Batboostor: battery charger and disposable batteries

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
billie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billie » 29/01/09, 09:02

I confirm, the doc is formal ... Hello Christophe ???
After a year of Batboostor, I even have a doubt on the interest of reviving disposable batteries, almost all end up sinking, crystallizing in the devices at home ... but they still give juice!
In addition, are they still recyclable after having "melted"?

Otherwise, it seems to be moving in the world of rechargeable consumer, I saw a short while ago an article on batteries without toxic products, I do not remember the brand (Samsung?). Sony (PUB :|) offers "blue energy" batteries which seem to have interesting performances, on paper at least (conservation of the charge - like those sold on the econology store it seems to me) ...
to monitor ?
0 x
“We recognize happiness by the noise it makes when it leaves.” Jacques Prévert.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/09, 10:38

cedrico57 is not talking about the batboostor's doc, read the product sheet again: https://www.econologie.com/shop/chargeur ... p-186.html

We made it clear:

- Regenerates disposable batteries (*) if they are not too discharged or too old (note: function not specified in the instructions and not guaranteed but possible)
- LCD screen display: gives the state of charge and batteries at any time
- Performs a test and charges only those batteries that can be recharged, thus excessively damaged batteries are not recharged thus avoiding the risk of run-off or even explosion

The last point is what is missing on the batboostor: it forces the load with the risks of sinking ...

billie wrote:I confirm, the doc is formal ... Hello Christophe ???
After a year of Batboostor, I even have a doubt on the interest of reviving disposable batteries, almost all end up sinking, crystallizing in the devices at home ... but they still give juice!

You can regenerate batteries ten times at most. It was well noted in our batboostor product sheet. After that poses problem.

This explains, in part, pkoi we no longer offer the batboostor but the large majority of our customers remain satisfied ...
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 29/01/09, 10:46

The batBoostore is (was) a very good product, it allows to use non-rechargeable batteries until the end ...

Personally, the non-rechargeable batteries I only charge when I am near.
In general, the battery makes a gas noise before starting to flow.

When the battery has run out, I put it in the work battery recycling bin and I take a few more in the process :)

The charge is not as good as with a new battery, but it still allows troubleshooting for a while.

SixK
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/09, 11:14

SixK wrote:The charge is not as good as with a new battery, but it still allows troubleshooting for a while.

Yes exactly like the LCD charger that replaces it.

On the other hand, the device must not ask for too much "juice". For electronic temperature sensors, for example, it's perfect: each regeneration is 3 to 6 months of autonomy.

We just put in recycling disposable batteries that we bought in early 2007 ... recharged either with the LCD charger or with the Batboostor ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 29/01/09, 11:29

SixK wrote:The charge is not as good as with a new battery, but it still allows troubleshooting for a while. SixK

This is the whole point of this product when you don't have new batteries on hand. And as it also recharges the batteries, it's all beneficial.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"