Capture and storage of CO2 IPCC report

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/08/06, 18:39

Christophe wrote:
Cuicui wrote:If he is a fervent supporter of Iter, he risks being in bad faith concerning the z-machine.

The plot is not everywhere sorry ...
Good then the opinion of a nuclear physicist that would suit me too ... even a student would like!

Fully agree. For this, he would already have to be aware, hence the interest in circulating the information.
0 x
lapinheran
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lapinheran » 09/08/06, 21:11

hello everyone: D

well me the Z beast its plugs me well : Mrgreen: but i ask to see a little more info on the quote from jean pierre petit he still balances some tough stuff like the september 11th conspiracy of the united states to grab Iraq it makes him think :!:

I will try to go deeper into the question of the z beast if there's any info I'm interested in
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/08/06, 21:58

Christophe wrote: The plot is not everywhere sorry ...

Conspiracy theory? In this specific case it would rather be the theory of "here the good undercut, the whole world is funding!"
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 10/08/06, 08:58

Christophe wrote:
freddau wrote:For this I read an interview in the "Spiegel" of a former Shell executive currently in charge of Repower, a German wind turbine manufacturer, who is counting on this process to get by and sees the development of this technology in next decades, he adds that the atom is a technology that will allow the transition.

Nice retraining (is it good for morale?) But I think there is only one thing that interests such a person: the cash ...

Yes, there are few people who do not want cash.
The person was objective, and preferred this solution to warming up.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/08/06, 10:36

freddau wrote:Yes, there are few people who do not want cash.
The person was objective, and preferred this solution to warming up.

CF my signature : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/08/06, 10:52

Cuicui wrote:Christophe said:
I therefore repeat that the opinion of a CEA physicist would be welcome.

If he is a fervent supporter of Iter, he risks being in bad faith concerning the z-machine.

Note, after reading a thread on futura science about Z-machine and Iter, it seems that some people think that JPP is also sometimes in bad faith on Iter ...

Note that for me both are dangerous toys for scientists in search of recognition. Playing with unstable states of matter in order to manufacture astronomical amounts of energy at the risk of chain reactions, I don't know why, the idea scares me a little. And all that so that our consumption / waste society can continue to screw up everything ... :x

In short, it would be me, the iter and z-machine budgets would go directly into applications to allow energy autonomy for each household (while of course stopping to waste).

And besides, this proposal allows me to come back a bit to the subject too: wanting to find solutions to limit the consequence without seeking to correct the cause has really become the unique way of making this company:
  • We want to trap CO2 rather than looking for ways to reduce its production.
  • Western medicine treats (with large patches of patented molecules $: evil: $) the symptoms without really addressing the causes.
  • We invent particle filters, ABS, ESP and lots of electronics so that the car is less dangerous without ever questioning its use.
  • etc, etc, etc ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/08/06, 12:19

freddau wrote:The person was objective, and preferred this solution to warming up.

Wind power will unfortunately not change much with global warming ... other solutions such as biomass (solid, liquid or gas) are, in my opinion, bcp + efficient .... and the money that goes into wind turbines n will not go into these solutions ...

In addition, (mega) wind turbines continue to contribute to the centralization of energy and its state control ...

Anyway ... a lot of wind ... for not much ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/08/06, 12:30

well, I am resting the question that I have already submitted on another subject:

the C02 thus stored, what do we do with it? bubbles for the perrier?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/08/06, 12:51

elephant wrote:well, I am resting the question that I have already submitted on another subject:

the C02 thus stored, what do we do with it? bubbles for the perrier?

The basic principle of this storage is as follows: let's send back the CO2 where it comes from.
Let me explain: unlike short cycles like the growth of wood for example (the CO2 emitted by burning wood is that captured by the tree during its growth), the CO2 cycle of fossil fuels is a cycle on several Tens of thousands or even millions of years.
In fact, the CO2 released by petroleum, coal and the like is that which has been captured by plants which, following pressure, heat and time, have been transformed into petroleum or coal.

The concern is that this CO2 captured over thousands of years is massively rejected in a few decades. This is where the rub is: the current vegetation is not capable of trapping the equivalent of thousands of years of CO2 capture by plants. Hence the idea of ​​returning this CO2 where it comes from: underground. to make it ... nothing !!!
It's just that it isn't in the atmosphere.

Is it clearer like this ???
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/08/06, 13:19

thank you for the explanation, this is what I feared.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"