Need your advice: solar and heat pump

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 13:40

1er rules the good econologist: for a technological choice, do not trust the tax credit or the zero-rate loan! Because they can constitute traps more than durable solutions!

As for your chassis (door included), it's not difficult to know:

a) materials: wood, aluminum, pvc (or mix between these materials)
b) year (of origin or not?)
c) glazing? Double? Simple? If double, what is the thickness?
d) general condition: are they closing well? Leak or games? Seals of origin ... etc etc ...

For creeping insulation: do you have an attic place where there are no finishes or you could see the insulation directly?
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 29/06/09, 13:48

My windows are all PVC they are from November 2008 (first work done on our arrival), they have double glazing 4 / 18g / 6itr, and shutter pvc posed in table. It's nine so closes very well.

Regarding the insulation of the attic when laying 2 velux, during cutting, the installer to remove polystyrene lined plasterboard attached to a wood frame, behind there is a simple thickness of wool of glass, the whole thing is about 10 cm thick. It is very hot at this time and quite cool in the winter.

Alex
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 13:53

Ben voila you see it's easy! You know your chassis: it's good, nothing to do on that side.

On the other hand 10 cm in the roof is light (very) ... now the norm is 25 cm!

I think you should start by studying this possibility before anything else: what is the interest of putting a modern boiler if a large part of the gain that it heats the birds?

Make an estimate for 25 cm and compare it to the boiler change.

Against the hot summer, cellulose works pretty well ... and put solar panels solar air conditioning ... indirectly!
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 29/06/09, 13:56

I just finished the decoration of my roofs, an insulation by the outside is it possible and effective, which solution for 5 velux ??
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 14:18

There is nothing to do on the skylights, except to put blinds (interior and / or exterior). Usually it's already "not too bad".

For the insulation by the external roof it is possible but requires a discovery (recess) and therefore it is very very expensive. Much more than redoing the finishes ...

We've already talked a bit about it, try some research on this page: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 29/06/09, 14:51

There is no question of completely redoing the work of a few months, especially since I'm going to lose living space, so I am condemned to heat a colander or undertake expensive work.

My green project has lead in the wing, I only have the financial aspect. Which recommended solution, condensing boiler or suction cup for heating, solar hot water tank ...

My GDF bill amounts to around 1500.00 euros per year for 2 adults and 2 children (less than 3 years).

The project is less ambitious, but I would like to reduce my non-renewable energy consumption a little bit
alex
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 14:55

1500 € it still goes for 4 people and a "badly insulated" house, how many kWh (or m3) does that represent?

If you want to reduce non-renewable consumption then install a few m² of thermal solar panels.

It will allow you to cut your boiler during 4 months in the year (so well sized and good exposure).
0 x
alex276
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex276 » 29/06/09, 15:07

GDF (seven 08- March 09) year-on-year estimate just based on the harsh winter we knew knowing that the old owners paid for it with old single glazed wood windows and no chimney, since we also installed a wood stove. Moreover, our boiler does not have a storage system for water, which last winter led to a large consumption of gas, because of the difficulties in heating the water at the exit of the taps (around 3 to 4 minutes of waiting for warm water).

The exposure of my roof is south south west so ideal for this type of installation, the first quotes obtained are located around 9 500.00 euros, is that reason.

Another small question, on an annual invoice of 1500.00 euros what is the approximate distribution of gas conso for heating and for water (70% / 30%, 60% / 40%) ??

alex
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/06/09, 15:20

To plant a little more the nail on the ecological advantage of the insulation on the change of boiler, it is necessary to take into account the gray energy of manufacture and the laying of the new and the recycling of the old one.

In terms of roof insulation, there are several solutions including: the outer insulation by raising the roof and the same thing but using prefabricated carrier modules filled with insulators that arise by embedding after removal of the tiles (an example). It is much faster than the first method but I have no idea about prices. In addition, but this is not your case, these modules being self-supporting, part of the frame is no longer necessary. Only the factories, pits and intermediaries are obligatory.

For your skylights, this type of insulation poses no problem: the skylights are raised to the upper bare of the roof and a "well" is cut in the insulation to the interior bare of the finishes. This consumes a little light by "driving the skylight in a tunnel" but nothing prohibitive.

Here, I found this little tool at our Belgian friendsit may be useful.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 15:21

The ECS represents less than 10% of the boiler consumption of an average household.

Unless :
a) you have no heating (passive house, arid region ...) it's not your case
b) you do not take 3 balneotherapy baths per day ...

The ECS will never represent more than 20% ... big max!

It is pkoi, in the best case (20% with solar cover at 80% or 12% of annual savings), with an invoice of 1500 € per year that represents, "barely" 180 € per year of savings : a solar system BEFORE SUBSIDIES at 9500 will therefore be "amortized" in 53 years !! And the system will be HS well before ...

So :

a) either you put this system at 10 k € knowing that the subsidies will make it "profitable" in a few years (about 10) but not for the planet or for the society because the subsidies, they will be paid by kk1 ...

b) either you install yourself a system sold for 2500 € and you say SHIT to subsidies or other tax credits (a solar system of 4m² is NOT WORTH 10000 €, it's marketing ...) ... and the profitability "falls" to 2500/180 = 14 years therefore "compatible with the service life of the installation".

After knowing what you want ...

We cry, we hesitate, we calculate to put a few thousand euros in a solar system but we go to buy, not necessarily when necessary, cars to several tens of thousands of euros which are yet complete financial holes!
0 x