Can be a solution to the problems of pollution

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 03/12/06, 14:32

The more I think about it, the more I hope it's true. But I was wondering, how long would it take for industrialists, big companies, governments to get their hands on it and regulate it, make it pay, etc.
Osprey, hopefully it will be enough to move the tip of your nose or snap your fingers for teleportation to act rather than needing a whole laboratory, pods and what do I know!
But last night, I would have loved to be able to use it!
I was going to a party and realized, leaving the highway, that I had forgotten my sheet describing the route to find the address in question.
Result, I turned like a moron in the village for quite a while before my friends deigned to answer me in order to indicate the precise place ...
0 x
Together we can change the
osprey
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Imagine for the job !!!

by osprey » 04/12/06, 00:40

If one day I can teleport, I settle in Corsica and I would go to work in Paris by getting up at 9 a.m. : Cheesy: In the evening I go for a walk with my sister in Montpellier, and I return to the fold in the mountains of the island of beauty. Royal! But maybe it doesn't work for humans?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/12/06, 10:18

Here is the Targol who comes to play the ominous birds:
As soon as it works: W will take the opportunity to teleport complete battalions (or even a nuclear bomb with the counter at "00:00:01") to Iran, North Korea, and any place where the government or the population refuse to hear the sirens of consumerist globalization.

You can be sure that the first applications of the invention will be military ... as usual : Cry:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 04/12/06, 22:36

What a horror to imagine that he would still be able to divert such a discovery for his profit and the proliferation of his stupid way of life.

Have you had any other info on the subject? I did not have time to inquire to make up for my shortcomings on teleportation, but I would like to know if they teleported the object of 10 cm, 10 meters or from one village to another .. I don't know and it intrigues me!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/12/06, 22:50

saveplanet wrote:What a horror to imagine that he would still be able to divert such a discovery for his profit and the proliferation of his stupid way of life.

"welcome to the real world, Neo" would have said Morphéus : Wink:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/12/06, 23:05

Uh real world?

For now the atom teleportation is pure SF ...

ps: in principle I agree ...
0 x
osprey
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

no angelism

by osprey » 05/12/06, 01:11

Do not dream: such a technological revolution will not be accessible to the general public overnight. Patents will be filed, the army will undoubtedly be effectively the first to use it (which never bodes well). There is more reason to be pessimistic than optimistic ...
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 05/12/06, 07:11

lol ....

teleportation ... there are some who look too stargate ... the Asguards are not yet among us.

the first one who teleports into a wall will really look like a con ...
if teleportation could exist other than in the quantum state and by spending a reasonable energy, that will pose more problems than solutions: how we know that we are not going to teleport in a passerby, a red light, a safe bank (or its door if we miscalculate the cass) : Lol: ... and how do you prevent someone from teleporting to Bush to hide? (or to teleport the said bush to a wall, something tempting anyway)?

in short, stop at the trolls and long live the electric assisted velomobile.
Last edited by pollux the 09 / 12 / 06, 20: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 08/12/06, 19:02

Okay, so I finally found the time to take a closer look at teleportation, try to understand and learn more about this information and this is what I found:

http://www.science-and-industry.com/

Through this link, it begins to gain more and more scope because more and more people talk about it.
No doubt they want to believe it, just like all of us.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 08/12/06, 19:51

Here we could do telecommuting without changing our habits, it would be cool.

Unfortunately it is not teleportation, it is an abuse of language, the ball is simply recreated identically away. So by the time we can't build a human from scratch, we won't be able to teleport.

There is an interesting discussion here: http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Discussion ... 0342_1.htm

Finally we may be able to build one day atom by atom. In any case, the question will always arise as to whether "the spirit" will follow the atoms.
0 x