False ceiling insulation: cellulose panels or wood?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Jamo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jamo » 09/09/09, 15:19

Christophe wrote:I backed up awards ceremony for wood wool insulation panels, the numbers are so amazing that I made it a subject! : Shock:

Bonjour Christophe
you can not make a wooden frame fixed by wooden shoes on the sides if concrete block wall, vapor barrier (see if necessary), blowing and facing?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/09, 15:21

Well I had thought about it but for a small thickness (10 cm); the blowing seems a little "heavy" to me, doesn't it?

What do you mean by facing exactly? The finishes (battening)?
0 x
Jamo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jamo » 09/09/09, 15:31

heavy no if you make a structure, I do not ask you to make a frame, and you dress it with ba13, what is a garage? a vehicle inside, watch out for insurance, product M0 (Fermacell as facing)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/09, 15:32

No no I'm talking about heaviness in the implementation: breathe in and make a waterproof ceiling so for only 10 cm of insulation it seems heavy (complicated).

The garage is above this ceiling (read the 1st message of the subject it is explained). It is an office / bedroom.
0 x
Jamo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jamo » 09/09/09, 15:45

Christophe wrote:No no I'm talking about heaviness in the implementation: breathe in and make a waterproof ceiling so for only 10 cm of insulation it seems heavy (complicated).

The garage is above this ceiling (read the 1st message of the subject it is explained). It is an office / bedroom.

it will be lighter than the Pavatex you got on the quote. Anyway, to fix any insulation, you will have to go get the hard one and not pierce the beams, I imagine there are concrete slabs above your facing that you have at the moment?
just a point of view, you see
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/09, 15:47

And why not pierce the knobs?

A few holes + dowels of 6 or 8 mm in diameter and 20mm in depth will not weaken them as long as that ... and is that for the dowels?
0 x
Jamo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jamo » 09/09/09, 16:03

Christophe wrote:And why not pierce the knobs?

A few holes + dowels 6 or 8 mm in diameter and 20 mm deep will not weaken them as long as they are

what do you know I saw the photos of your ceiling, you have to fix in the slabs.
I am doing the same in a garage with dense rock wool, fixing in the slabs with metal dowels (Wurth), if ever there is a fire, there is no risk for my RC since there is a car and a gas boiler, too expensive for the customer, a framework + ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/09, 13:46

I don't really see the relationship between fire, RC and RdM of the slabs but hey ...

Good solution: I will stick the wooden panels to the ceiling and finish with a support fixed to the walls (concrete blocks)! And basta! : Cheesy:
0 x
Jamo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jamo » 10/09/09, 18:09

Hello
here is what you need as an anchor to fix in your ceiling, to take the length it takes according to the thickness:
http://www.spit.fr/?Fiche-produit&acti_ ... chevillage
because your glue will not hold since the insulation is heavy.
good luck .
I will explain you another day for the RC etc ...
0 x