphonse, the already cult series crucified by the Press cancel woke culture!

by Christophe » 01/12/23, 13:02

CNews is also Bolloré, yet it is the only channel that does anti-woke journalism in my opinion...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 01/12/23, 13:12

I won't comment on that. It's banned here on cnews.
My father looks at it and votes for Zemmour. My mother Marine.
He thinks he's god and she hates him. It's a bit complicated to manage
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 07/12/23, 04:03

Christophe wrote:CNews is also Bolloré, yet it is the only channel that does journalism anti woke in my opinion...
1 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."