fluorescent bulbs, a financial profit of 466 21% in month *!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/02/08, 07:31

Christophe wrote:Ah no Maloche, you do what you want ... even if you are wrong ... it's your money after all : Cheesy:

But you are still 10 years behind !!! Compact fluorescents (excluding chinoiserie) are no longer sensitive to ON / OFF ...

We have semi-Chinese (6 € each) in a shed for almost 1 year where the ON / OFF last about 30 seconds ... 5 to 10 times a day.
I did express to "test" ... and it seems to hold!

Ah ah! I knew you couldn't resist :D !

Since the Chinese produce their energy with not filtered crado Charcoal, these fluoresconneries are not so ecological that that

The disadvantages of low consumption lamps are:

Potentially binding recommendations for use. Indeed, the low consumption lamps are intended for a stable power supply (no dimmer for example). Except some high-end models, with dimmer integrated into their electronic ballast.
The presence of fluorescent powders and a gas based on mercury vapor in the tube, which are non-hazardous during use, means that these lamps constitute a hazardous waste requiring special disposal. Recovery services now exist, but are little known to the general public (identification by HG), which should bring the old tubes back to dealers.

Manufacturers are actively working to modify the formulation of fluorescent substances, so as to make said substances recyclable and less polluting.

A fluorescent lamp is sometimes even larger than an incandescent lamp of equivalent brightness.
It takes a certain time (of the order of a few tens of seconds) for fluorescent lamps to reach their optimal light intensity. This is not a problem for prolonged use (for example in living rooms ...), but can be annoying when the lamp is only used for short periods (corridor or staircase lighting).
Color rendering (CRI), around 85, is worse than that of an incandescent lamp. This means that some colors are distorted because the spectrum of light is not complete. For example, the color rendering of the skin is altered.
The recent quality models minimize the defects presented above. Note that cheap compact fluorescent lamps do not have these developments:

The ignition time is almost immediate for some models, for others, the rise of the flow is very fast compared to the old models.
It is also necessary to point out the emission of high frequency radiation in a sphere of three meters around the bulb, this radiation is potentially harmful for the human body, and its intensity is all the stronger as one approaches the bulb. [1]

But let's admit;

I will save € 1 per year per bulb by removing an OK motion detector (but I don't want to! : Cheesy: )

and these lamps work around 12 x 1minute per day or 12x320 days = 64 hours per year

The consumption of a fluorescent is around 20W for the equivalent of incandescent 60W (this is not true because of the heating time)

Consumption of a fluorescent in this case: 64 x 0.020KW = 1.28 KW.h
Consumption of incandescent in this case: 64 x 0.060KW = 3.84 KW.h

around 0 € 20 (PFF) savings per year in this case and 5 € of additional investment
Theoretically these fluorescents should last 5 years, financially speaking I am not a winner

and for living rooms, is the light spectrum good? won't i look like a zombie with tes lamps :D

On a living room like the kitchen for example
with the light working around 3h / per day for 6 months (winter)

3x6x30days = 540hours of halogen 100W
540x0.1 = 54 KW.h per year i.e. 5.4 € per year
5 times less for a fluorescent

around 4 € savings per year in this case
and 4 € of heating to compensate : Cheesy: because in summer this lamp hardly works
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 21/02/08, 08:08

delnoram wrote:
Capt_Maloche wrote:I preferred to place timed presence detectors in these volumes. how much does a detector consume on standby?

the only device of this type whose consumption I measured was 2w so 48w per day and 17.5 Kw / h per year ...
I fired it and replaced it with a timer that cuts its power at the same time as the light

and how much does your timer consume? : Lol:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 09:18

Maloche you start to annoy me there because if you believe that (most of) your conventional bulbs are made here with nuclear power you stick your finger in the eye ... : Evil: : Evil:

Then, you relay outdated information (recylum, recuper and the eco tax unknown to the general public ???) and erroneous: the spectrum of a neon tube IS BETTER than that of a conventional bulb !! There are 4000 and 6500K bulbs. The standard is 2700K while an incandescent bulb is 2850K ... so false excuse ...

I'm not even talking about the EM field of 3 m is furious madness ... in this case any GSM has a field of 30m! Deeply disappointing on your part...

Find us rather the overall eco balance sheet of a fluorescent compared to places to copy / paste bullshit ! : Mrgreen:

Regarding of the calculation of the gain you make a big mistake and you prove your ignorance of the field: already a 20 W is equivalent to a 100W then you do not take into account the cost of replacing the conventional bulb ...Amazing when you know your job and a little easy to pipoter the numbers like that right?

Then we must rather reason about the total life, I think you did not bother to test the little simulator we made? Go test it at least 5 minutes ... I give back the link:

https://www.econologie.com/calcul-du-ret ... -3659.html

It is misleading to say that one is not a winner by investing in a fluorescent except with calculations or reasoned reasoning and fluorescent bulbs of shit which slap before the point of ROI ...

