Chain of panels: assembly in series VS in //?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Chain of panels: serial assembly VS in //?

by sicetaitsimple » 17/08/23, 12:27

I will not interfere in the arguments of Christophe and Remundo, I do not have the necessary knowledge.
But I found Chris34's planned system evolution scheme as he presented it some time ago:
solar-thermal/photovoltaic-connection-of-pv-t14129-50.html

What bothers me is that the PV power is (roughly, 3280/1780) doubled, but the battery capacity remains the same (8x90Ah under 12V, or about 8kWh theoretically between full charge and full discharge). It may be entirely voluntary, why not, It just seems a little weird to me. It will necessarily improve things during periods of very low sun, but in mid-season and a fortiori in the middle of summer, there would be no gain, the capacity of the batteries operated reasonably (without discharging them too much) being the limiting factor?
1 x
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chris34 » 17/08/23, 20:29

Thank you thank you again :-)

yes my 3 strings are homogeneous IN the string (same orientation, same PV).
Each of the 3 feeds its own MPPT regulator (remundo spring tips ;-))
Thank you also Christophe for the idea of ​​the Dual MPPT!
1 x
Chris34
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/23, 20:45

Remundo wrote:for the batteries, it won't be an "average", but indeed somewhere between the 2 open-load voltages.

the batteries connected in parallel will temporarily circulate current from the strongest to the weakest until the 2 batteries are at the same voltage.

If the capacitance is linear to the voltage, we will therefore have an average of the 2 voltages (no idea if this is the case...never studied disposable batteries in detail)...

In short, we're not going to quibble... you get the idea...
1 x
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chris34 » 21/08/23, 15:25

Hello !

now that I have a lot (too much?) of Kwh, and given the evolution of summers : Shock: , I would like to install an air conditioning (which would therefore take the overflow of the energy produced by my PVs in the middle of the day. )
I would like to know the things to know / to avoid / with air conditioning and if there are more specific solutions (Kit) for solar ...

Thank you :-)
C.
0 x
Chris34
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chris34 » 21/08/23, 15:58

.... hummm, moreover, I wonder if it is possible, as I did for my Cumulus ECS resistors, to insert a transformer BEFORE the air conditioning. 230 // 115 Volt???
0 x
Chris34
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/08/23, 20:57

chris34 wrote:now that I have a lot (too much?) of Kwh, and given the evolution of summers : Shock: , I would like to install an air conditioning (which would therefore take the overflow of the energy produced by my PVs in the middle of the day. )
I would like to know the things to know / to avoid / with air conditioning and if there are more specific solutions (Kit) for solar ...

I don't have a personal opinion (= it's not a recommendation!), but I think you should be able to look for (small) air conditioning units directly powered by 24V direct current dedicated to applications such as trucks, camping- because or others.
1 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 24/08/23, 13:51

If it exists...? Most often, vehicle air conditioning units are driven by the engine, or the network for refrigerated trucks.

I would rather go for a 220V domestic air conditioning powered by an inverter, only when there is sun... :)
1 x
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chris34 » 24/08/23, 15:52

OK thanks for the answers CLIM! ;-)

I return to a questioning about my different Strings and REGULATORS:
I therefore have 2 strings which supply a pool of batteries:
1 String "Roof" from 4 X PV (410 Wp each) which goes on a 100 V MPPT / A 50
1 String "WALL" from 1 X PV (410 Wp each) which goes on a 100 V MPPT / A 30

However, we see that if the Toit string produces an average of 3 Kwh / day (good) the "WALL" string, very sunny, only produces 200 Wh (not terrible)

Is it possible that the 2 different current regulators (50 VS 30A) contradict each other????

Merciiiii!
C.
0 x
Chris34
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/08/23, 16:07

dede2002 wrote:If it exists...? Most often, vehicle air conditioning units are driven by the engine, or the network for refrigerated trucks.

Yes it exists. But of course it has nothing to do with the cold unit of a refrigerated truck. It's just done to provide air conditioning. from the cab of a normal (non-refrigerated) truck or motorhome when it is stationary.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/08/23, 16:28

chris34 wrote:1 String "WALL" from 1 X PV (410 Wp each) which goes on a 100 V MPPT / A 30

Do you have a thong with only one panel? : Shock:
That's not what you said above.
In my opinion, if you want some (not me, I don't have the necessary practical knowledge) to be able to answer you, you should update or confirm the provisional diagram that you had transmitted here according to what you actually have accomplished.
solar-thermal/photovoltaic-connection-of-pv-t14129-50.html
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"