Ossetia: the new Chechnya of Caspian gas?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/08/08, 16:31

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... ici_d.html

TBILISI (Reuters) - Damaged on Saturday by an explosion, the Georgian strategic railway line which transports oil exports from Azerbaijan to European markets will reopen within ten days, the national railway company announces.

Traffic on this line, which also links Armenia to the Georgian Black Sea coast, was interrupted after the destruction of a railway bridge near the Georgian town of Kaspi. Tbilisi accused Russian troops of blowing it up, which Moscow denied.

"Construction or repair work is expected to be completed within a maximum of ten days," said Irma Stepnadze, spokesperson for Georgian Railways.

Engineers and workers from Armenia and Azerbaijan are expected to arrive in Georgia on Sunday to take part in the refurbishment work, she said, adding that they would also bring specialized equipment.

A fire having put the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (Turkey) pipeline out of service, the stopping of the railway means that the only Azerbaijani oil exports are ensured by a pipeline connecting the deposits of the Caspian Sea to the Russian port of Novorossiysk , on the Black Sea.

The railway from Tbilisi crosses Gori, a city occupied by Russian forces, before dividing into three ramifications, destined in particular for the ports of Poti and Batumi, on the Black Sea.

Start of the week, the Georgian conflict had already forced the oil company BP to close the pipeline carrying Azerbaijani crude between Baku and Soupsa, another Georgian port on the Black Sea.

French version Henri-Pierre André, Philippe Bas-Rabérin

There are no small profits for Russia…

Armenia can no longer pump oil back to the EU

The pipeline passing through Tbilisi was burnt down + the single railway bridge was destroyed.
It's not them they say!

: Idea: There is only one export channel left ==> go through a Russian port…
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/08, 18:45

gegyx wrote:The pain for Arte! They defend themselves well. All their broadcasts are copyrighted.
No way to save "Lakolerusse" in .swf

And using Camstudio or equivalent does it work?
:?:

Ok the quality is not top but it is less worse than nothing right?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/08, 18:46

Christophe wrote:Camel your file is "not bad" except that Yugoslavia was AN ETHNIC WAR EVEN ... (we had already spoken about it on forums) ...

Too bad the .swf is a crappy file ... should be able to put because on youtube ... (without the soundtrack will be able)

Jme ask if I will not do it (but by deleting the passage on the yougo ... because it is bad ...)

It's extracted, editing in progress ...if you have a "message" to pass in the conclusion of the video, it's now!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/08, 18:56

gegyx wrote:http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... ici_d.html

There are no small profits for Russia…

Waw ... the world oil war becomes clearer then ... :|

I can't wait to see how these events will influence the price of crude tomorrow when the stock markets open ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/08/08, 20:01

We have tapped a lot on Bush and the USA, but the Russians are not bad either.

Which of the 2 is the most feared?

And after the Olympics, the Chinese will return to the game of oil-gas failure.

The Chinese have already scored points in Sudan and support Iran to get its oil.

and if it ended with a USA + EU match (part: except Poland / Latvia) + Ukraine + Georgia .. against Russia + China.

Finally there I do not go into details, but what is certain is that Iran feels well protected by the Chinese and the Russians.

There it really smells like burnt, and Sarko looked like a little choir boy when he went to see Medvedev (Putin's megaphone) ..... wow, the clever Russians, how they looked prepared their coup !!

Who says someone cares about global warming? : Shock:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/08/08, 20:04

For Arte, they surely did it on purpose so that we could not record their shows, and then they sell them in ArteVOD. They have to live, they have very little or no advertising.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/08, 20:04

martien007 wrote:and if it ended with a USA + EU match (part: except Poland / Latvia) + Ukraine + Georgia .. against Russia + China.

This is what Nostradamus predicted ...

martien007 wrote:Finally there I do not go into details, but what is certain is that Iran feels well protected by the Chinese and the Russians.

Well I'm not sure he really needs protection even if you never spit on a support :)

Proof of the day: https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-iran-pla ... t5916.html

martien007 wrote:There it really smells like burnt, and Sarko looked like a little choir boy when he went to see Medvedev (Putin's megaphone) ..... wow, the clever Russians, how they looked prepared their coup !!

For once I will defend him: sarko does what he can ... it was sewn of white thread ...

martien007 wrote:Who says someone cares about global warming? : Shock:

Well already ... we ... I know it's not heavy ... but good :)

ps: I upload the video to econoTV there ...
Last edited by Christophe the 17 / 08 / 08, 20: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/08/08, 20:06

And to say that the price of crude oil has dropped by more than 20% since the month of June, it would surprise me that tomorrow it does not go up or it is to understand nothing about the markets.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/08, 20:09

martien007 wrote:And to say that the price of crude oil has dropped by more than 20% since the month of June, it would surprise me that tomorrow it does not go up or it is to understand nothing about the markets.

Yes, I mentioned this remark and question above, I even wondered at the beginning if everything had not been engineered by bush and poutine to revive the price of crude, which has nevertheless lost nearly 30% in a few weeks. .but finally considering the gravity of the facts I do not think that it is that ... It is more "deep" like crisis and it is not more an "incident" ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/08/08, 20:14

Well already ... we ... I know it's not heavy ... but good

It's fine, but I'm talking about the great leaders of this planet.

In my opinion, all wishful thinking is just a facade; they all want to take advantage of the present moment as much as possible: power lure, profit lure ... always more and even more, it does not go in the direction of less energy consumption therefore less emissions of CO2.

Condee Rize has just declared that "the reputation of Russia is in tatters because they do not respect their commitments" (heard a moment ago on JT FR2).
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"