But as I said earlier: it's your money you do what you want at home but spreading on this subject such biased and contradictory reasoning with everything I said above bothers me a lot ... so act ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/02/08, 22:53

Well, there you go ! that's it, i pissed you off :D indeed I had not seen your answer, it is that you would bite more!

you keep it up, and you make dumplings, I did not say that it was not profitable, but that it depended on the times of use

You will note that I applied mon calculation for mon in the case of bulbs which only work very little, and in this case the purchase of compact fluorescent lamps is not suitable

for the rest on the other hand, the longer the duration of use per year, the more the fluorescent becomes profitable as your spreadsheet specifies

and precisely, since you kindly reminded me of the link to the store, I saw that there was fluorescent at 6500K (daylight): so today I just learned something, indeed that has evolved well, and an incandescent can't do as well

EYH! maybe you will convert me :D since the time that I seek an artificial light which returns true colors, I must try that

a question tickles me: we are talking about lifespan in hours, but is there not just any lifespan? a year is 8000 and a few hours, but our bulbs work on average 1000h / year

would that last more than 10 years a fluorescent?
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 21 / 02 / 08, 22: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 22:58

Capt_Maloche wrote:for the rest on the other hand, the longer the duration of use per year, the more the fluorescent becomes profitable as your spreadsheet specifies

Ah finally!! The way of reason! :)

Capt_Maloche wrote:EYH! maybe you will convert me :D since the time that I seek an artificial light which returns true colors, I must try that

Don't forget that you have 10% discount on our shop, huh ... : roll: : roll:

Capt_Maloche wrote:would that last more than 10 years a fluorescent? :D

It is marked 12 years on some boxes ... and I still have a 1st generation model which has quite a few hours on the "counter" (electric hhhihi). See the tests of 2006, it was the philipps ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/08, 18:04

Here is another return on investment curve:

From the very interesting document (if the subject interests you):
https://www.econologie.com/eclairage-et- ... -3706.html
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/02/08, 20:02

AH, you see!

it depends on the annual operating time :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 17:03

Maloche I never said the opposite !! Except that when you make an investment in the bank it is rare that you put this money only a few hours a day so if we want to compare to a bank investment it's 24/24 and then that's it!! So my reasoning and comparison are good even if they are not realistic for home use!

Chkroggnneu!

Good otherwise I updated the simulator / calculator, it now takes into account the CO2 according to different European countries and a CO2 equivalent in liters of fuel oil or petrol:
https://www.econologie.com/calcul-du-ret ... -3659.html

Try to see it is quite funny ...

I took the opportunity to bring out an "old" study on the environmental impact of CFLs: https://www.econologie.com/impact-ecolog ... -3726.html
0 x
dalmasxx
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

THINK ABOUT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by dalmasxx » 22/06/08, 06:05

Hello,

Why does everyone have the same speech, the one we stuffed in their heads and they repeat like a simple parrot!

But why does nobody speak in CO2 equivalent ??

No matter how much I searched, I can't find anything
Does anyone know the energy balance in CO2 equivalent of the different types of bulbs:
halogen
LED
low tension
compact fluorescent
glow

because I would like to know what total energy it takes to make a compact fluorescent, with electronics, plastic, gases,
energy which, when made in China, comes from a coal factory ...
to that must be added the energy of all advertising,
and after their life, it should (because I do not know if it is done) treat them as hazardous waste because they contain heavy metals, with all the energy that can consume such procedures,
and I still have to forget about it.

whereas a simple incandescent bulb is just a little aluminum and glass.

meditate on it.

unless you believe the multinationals who put THEIR ideas in YOUR head.
like Philips wants to sell you its bulbs,
and Electricity Producers (EDF, HydroQuébec, ...) save energy which they can then export ...
and governments, well, it's their friends !!! pfff !!!

For my part I am quite convinced that it is the incandescent bulb which wins the competition of the most ECOLO.

THINK ABOUT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/08, 11:38

What aggressiveness for a first message ... Are you a shareholder of an incandescent bulb factory? : Shock:

You apparently did not bcp searched because on the Megaman catalog it is well specified the kg of CO2 saved (certainly not with gray energy see below): http://www.megaman.de/downloads/katalogkomp08.pdf

Then your reasoning is stupid because energy, therefore CO2, is necessarily linked to cost.

Assume that 100% of the sale and use price is the price of energy and therefore CO2, do the calculation and you will see that you are largely wrong. YOU KNOW HOW TO THINK !!! Go help you (figures for Germany with 50% coal-fired electricity):

But if you want to lose money, keep using conventional light bulbs this is your money after all ... : Mrgreen:

ps: here is a nice method to estimate the gray energy (so the CO2) https://www.econologie.com/forums/methode-de ... t4897.html
0 x