What energy to propel the car of tomorrow? IFP

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

End of the controversy

by pb2488 » 25/10/09, 23:28

https://www.econologie.com/voiture-a-1l-aux-100km-telechargement-4142.html
Christophe wrote:It is you who does not understand the real meaning of the words of jancovici, your excessive pride, your immaturity and your idealism have something to do with it. Personally, I don't need to copy / paste to be credible ...(....)
I think that either you have problems of comprehension in French language or you seek me expressly for I do not know what reason. (....)

All these statements having nevertheless somewhat "challenged" me on my interpretation of the video, I allowed myself to seek advice from someone who has mastered the subject a little bit.
Fearing a censorship of my opinions, I prefer to share with you his through our email exchange.
So here was my question:
Hello,
Following a debate, I have a question about the show "tonight or never":
During your intervention on the "2CV of modern times" which would make 1 L / 100km, you mean that it is not developing because there is no (for the moment) demand from consumers who goes in this direction since the consumer pays less and less for his energy (even if he does not realize it).
It is not a question of bad will or bad strategic choice on the part of industrialists, nor of lobbying of the oil companies. These cars will hit the market when there is sufficient demand potential, when the price of energy has risen enough.
Correct me if im wrong.
Thank you in advance
Sincerely,

His response was quick. Perhaps, too, it will seem too proud, immature or idealistic in the eyes of some but I am hopeful that his opinion will light up the lantern of some and cut short this low controversy mixed with misunderstanding, ideas preconceived ideas and insults:
Hello
You understood everything ! Statistics show that, by and large, the consumer always spends all of his available budget, roughly what he earns minus his net savings (which can consist of loan repayments). As a result, the lower the price of the items, the more the consumer buys them, and that also goes with the price of energy. It is a behavior that ignores borders ...

the solution to the problem is therefore of biblical simplicity: raising the price of energy. This point of view is developed in www.manicore.com/documentation/articles/pleinSVP.html

Sincerely

Jean-Marc Jancovici

Indeed, as noted above: These words are genius (rare are those who manage to perceive it) because everything is said in a few sentences (see the video in question).
On occasion, I will still have to correct this conclusion, I am not sure it is appropriate:
Christophe wrote:If it was a simple marketing problem that Janco mentioned, I would not have relayed this video ...

..... everything else speaks for itself (or, ultimately, apologies), .... even if it borders on ridicule or even patheticism. Frightening obscurantism ...
End of the controversy.
Cdlt,
PS: Thank you to those who will read this message, to memorize it well, I am not sure of its survival (although to do without the advice of Jancovici on such forum would be heresy !!!).
For those who still have some questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact him !!! In general, it responds fairly quickly.
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:
The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/09, 09:08

End of the controversy: so I have a broader vision than that of Janco ...And pan in the teeth! : Cheesy:

Good without laughing: what you do not understand in your little head of limited is that consumer demand depends on its purchasing power vis-à-vis energies and that is ALL has made the thesis of Janco for years! !! And that's not marketing, it's macro economy !!

Move along, there's nothing to see...

ps: for your info and your various lawsuits of intent (pkoi I would censor your last post ??? are you stupid or what ???), I read the Full SVP (maybe before you) and we sell it even on our small shop at 6.5 euros https://www.econologie.com/shop/le-plein ... p-180.html

We were talking about it in 2006 https://www.econologie.com/forums/lisez-le-p ... t2209.html
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 10 / 09, 09: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/10/09, 09:12

: Arrow: Hey pb2488, in what honor we would not have the right not to share all of Janco's points of view.

His approach is global and advocates solutions that are not to promote the quality of life but rather to tax and financially constrain populations ...

So forum, our approach is oriented on thoughtful actions where common sense must prevail over the constraint which leads to the worst excesses ...

Here we reflect and act to reduce our waste, improve our efficiency by preserving and optimizing the essentials, our quality of life.

