IESPM engine oil analyses: wear and engine mechanics, comparison of values ​​and results

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Remundo

Re: IESPM engine oil analyses: wear and engine mechanics, comparison of values ​​and results

by Remundo » 03/08/23, 09:38

I intentionally spaced out the oil changes to see if the oil was contaminated by the fuel, and I have to admit that it is not.

According to my spreadsheet, I saved more than €11 thanks to E000+Electricity compared to running on petrol.

At the end of August we will cuddle the GTE85 with an engine + gearbox oil change and change of the 4 shock absorbers at an independent garage.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: IESPM engine oil analyses: wear and engine mechanics, comparison of values ​​and results

by Macro » 03/08/23, 10:02

Sorry...I had misread the underlined sentence in the report...my sick brain had completely reversed the meaning of the sentence : Oops:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/23, 16:50

I have 2 interesting feedback by email from IESPM:

a) Wear index

The wear index is an "in-house" test that has no unit. The purpose of this test is to estimate the presence of ferromagnetic particles whose diameter is generally too large to be analyzed by spectrometry.. This is why there is not necessarily a correlation between this value and the iron content obtained. You should know thatbelow 50, the value is considered negligible

b) Taking the oil km into account

It should also be noted that the results are interpreted according to the mileage of the oil.
1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/08/23, 00:04

It's surprising that these analyzes do not mention / measure the "charcoal residue" which blackens the oil. I had found an article (from BMW?) which said that these carbonaceous materials were not catastrophic in themselves but that their interaction with water (and bacteria?) did a lot of harm / significantly degraded the oil ( especially the viscosity?). They had an instrument on some of their vehicles which made it possible to monitor and thus predict when it was necessary to drain.

For Remundo, these carbonaceous materials increase in your oil indefinitely, you will end up having more carbon than oil with your 85000 km without oil change. : Mrgreen: . Cars now have a servo loop to handle idle, but on old ones (without electronics), when you know the noise of the idle well, you'll hear it change after the oil change and the idle goes up 100 rpm/ min approx. The oil also wears out and you should also see it on your fuel after oil change.
2 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/08/23, 00:19

The oil had 75 km, but it's misleading because I only do 000% in thermal

The analyzed oil was 3 years old and 30 km.

At the end of August we put in new oil.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/08/23, 11:37

Remundo wrote:At the end of August we put in new oil.

What ? You hadn't done the oil change (analyzed oil) yet???
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/08/23, 11:39

Flytox wrote:It's surprising that these analyzes do not mention / measure the "charcoal residue" which blackens the oil. I had found an article (from BMW?) which said that these carbonaceous materials were not catastrophic in themselves but that their interaction with water (and bacteria?) did a lot of harm / significantly degraded the oil ( especially the viscosity?). They had an instrument on some of their vehicles which made it possible to monitor and thus predict when it was necessary to drain.

For Remundo, these carbonaceous materials increase in your oil indefinitely, you will end up having more carbon than oil with your 85000 km without oil change. : Mrgreen: . Cars now have a servo loop to handle idle, but on old ones (without electronics), when you know the noise of the idle well, you'll hear it change after the oil change and the idle goes up 100 rpm/ min approx. The oil also wears out and you should also see it on your fuel after oil change.

Good point and I don't know why they don't do it...7/10 of the elements analyzed I don't really know what that means...well after that I didn't look too much... : Mrgreen:

But the carbon rate, would not be linked to the viscosity? A very "carbonated" oil is much thicker, less fluid...and can lead to engine failure...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/08/23, 11:56

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:At the end of August we put in new oil.

What ? You hadn't done the oil change (analyzed oil) yet???

not :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/08/23, 12:17

: Shock:

Who is the Saint of Mechanics? Wouldn't that be St Christopher? : Mrgreen:

In your place, I would say a prayer to him...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/08/23, 13:16

it doesn't keep me from sleeping. : Wink:
0 x