Need your advice: solar and heat pump

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/06/09, 15:33

alex276 wrote:Moreover, our boiler does not have a storage system for water, which last winter led to a large consumption of gas, because of the difficulties in heating the water at the exit of the taps (around 3 to 4 minutes of waiting for warm water).

I'm going to ask a stupid question, but are your hot water pipes insulated?
Otherwise, there is a way, for a rather insignificant amount compared to your budget, to limit your consumption of water and energy by isolating them with tubes of foam or tow ... if they are accessible :|
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 15:36

Targol wrote:To plant a little more the nail on the ecological advantage of the insulation on the change of boiler, it is necessary to take into account the gray energy of manufacture and the laying of the new and the recycling of the old one.

Ben is also the case ... for insulation ... and when we know the gray energy of some insulating materials...it makes you think!

Definition of gray energy?

The gray energy is the raw energy (primary) necessary for the life cycle of a product, ie the energy needed to extract, transform, distribute the product but also recycle when it reaches the end of life .

Gray energy concept applied to insulation

From a global point of view, the notion of gray energy for insulators is fundamental.
Indeed; as an insulator allows, it is its primary role, to save energy, so it is essential that the energy it has saved over its lifetime, is greater than its gray energy. If this is not the case, it is better not to use this insulation at all ...

When choosing and installing an insulating material you must:

- choose the type of insulation best suited to your situation (bulk, rolls, panels ...),
- follow the installation and installation instructions (humidity is a plague for mineral wool in rolls for example).

This will guarantee a lifetime and maximum efficiency.

Thus we can define a return point on investment calculated on the gray energy, just as we can calculate a point of financial return. Regarding the latter case, it varies between 5 and 15 years depending on the chosen insulation but especially on the difference in insulation quality before / after.

To get a more concrete idea of ​​what the following figures represent, you can use the following equivalence: 1L of oil = 10 kWh.
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 29/06/09, 15:37

your question is not stupid because actually some of the pipes had no insulation, problem that I have since resolved.

Find a solution to heat and store the water and not shoot a boiler to get painfully hot water with the passage overconsumption of water since we do not put the cap of the bath until the water is not at the desired temperature, add to that a wood stove and the change of windows I think we will slowly save some money. It remains to find a solar hot water solution at a reasonable price.

ALEX
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 15:40

Go see in brico discount. They have vacuum tube solar kits at 2000 - 2500 euros for 4 at 6 m².

If I had to install today, I'll take this kind of thing and I would say tintin to subsidies!

Although, maybe now they even install and so you could have the bonus? See also special operations of non discount ...
0 x
PROPAC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PROPAC » 01/07/09, 16:25

My GDF bill amounts to around 1500.00 euros per year for 2 adults and 2 children (less than 3 years).

there are PAC installations that are ecological contrary to what Christophe tell you. With a correct installation of walls and ceiling heating you can decrease this invoice to less than 200 euros / years (2000kw.h).

On the other hand, if you keep your radiators, the heat pumps are pretty bad on the high temperature so solution to put in the trash.

I agree with the others about the insulation: it is useless to find a heating solution as well as it is if you did not first isolated all this bazard. : Cry:

For christophe

c) the advertised COP is always the best, under laboratory conditions. We never see the term COPA (annualized COP!) Which is what really matters to the user!

d) we never talk about the lifetime of an installation and its maintenance costs (few compressor running 10 h per day exceed 10 years of service life!)

stop making generalities on the PAC based on the big builders as in all the trades are big who hack and who rip and other honest boxes .... it is not on the technology that must be taped but on dishonest people who use it to sell you sea.
I will still redirect you to http://www.innovert.eu/cop-pompe-a-chaleur-ADEME/resume-des-mesures-ADEME.wee
yes it is a medium cop on the year that they give you and not a lab cop at 7 ° C

the compressor can hold much longer than expected if it is done by compressing for a low temperature differential on low or very low temperature (TBT)
Compressors is not junk just need to know how to optimize their life
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 09/07/09, 10:54

Hello,

My project is progressing step by step, I met yesterday a contractor for an insulation from the outside, the prices seem correct 120 euros the m², polystyrene insulation of 15 cm fixed on the facada, + 2 layers of coating thermolook, c is the first person I meet so I gradually discover the iso by outside.

This brings me back to another question, my house has no VMC, just 2 vents in the kitchen and bathroom, and an air vent on each of my 7 windows, the renewal of the air is it important point in my project, knowing that the VMC would be very complicated to implement, the VMR remaining the simplest.

At the level of existing walls, are there special precautions to take into account so as not to have adverse consequences on my home once it is isolated ???

Thank you in advance,

Alex
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 10/07/09, 07:19

A question I have been asking myself for a while. Did you have to make a special request to the town hall to make your outer insulation?
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 10/07/09, 09:00

Yes, of course, as any renovation a request for works to be deposited in town hall is obligatory.

Alex
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 05/08/09, 09:45

Hello,

Back with my project, after several meetings with PAC companies, we dropped this option.

Quote returns for the ITE have cooled a little, they exceed 25 000.00 euros, or loan of 180.00 euros per sqm, implementation included. I am waiting for the return of a last quote to make a decision and possibly modify my project if the rates stay in the same order.

Alex
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/09, 09:53

ITE =?

Hey yes, PAC projects are overpriced ... many, very many people thinking they are making a "good choice", will bite their fingers in a few years ... but the "damage" will be done !

What do you think of as "alternatives"?
0 x