Yes, we do not yet represent the majority of the population that feeds on the breast of TF1, but many are working in the same direction as us by isolating their homes, traveling by bike, VAE or 2 wheels at instead of taking their car, many people are deserting supermarkets for other modes of consumption.

You’re wrong if you think your interventions are going to be censored.
Your way of seeing through Janco's eyes sheds light on the way his message (useful moreover) is perceived ...

Myself, and a few others, have recognized to the son exchanges and years spent on this forum to have deeply evolved.
I hope it is the same for you. After this stage, your enthusiasm and your activism will be an additional force for the supporters of common sense.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/09, 09:17

citro wrote:: arrow: Say so pb2488, in what honor we would not have the right not to share all of Janco's points of view.

But precisely in this case, I share them !! What is more serious is the hints of pb towards my words ...

Pb refuses to understand the problem just to conflict with my words (I don't know the exact reason ...) and even when Jancovici himself tells him that it is a problem of POWER purchasing power and therefore of Macro Economy (which I have been saying from the start) and not of pure and simple Marketing, he refuses to admit that I I could have been "right" ...

I do not believe I have cited the thesis of industrial lobbies in this subject ...You are really pathetic my poor PB trying to discredit us in this way ... You can always try to continue you will not succeed ... : Cheesy:

The worst is that you resume my thesis in your email to Janco:

Christophe wrote:It is not a question of CONSUMER DEMAND, but a question of WEALTH of the latter! When oil is at $ 300 then very economical micro cars will come out of the big manufacturers ... they already have them in their boxes !!

pb a janco wrote:"These cars will hit the market when there is sufficient demand potential, when the price of energy has risen sufficiently."

To say next (on this forum) that I tell anything?

No but !!! In the genre (very) inflated, I ask PB ... : Evil: : Evil: Bravo PB you just made a fool of yourself !! : Shock:

ps: we are still very good compared to the title of the subject, now I would like to know what Janco thinks of the repayment linked to the CEC ... Ah IMHO, he is largely against (just like us).

But better to be in public ... so as not to commit political suicide! : Mrgreen:
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 26/10/09, 19:31

Are you looking to muddle the debate or play on words (marketing / macroeconomics)?
Do not reverse the words !! Have you only read my messages or re-read the whole subject?
(already, at no time, do I use the word marketing or macroeconomics first ...)

Christophe wrote:Good without laughing: what you don't understand in your little stubborn head is that consumer demand depends on its purchasing power vis-à-vis energies and that is ALL Janco's thesis has been doing for years !!! And that's not marketing, it's macro economy !!

You constantly accuse me of not understanding the meaning of your words or those of JM Jancovici that you think you have understood better when he himself said to me:
Jancovici wrote:You understood everything !

Because, the relation to the price of energy decreasing with (non) demand was the argument of my first post (before you, by the way):
pb2488 wrote:If there was a "demand", it would be a while since "eco-cars" would have taken over the market. (....) Unfortunately, for a long time, driving at 130 km / h over 900km (and recharging in 2min) with the air conditioning, 5 passengers, costs less and less ... not easy to reverse the trend .

While on your side, you were telling me about a lobbies problem despite a so-called existing demand:
Christophe wrote:I mean that the oil companies have the power of technological decisions and that considering their colossal financial means the competitors are rare ...

Christophe wrote:It's funny but I "know" at least a few million French and Belgian people who would be interested in a downsized car (thermal or electric is not the subject) making 20 hp and consuming 1L / 100 (or a few kWh) at 2 or 3 places and sold between 5 and 10 € ...

To tell me after:
Christophe wrote:I do not believe I have cited the thesis of industrial lobbies in this subject ...

Short memory .... by the way, you even added a layer before:
Christophe wrote:they have the oil tankers, who have the power, in their pocket

In the genre "I'm not talking about lobbies", it's rather contradictory if not laughable ....

