Driving "ecologically" by car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Driving "ecologically" by car

by Christophe » 16/12/08, 10:08

And presto, one more "econological" page:

Save money behind the wheel

16 / 12 / 2008 | Updated: 08: 47 | Add to my selection
The "econological" advice from Jean-Marc Lorach, author of "How to make savings ... with ecology", at Editions du Puits Fleuri.

By keeping in mind a few basic principles, it is easy to significantly reduce fuel consumption and… car pollution.

- An under-inflation of 20% of your tires leads to an over-consumption of 4% of fuel. Check their pressure regularly!

- With an oil filter and dirty candles, it's 7% more consumption for your vehicle. Don't forget its emptying (in general every 20 km)!

- Do not drive with the windows or the roof open, they reduce the aerodynamic efficiency of your vehicle, and cause over-consumption by 3% to 5%, depending on your speed.

- Also be careful not to turn on the air conditioning of your car too often; it increases its consumption by 10%!

- Use the engine brake when going downhill. Fuel consumption will be almost stopped when the injection stops.

- Finally, do not let your engine run during small stops (shopping at the bakery, stop at the pharmacy). An already hot engine consumes less anyway when restarting.

Good road !

http://www.lefigaro.fr/vert/2008/12/16/ ... olant-.php

Definitely it is fashion these last days: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chez-fog-e ... t6716.html
0 x
Did67

Re: Driving "ecologically" by car

by Did67 » 16/12/08, 12:47

Christophe wrote:And presto, one more "econological" page:

Are there still people who ignore this, you think ????

Humor version:

He's a seller, he lists everything you just wrote.

And then, with us, a special injection system: savings = 15%

And then optional, the pantone (there, I'm messing around): saving: 12%

And we also have the phase crystallization biturbo alternator ("no matter what", yes, I know, it's a joke): savings: 10%

Etc., etc...

The buyer is thinking. And then finally, he does not buy: "Yes yes, but with all that, I'm going to have a problem: the tank will overflow!"
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/08, 12:53

It's not econology all this blah ... It's common sense!

I love the "virtually cut withstop injection "...

Another journalist who does not know anything about it ... do not expect more from the figaro anyway ...

It still annoys me strongly that we use the term "econological" in this case and area there ... Audi has already used it in its last press release ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 16/12/08, 14:48

Did67 wrote:Are there still people who ignore this, you think ????

I don't know if they know it, but there are some who don't care:
just yesterday, a family went to buy their bread (by car), the little one gets out of the car, we can clearly see that the tail is overflowing from the bakery, but the driver leaves his engine running ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/08, 14:55

Normal it was for the air conditioning ... oh no it's summer!

Well it was for heating then ...

Afterwards, people are surprised that their car only covers 150 km?
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 16/12/08, 16:30

Christophe wrote:Normal it was for the air conditioning ... oh no it's summer!

Well it was for heating then ...

Afterwards, people are surprised that their car only covers 150 km?

Yep ...
I am told that it damages the cars to stop them ...
244 Mm (Mega-meters) with gasoline and manual start & stop ...
Sure, I must have martyred her ...
(I specify that I only made half of it: I take public transport a lot)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Flytox

by Flytox » 16/12/08, 22:26

Hello indy49

just yesterday, a family went to buy their bread (by car), the little one gets out of the car, we can clearly see that the tail is overflowing from the bakery, but the driver leaves his engine running ...

It is also a great way to get your car robbed and by giving the ignition key !! ... : Mrgreen: Big economy (short term for the robber! : Mrgreen: no refueling, maximum gray energy saving!)
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 16/12/08, 22:38

The police are entitled to stick plums if the engine is left running for no reason, but rare are the police who apply this!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 16/12/08, 23:19

The thing is that there are a lot of things said, and ultimately a lot of uncertainty, about the interest of stopping your engine at a stop.

For example, I have a friend who avoids cutting into the fire because, supposedly, it takes 2,5 km for the alternator to supply the energy consumed during starting, and that this energy is of course drawn from the engine.

How much mechanical power does an alternator consume when the battery is full, compared to when it is less? already, almost nobody knows (including me)

Another confused argument: saving fuel:
my mother, who kept the habits taken on old cars with fuel, retained that a starting consumes a lot of gasoline (which is true only in cold, when it is necessary to put choke, even on an engine fuel), and thus left the engine running thinking that it consumed less by turning 2 minutes than restarting ...

Then, nobody agrees on the consequences in terms of temperature and lubrication that a brief stop implies.
Temperature level, when the engine is warm, certainly nothing significant. But with a cold engine, it's better for the mill to heat it up at idle, so take advantage of a red light to increase the temperature ...
Lubrication level, it's more vague ... The oil pressure drops when the engine is shut down, the oil goes down again, can it harm the engine when restarting?

Citroën's stop & start system has sparked disagreements over forums auto ...

Finally, I would like to point out that the existence of systems like stop & start is due to the frustration of people, not interested enough in the issue to cut off contact themselves, even if we inform them of the interest it entails.
It is however as simple as extinguishing the light of the puppets while going out, but, you will say to me, there are also some which do not even do it ...

My 98 ZX is equipped with the first stop & start system! It's called a neiman ...

PS: And it also has the stop & start-freewheel, which consists of letting yourself roll on gentle slopes or slow decelerations, then restarting by clutching a little blow, with a gear engaged ... There, no problem of emptying the battery ! But do not stay off for too long when you have hydraulic steering assistance because the pressure ends up falling and it becomes hard ... Ditto for brake assistance, on all models there on the other hand, even on some we lose the 'assistance almost instantly ... But on the ZX no problem, advice to owners : Mrgreen: )
Last edited by Olivier22 the 16 / 12 / 08, 23: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 16/12/08, 23:25

Me, my stop & start system, it is my brain which commands my arm to bring my hand to the ignition key and which then commands my hand to switch off the ignition. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!