ventilated crawl space, increase the thermal inertia?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

ventilated crawl space, increase the thermal inertia?

by Christophe » 16/05/09, 12:54

Everything is in the title: is it you think wise to increase the thermal inertia of a ventilated crawlspace?

By depositing either stones or cans (closed course) filled with water or other materials with high thermal inertia ...

The goal is obviously to see if it allows for heating costs. In our crawl space Password 7-8 14-15 in ° C in summer ... but I do not think there is a difference between day and night (or very low).

So the game is in can not be the effort?
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

crawlspace

by tigrou_838 » 18/05/09, 11:39

Hello

faudrai it can be instantly seen on the side of a solar air collectors (with fan and supply 12v on wheel dawn) with stokkage in several tons of rocks in your crawlspace.

which allow you to have the thermal inertia you seek.

tigrou
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 18/05/09, 13:40

Hello,

On a ventilated crawl space are a priori the slab insulation, finally thank you hopefully if the losses.
Fill this crawl space will have no influence on the inertia, but a little bit on the losses.
0 x
tararika
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tararika » 09/08/09, 22:22

aerialcastor wrote:Hello,

On a ventilated crawl space are a priori the slab insulation, finally thank you hopefully if the losses.
Fill this crawl space will have no influence on the inertia, but a little bit on the losses.

What thickness of the slab? How is it insulated?

please
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 10/08/09, 13:46

The slabs are often lined with polystyrene or even made polymers. There are thermal bridging through the joists but the loss to the crawl space are not the most important of the house (do not neglect them completely either ...)

For your idea Christophe, if you have no bypass and the crawlspace is ventilated from the outside, I think there is a risk, in some areas, that the inertia is reversed to the detriment occupants winter: a large slab very cold.

Should such a crawlspace device with rollers to cool the incoming air of the VMC in summer or preheat the whole winter, but surely not a device providing direct heat transfer (via the slab) for a house -Dessus of Aix-en-Provence ...

You remember the tunnel roller to Heracklès ...
0 x