And you still have the nerve to tell me that I take up your thesis (which is in fact neither yours nor mine but that of Janco) in my mail to Janco ?????
while again, before you even mention it, I post:
pb2488 wrote:If there was a "demand", it would be a while since "eco-cars" would have taken over the market.

Reread the thread of the post a little while following the chronology, you get lost or even sink ...

Afterwards, in response to CITRO, all this absolutely does not mean that we have the right not to share all of Janco's points of view. Not at all. It just means that you have to be careful not to distort or misinterpret someone's words (which confirmed my good understanding. At the same time, there was not really any ambiguity possible, he must have found my question strange but at least that made it clear).
In short, Jancovici explains:
"There is no 2L / 1 100CV on the market because there is no demand from consumers who are still too 'rich' in relation to the price of energy and who have the means to 'buy cars that run at 150km / h "
he says that and nothing else. point. That is why it is an economic problem and not technical, neither obscure, nor political or industrial ill will. Afterwards, we have the right to disagree. I, in this case, agree. Christophe apparently also, if he understood correctly (note, he revised his copy a bit during the debate) .....
Cdlt
Last edited by pb2488 the 26 / 10 / 09, 21: 26, 3 edited once.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/09, 20:10

As you are "a little" curious, I reiterate my remark ... as usual you "shunt" the things that bother you the most ...

Christophe wrote:The worst is that you resume my thesis in your email to Janco:

Christophe wrote:It is not a question of CONSUMER DEMAND, but a question of WEALTH of the latter! When oil is at $ 300 then very economical micro cars will come out of the big manufacturers ... they already have them in their boxes !!

pb a janco wrote:"These cars will hit the market when there is sufficient demand potential, when the price of energy has risen sufficiently."

To say next (on this forum) that I tell anything?

No but !!! In the genre (very) inflated, I ask PB ... : Evil: : Evil: Bravo PB you just made a fool of yourself !! : Shock:

You're just tiring there ... but I reassure you: more people must read you here ... except me again ... : Cheesy:

I don't have a short memory: it is you who do not understand what we are saying ... and who, on the contrary, distorts the thoughts of others (mine in this case) to then pump them back ...

Do you like soufflés? : Mrgreen:

I'll summarize the situation in linguistic binary, it should help you: : Mrgreen:

You agree with Janco
I agree with Janco
So you agree with me
Do you agree?

0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 26/10/09, 20:23

I did not skip it, I even made a remark, I do not see how I could resume your thesis (which is neither yours nor mine but well that of Janco, it is for that he is in favor of carbon taxation) while I'm talking about it before you (read the subject again !!!).
But I’m not saying you’re telling anything, it’s you.
Anyway, so we both finally agree with Janco:
The oil companies do not have the technological decision-making power whereas you supported the opposite at the beginning, it is in fact a story of consumer demand as Janco says and as I say from the beginning, ... everything is said in a few sentences ....
I'm glad we agreed ....... We could have saved 3 to 4 pages of post if from my first argument of the subjects (we finally join this one) you had not contradicted me (but as the aut would say, this is the game my pov lollipop ;-)
Cdlt
Last edited by pb2488 the 30 / 10 / 09, 22: 59, 3 edited once.
0 x

Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/10/09, 21:57

Say guys, it's a dicey game in your tennis match ... :|

Pb, we didn't see you too much here and we were not doing badly for it, considering your "performance" this evening.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 27/10/09, 06:00

Hello

damn it, how many pages filled ... but where is the real connection with the title of the subject!

christophe wrote:Do you like soufflés?

I will answer that I like them but not knowing how to prepare them, I do not consume them ... but the question was not asked!

jeff
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 27/10/09, 07:23

coucou789456 wrote:Hello
damn it, how many pages filled ... but where is the real connection with the title of the subject!

All these pages (and more simply the first) explain why, at the moment on the market, there is not (or little) a car that consumes very little energy (petrol or other).
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."