CO2 ppm, sun and climate variability

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CO2 ppm, sun and climate variability

by Ahmed » 28/11/23, 11:17

Really fighting against RC is incompatible with the functioning of industrial society, only a staging called "ecological transition", but in reality economic transition, strives to make this last, thanks to these adaptations.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
pacian-
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pacian- » 28/11/23, 17:47

It's not for nothing if I avoid the CO2 subject, it goes in all directions! There is no point in CO2 being traceable or absorbable by plants. Before the industrial there was a variable natural climate.
Regardless of the importance of anthropogenic factors, the natural climate is currently largely dominant, even if the IPCC promises that this will one day change. It is the anthropogenic which is in parallel with the natural climate, not the opposite!
It is the natural component, which the IPCC would like to forget, that interests me. The anthropogenic is a source of endless sterile speculation and bias, but if it makes you happy...
0 x
My preference : climate variability.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/11/23, 21:00

Ahmed wrote:Really fighting against RC is incompatible with the functioning of industrial society, only a staging called "ecological transition", but in reality economic transition, strives to make this last, thanks to these adaptations.
With these prejudices, I feel like a follower of "all rotten", here you join Guy who you plus silks. : Twisted: : Twisted:
pacien wrote:It's not for nothing if I avoid the CO2 subject, it goes in all directions!
Continue to avoid it, rather than spouting climate-sceptical nonsense : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/11/23, 21:40

No accusation of this kind (all rotten) is necessary since it is rather a question of a trajectory which is already too advanced to be able to be called into question without serious consequences for the model which supports us... Skip to 'one paradigm to another is objectively very complicated, hence these strategies of evasion and pretense.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 29/11/23, 03:59

Ahmed wrote:No accusation of this kind (all rotten) is necessary since it is rather a question of a trajectory which is already too advanced to be able to be called into question without serious consequences for the model which supports us... Skip to 'one paradigm to another is objectively very complicated, hence these strategies of evasion and pretense.
There I agree.
Since man was organized as a society, his economy has been based on growth, with resources that until then seemed "infinite". The Age of Enlightenment was short-lived, with consequences unimaginable at the time.
Even if the technology of the industrial age has made it possible to increase the destruction of its environment tenfold, early man had already started by contributing to the disappearance of megafauna.

Since the "Club of Rome" we know that this is no longer the case and you are right, all attempts to resolve the "problem" have failed... The longer we delay, the more the resolution seems insoluble and we become oriented towards everyone for themselves, with the destructive wars that follow...

Finite resources + CO2 and its consequences mean that the problems risk growing exponentially...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/23, 16:31

Ahmed wrote:No accusation of this kind (all rotten) is necessary since it is rather a question of a trajectory which is already too advanced to be able to be called into question without serious consequences for the model which supports us... Skip to 'one paradigm to another is objectively very complicated, hence these strategies of evasion and pretense.

You are probably right, very complicated.
However, between the current situation and the "full glass" that you would like to see, are there not more or less full glasses that would still be more satisfactory, without talking about evasions or pretenses?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/11/23, 18:28

Any progress would be welcome since it would in any case be completely illusory to hope for a perfect world that would emerge from who knows where (it would be fatally boring!), but evasions and pretenses are not in order. common sense and only aim to adjust the parameters to perpetuate an outdated and deadly model.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/23, 18:47

Ahmed wrote:but the evasions and pretenses do not go in the right direction and only aim to adjust the parameters and perpetuate an outdated and deadly model.

We're waiting for the "big night", then?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/23, 19:42

It's folklore! I believe in small steps, but not those that are currently being taken...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 30/11/23, 19:57

It's like the conflict between the rural eco-friendly and the urban eco-friendly.
In my opinion only one will survive. Because in the city no future is possible. But it's seen from the fields so I'm in a bad position to talk about it
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru