baby seals: knowledge say STOP !!!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Japan blessed by the gods ...

by bojourvous5094 » 23/03/06, 00:40

Japan allows itself to hunt endangered species: : Shock:

All we do is protest …….
:?: ___________________

After openly advocating the resumption of commercial whaling for many years, and ignoring public opinion and protection efforts from around the world for 20 years, the Japanese delegation sent in 2005 to the IWC meeting in Ulsan , in South Korea, has announced plans to more than double its annual minke whale quota to 935, and to add 50 fin whales and 50 humpback whales to its hunting list, two officially endangered species.

Japanese hunters are also increasingly confident. They think they will soon be able to abandon the pretext of scientific hunting and officially resume commercial hunting. Going against international opinion, the Japanese Fisheries Agency of Japan (FAJ)

Why is there no embargo on Japanese products?

It's funny when it's Canada, we knock on everything that moves and when it's Japan, hold on, you become silent ………. No procedure, we just write and protest… .. To hell with the endangered whales…. Of course it pays less than baby seals …… ..
: Shock:
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

The senator responds ...

by bojourvous5094 » 23/03/06, 02:37

Seal hunt :!:

Brigitte Bardot is dishonest,
decides Senator Hervieux-Payette

Liberal Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette reacted to Brigitte Bardot's visit to Canada.
The Liberal senator accuses Ms. Bardot of being dishonest in her crusade against the seal hunt.

On her website, Ms. Bardot uses the image of a baby seal whose blood spills on the snow. Since 1987, Canada has prohibited the hunting of pups. : Shock:

According to Ms. Hervieux-Payette, these images constitute misinformation; Ms. Bardot is therefore dishonest to use a white coat to arouse passions. : Evil:

Céline Hervieux-Payette also rebels against the fact that Ms. Bardot calls criminals people for whom the seal hunt is a way of life and even survival.

She finds it insulting that the activist describes the sealing activities as animal genocide that stains and stains the image of Canada.

She points out that the seal herd of more than five million individuals is far from being an endangered species.

The federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans reports that the herd has almost tripled since the 70s.

The liberal senator, who does not have her tongue in her pocket, finally reminds Brigitte Bardot, and the ex-Beatle, Paul McCartney, in a scathing way, that Canada is no longer a colony of France, nor of England. : Lol:

Update: 22/03/2006 16:14 p.m.
http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/infos/national ... 61455.html
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

When China steps in…

by bojourvous5094 » 23/03/06, 03:02

The government of Newfoundland and Labrador threatens to sanction the giant Fishery Products International (FPI), which processes fish caught in Canadian waters in China. This threat greatly irritates the company.

For the past few years, FPI has sent part of its yellowtail flounder catch to China, where it is processed at a much lower cost than in Canada.

The province of Newfoundland and Labrador has tolerated this situation to date, but Fisheries Minister Tom Rideout now says that the FPI was not allowed to send this fish abroad. He warned the company that she could face severe fines.

This threat is angering FPI leaders, who want to consult their lawyers before counterattacking.

This is one more tile for FPI whose head office, in Saint-Jean, has been taken by storm for a few days by a hundred workers of the company in the Burin peninsula. These demonstrators denounce the cuts imposed by FPI in its Newfoundland factories.

Newfoundland Fisherman Union President Earl McCurdy Says He Will Fight To The End To Prevent FPI From Closing Newfoundland Factories To Create Jobs In China By Exploiting A Resource Belongs To Canadians.

Note:
This is not what helps Canada's fishermen and workers….
:?
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Who hunts the whale ...

by bojourvous5094 » 23/03/06, 04:29

Who is hunting whales today?

Japan, : Evil:
member of the IWC, holds a scientific permit and hunts approximately 700 whales each year, mainly minke whales, but also around fifty Bryde's whales and sei whales as well as ten sperm whales. The Japanese also hunt small cetaceans: they collect around 20 dolphins and porpoises from their coastal waters each year.

Iceland,
who had withdrawn from the IWC in 1991, rejoined the Commission in 2002 and announced the resumption of commercial hunting for 2006, hunting which had stopped in 1989. By then, she is doing a scientific hunt. In 2003, 36 minke whales were hunted and in 2004, 25.

Norway
has objected to the IWC moratorium and hunts approximately 700 each year in its territorial waters.

Greenland (Denmark)
has an annual IWC subsistence hunting quota of 19 fin whales and about 200 minke whales. In addition, the Greenlanders hunt almost 500 narwhals and more than 600 belugas annually as well as pilot whales and porpoises.

The indigenous Russian Chukotka people share with the Alaska Eskimos (USA) a subsistence hunting quota of the IWC of 280 bowhead whales and 620 gray whales between 2003 and 2007. They also hunt belugas and narwhals. In addition to the subsistence hunting quota they share with the Chukotka people, the Alaskan Eskimos (USA) hunt just over 200 belugas annually. The Makah, an indigenous people of the state of Washington (United States), obtained, in 1997, an annual quota of subsistence hunting of the IWC of five gray whales. But an appeal by environmental groups was successful in the federal court, preventing the Makah from benefiting from this permit.

The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines of the Caribbean
hunt a few dozen pilot whales and a number of dolphins. In addition, they have an IWC subsistence hunting quota of 20 humpback whales for the 2003-2007 season. Two other Caribbean islands (Dominica and Saint Lucia), non-members of the CBI, hunt about 400 pilot pilot whales and some species of dolphins.

Canada,
which withdrew from the IWC in 1982, regulates subsistence hunting. Over 1000 belugas and 300 to 400 narwhals are hunted annually by the Inuit. Also, approximately one bowhead whale is hunted every two years.

The Faroe Islands,
non-members of the IWC, hunt an average of 1000 pilot whales and a few dozen dolphins annually.

Indonesia and the Philippines
also hunt whales, but the statistics for these countries are poorly known. We would hunt sperm whales, Bryde's whales, killer whales and other small cetaceans.

source: http://www.baleinesendirect.net

Whale watching in Quebec

Whales return each summer to the estuary and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. With its observation sites a few hours from Quebec City and its impressive diversity of species, it is not surprising that the St. Lawrence is recognized as one of the best places in the world to watch whales.

Whales frequent the St. Lawrence generally from May to October, but the presence of whales during your visit to the observation sites obviously cannot be guaranteed ………

I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Forumecolo » 23/03/06, 14:40

Hello everyone ...

After launching the topic, I didn't think it would get as stormy !! :?
I have the impression that this subject touched on the patriotic fiber of hello, which I understand completely !!
However, talking about a problem by pointing out that there are others in other countries, I find that suddenly:
- We are moving away from the subject ...
- We imply that if we are interested in the problem of seals in Canada, that means that we are not interested or less in the problems of breeding in France, whales in Japan, deforestation, etc ... which is obviously an amalgam! It's just not the topic here ...
- it does not, in addition, really advanced the debate on the seal hunt!

So to refocus on the subject, I offer two articles:
http://216.110.171.197/FR/FR/ATraductio ... oomFR.html
We can read :
Obvious truths

Among the most remarkable scientists who study the interactions between seals and fish in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and, who are not directly concerned by the controversy, is W. Nigel Bonner, who retired in 1988 after 35 Years of work with the seal research unit of the British Natural Environment Research Council.

Bonner wrote in The Natural History of Seals (1990), "It seems obvious that if seals eat fish and there are a lot of seals, there will be fewer fish. In fact, it is extremely difficult to find convincing examples that prove that marine mammals that eat fish have affected the abundance of a fish stock ... The seemingly obvious proposition that more seals means less fish is actually not based. ask: Less than what? In an intact system, seals and their prey would have evolved together to form a complicated web of food relationships. Seals that feed on fish generally take a variety, among which may be found predators of fish. If one species becomes scarce, seals may turn to another, allowing the recovery of the declining species. thousands of generations and, they are not easily vulnerable to the simple modeling implied by the argument of the fisherman. "

A more political opinion from Peter STOFFER:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/InfoComDoc/36/1/F ... -ndp-f.htm

And so as not to lose sight of the ACTION proposed, I present the petitions to you:
The Petition Site
petition chasse-aux-phoques.com
Petition 30 million friends

@ soon
0 x
Nimzegin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Japan blessed by the gods ...

by Nimzegin » 23/03/06, 15:38

bojourvous5094 wrote:All we do is protest

I can't let you misinform and let you victimize Canada !! On all of what you wrote, you should learn a lot better, action is taken and much more "muscular" than the opposition to the seal hunt
It's funny when it's Canada you knock on everything that moves and when it's Japan, hold on, you become silent ………. No procedure, we just write and protest… .. To hell with the endangered whales…. Sure it pays less than baby seals

Quiet ? Again get the information
http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/sciences/0,,3277722,00.html
You are not going to tell me that Paul Watson is silent !!!
http://www.aves.asso.fr/article.php3?id_article=82

All these hunted animals, whether seals, whales, sharks, turtles, etc ... who are in great danger, will soon make common cause, and it is not only Canada that will be targeted ..... believe me

And as requested Forumgreen, please stay on topic
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Why am I coming back with Japan?

by bojourvous5094 » 23/03/06, 16:37

If the purpose of the exercise is to protect endangered species ... then we are tackling the real problems! : Arrowd:

For 30 years the seal herd has been constantly increasing …….
Yes, you have to be very vigilant, but when you strive blindly, you are more protective…. :!: :!: :!:

If I talk about whales it is not with the aim of diverting the conversation, it is to target the real problem here as elsewhere, it is the elimination of whales…. The problem is infinitely more worrying here too! :!: :!: :!:

We are trying to understand their way of life and protect them in the River which is no small task… As I said the River is polluted by chemicals, fertilizers, municipal waste… Our belugas and whales suffer of its releases, the most harmful of which are industrial and come mainly from American factories and in part from other sources already named…

What makes me jump is the relentlessness, there is a difference, it seems to me between being relentless and asking for the vigilance of all stakeholders. I agree that the whole battle for seals has been good ... But we lose sight of emergencies! You keep us away from the real problems by monopolizing all the resources on the study of seals, meanwhile, there is less energy to devote to the really endangered species… We have limited financial resources and the needs come from all sides.

By putting a blockade on all markets in Canada, you yourself are jeopardizing the survival of other species, we cannot put a seal supervisor to conduct a study which will in any case always be contested even if it is done by England herself or France, great defenders of species, who have exploited all resources for hundreds of years ... Now, we are criticized for poorly managed resources! Must do it! You forget that we have been a COLONY for 400 years! What makes the resources… it was WITH YOU that they went ……

In my opinion, we should focus on the species here in Canada that are really endangered and stop transposing the problem… .. There is no point in persisting for another 30 years, on a subject that harms everyone and I include the seals… Yes, we must be VIGILANT, but the measures must be based on the seriousness of the problem… No need to break the blockade, when monitoring and vigilance are required! You just stir up people's anger ... : Evil:

I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nimzegin » 23/03/06, 17:49

« Cod stocks have been depleted by industrial fishing - which was also encouraged by the federal government - not by seal herds. The seal simply serves as a scapegoat to perpetuate this massacre motivated by nothing less that a political program Said Harris. "When the first Europeans arrived on the East Coast, around 24 million seals lived in harmony with schools of fish so large that they sometimes hindered the passage of boats. Today there are less than 5 million seals left, and the cod are gone. "
CQFD no?

I see you haven't answered anything about this evidence
0 x
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Forumecolo » 23/03/06, 23:08

Information found in the newspaper Le Monde:
The winter was very mild in Canada to the chagrin ... seals. As Jean-François Gosselin, biologist at the Maurice-Lamontagne research institute, in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and off the east coast, noted, "the ice cover is very low and very thin in certain areas , both in the Gulf and off Newfoundland ". We have already known, according to him, such variations, especially in the 1980s, but, with climate change, there is a strong risk that the ice pack will melt irreversibly.

According to Canadian Coast Guard surveys in the Gulf, the floating ice has lost at least a quarter of its surface area since last spring. In addition, when it has not melted, it is often less than 30 cm thick. This situation has a negative effect on the seal populations which normally come to give birth on the pack ice between January and March. Already, in late January, the islands of Nova Scotia were invaded by more than 3 female gray seals who could not find ice to give birth to their young. In the Northumberland Strait, seals must have given birth on the islands. A few weeks ago, around 1 baby seals, just born on the beaches of Pictou Island, were dragged into the sea, where they drowned following a strong storm and tide exceptionally high. Two other seal species, the harp (the largest) and the hooded seal, frequent the same waters each fall after spending the summer in the Arctic. Around March, the females settle on the ice floe to give birth. What will happen if there is no more ice in the gulf?

The fear of a fall in reproduction can bring water to the mill of opponents of the seal hunt. After Paul McCartney came to stroke the seal pups in the Gulf of St. Lawrence in early March, Brigitte Bardot made a remarkable return to Canada, Wednesday March 22, twenty-nine years after a visit that had sparked a vast international campaign against hunting and a global boycott of seal products. This time she called for a new moratorium on commercial hunting from Ottawa, an "animal genocide" which she called "barbaric". On the Canadian side, it is argued that the hunt is humane and that the seal is in no way in danger. - |

It is true that the harp seal population would reach 5,8 million heads, three times more than in the 1970s, according to researchers from the Department of Fisheries and Oceans. "The herd is doing well and is abundant," said Minister Loyola Hearn on March 15, when he announced an increase - to 325 animals - in the sealing quotas for the 000 season which will start in early April.
Anne Pélouas (Montreal, Correspondent)
Article published in the edition of 24.03.06

I remind you that if the glaciers are melting, it is not natural, but it is indeed a consequence of global warming of which it has been proven that Man had a significant share !!!

* Signatures: 129,597
* Goal: 150,000
* Deadline: 3-29-2006

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... 1141307227
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Harper is not moved .....

by bojourvous5094 » 25/03/06, 04:20

(Canada decides to manage its ecosystems itself ...)

Stephen Harper does not intend to ban the seal hunt that will open on Sunday in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. The Prime Minister even said that Canada is the victim of an international propaganda campaign.

“Different governments [in Ottawa] have stepped up efforts over the years to make sure the seal hunt goes humanly. We strictly enforce the rules, "he said on Friday during a press conference.

Animal welfare associations and celebrities, such as ex-actress Brigitte Bardot and ex-Beatle Paul McCartney, have recently stepped up their efforts to force Canada to stop this activity.

After visiting an ice floe in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, earlier in March, the ex-Beatle and his wife Heather came back on Friday.

In a video message recorded in London, they proposed to the Government of Canada that they establish a program to buy back sealers' licenses, which they believe would allow them to get out of this controversy elegantly.

A Canadian animal rights organization even sent a check for $ 10 to Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams and Stephen Harper to encourage them to start such a program.

Photographs showing Paul and Heather McCartney with a whitecoat during their passage on the ice floe have been widely disseminated, although Canada has prohibited the hunting of baby seals since 1987.

As for Brigitte Bardot, she was in Canada this week to plead the end of this 'Genocide'
Prime Minister Harper refused to receive it in Ottawa.

Canada authorizes the slaughter of 325 seals this year. The federal government has argued that hunting poses no threat to the species, as the harp seal herd has almost tripled in the past 000 years, to 30 million today.