magnetic pollution in video, part 1

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/06/08, 21:38

Nice thing!

we measure volts / m or microW / m²
gives you the frequency found?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 21:45

Stay polite huh :)

And no unfair competition please :)
We have "our" on the store: https://www.econologie.com/shop/capteur- ... p-174.html

in mW / cm²
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/06/08, 21:53

Uh, I thought you were selling it too : Cry:

and the store, what frequency range does it measure?

Electromagnetic wave sensor in the microwave category (portable, gsm, microwave oven, wifi ...). High sensitivity and indication in mW / cm²

It will be part of my order
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
delnoram

by delnoram » 26/06/08, 22:00

Capt_Maloche wrote:gives you the frequency found?

No no frequency displayed, I just know that it is supposed to be between 800 and 2500 MHz
Christophe wrote:Stay polite huh

And no unfair competition please

It's not about competition :D just the price could deter some.

On the other hand, measurements from different detectors allow the crossing of sources so dear to Bucheron
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/08, 22:07

2.4 to 2.5 Ghz for ours I think ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/08, 14:36

I just did the first tests with this model: https://www.econologie.com/shop/capteur- ... p-174.html

It reacts very differently from magnetic field sensor

Indeed, the microwave sensor is:
- insensitive to disturbances of the electric current: in front of a ferric transformer or an electric wire: it does not react.

- the microwave oven sees its "disturbance" greatly reduced: it is still in the "red" (> 5mW / cm²) on the side for about 50 cm. We see, as with the other, the shielding of the door.

- in my office like that of Christine, pc on, there is a disturbance from 0.4 to 0.5mW / cm². In fact this is the case throughout the house: it oscillates between 0.4 and 0.7 mW / cm².

- portable in standby: 0.8mW / cm² glued. Out of range at the start of a call (not yet tested the call).

To summarize: this device seems very precise but only for microwaves between 1 and 3Ghz I suppose therefore (the notice says nothing I will try to contact Velleman on this subject but without great guarantees, otherwise it will be in use .. .).

The other device is better suited for low frequency magnetic pollution.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/06/08, 10:56

I forgot to quote a measurement made by chance, the detection through a 60 cm wall of a fairly powerful source, it was the transmitter of a cordless telephone.

Christophe wrote:- the microwave oven sees its "disturbance" greatly reduced: it is still in the "red" (> 5mW / cm²) on the side for about 50 cm. We see, as with the other, the shielding of the door.

here we come to almost identical conclusions, the microphone being not a source of permanent or very long emission, we can I think put the effects into perspective. (unlike the cordless telephone which seems to him to be transmitting permanently.)

Christophe wrote:- in my office like that of Christine, pc on, there is a disturbance from 0.4 to 0.5mW / cm². In fact this is the case throughout the house: it oscillates between 0.4 and 0.7 mW / cm².

I have a little problem with mW / cm² compared to mW / m², should we multiply by 10000 or not.

In the 1st case the figures you get would be huge compared to mine.
Normally if I remove the sources (wireless headphones and wifi modem), I only have 2 µW / m² all over the house as well as outside, in fact this is what the manual describes as "background noise ".

Christophe wrote:- portable in standby: 0.8mW / cm² glued. Out of range at the start of a call (not yet tested the call).

Then again, I have nothing with a laptop on standby, unless it does "a search".
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/08, 11:02

Ah cool finally of the comparison.

Yes I think we have to multiply by 10 ... it seems strange to me these differences in order of magnitude.

Especially since yours is supposed to be much more precise. Are you on units?

A GSM in communication gives what with yours?

The mW / cm² are what the standards give in order of magnitude .... it seems to me I will look a little.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/06/08, 12:15

Christophe wrote:A GSM in communication gives what with yours?

It gives ~ 2mW / m² at 6 meters after it starts to drop.

a small link

Another thing, the multi-layer aluminum and air bubble insulators are a good damper for these waves, for example: a wifi transmitter modem which gives 2000 µW / m² at 50cm with an insulator on the antenna, we only measure 60 to 70µW / m².
Obviously it's better to stop it since it is no longer of much use : Mrgreen:
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/08, 12:28

A lot of your doc (especially page 8 which shows the extreme disparities between the standards !!)

Another very good doc summarized here: http://www.etopia.be/IMG/pdf/antennes_gsm.pdf
(edited by the Belgian Greens, I'm still waiting for the equivalent by the French ...:D )

He claims that in the environment of relay stations,
Residents should not be exposed to an annual average power density greater than 0,1μW / cm² (which corresponds to 0,614V / m).

And further

For the WHO and the scientific community, the body of a healthy adult undergoes an increase of almost 1 ° C when exposed for 30 minutes to a SAR of 1 to 4 W / kg.

To be continued ... Velleman would have confused micro and milli? It would not surprise me in fact ... there are sometimes errors on the docs ...
0 x