Containment: The Benefits of Coronavirus

philosophical debates and companies.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Containment: The Benefits of Coronavirus

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 15:40

Grelinette wrote:... I forgot to tell you that I blurred the telephone number of the pay service "Allo-Juris-Covid-19" ...
but rest assured, for 999 € ttc, I give it to you in MP!

I had called on a firm of this kind for free legal advice which was invoiced 240 euros for participation in the administrative costs (sic) ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/20, 16:01

Grelinette wrote:For some, the Covid-19 is a good idea for a marketing argument to try to scrape some money!

Venal scrapings are everywhere ... but when they take advantage of people's fear to enrich themselves or speculate on prices, they are über scrapings!

Like the batch of duck mask at 120 € or 10 times the normal price ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 20/03/20, 16:43

Christophe wrote:...
Venal scrapings are everywhere ... but when they take advantage of people's fear to enrich themselves or speculate on prices, they are über scrapings!

We would like this kind of language against all those who exploit fear, whether to enrich themselves or to speculate, or to manipulate opinion for ideological ends, such as certain "scrapings" of environmentalism. Unfortunately it is still one way.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/20, 16:50

Ah ah ah well tried Exni ... damn we were fine without you for a few days!

Creating fear for the COMMON GOOD, even in the more or less distant future, is very different from creating fear for personal enrichment !!

In this sense, I have always vomited on the commercial discourse of individual alarm systems ... this is only one example!

So I didn't miss you! And did I miss you? : Cheesy:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 17:02

Exnihiloest wrote:

We would like this kind of language against all those who exploit fear, whether to enrich themselves or to speculate, or to manipulate opinion for ideological ends, such as certain "scrapings" of environmentalism. Unfortunately it is still one way.

Dare to say the person who created the topic surfing on fear "The forgotten risks that we can see coming back" and who speaks of a green dictatorship and compares the environmentalists to the Khmer Rouge, affirming that with ecology we will see the plagues return from the middle ages. So you yourself are a "scrape" according to your own definition. CQFD
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 20/03/20, 18:05

Creating fear for the COMMON GOOD, even in the more or less distant future, is very different from creating fear for personal enrichment !!

Precisely NO, the method is the same (ignoble) and "the common GOOD" is the arbitrary view that every activist has of his fight.
For an Islamist, the common good is Islam, and fear is created in the name of the common good by terrorism, and there it is even worse than the enrichment.

Each or each group can, as you do, claim unilaterally what the common good would be and do anything, in particular using fear or even terror to achieve its ends. It is philosophically indefensible. Voltaire, help!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/03/20, 18:14

Unfortunately, the system that our friend defends exi seized environmentalism, originally directed against it (the system), and, according to an old dialectical habit, diverted it into a new source of profit (conforming to its essence!), by normative obsolescence ... :frown:
There is every reason to think that a "green" regime of an authoritarian nature would have the same objectives as all others of a similar nature: the monopoly of power, "greenness" being only the means of manipulating public opinion. this end.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 20/03/20, 19:15

Environmentalism would be naturally good, in essence (it smells like JJ Rousseau illusions), and manipulation by fear would only be a sign of its manipulation by the bad guys : Lol: . In this case, it will be necessary to clearly eliminate the manipulators of fear who act through environmentalism. Greta Thunberg, Al Gore ...

I don't know if you are aware that your position has something religious about it. For believers, God is good, so if on earth it is bad, it is man's fault. This is what Christians have been telling us for centuries, making men feel guilty. Famines and epidemics were divine punishments because man did not conform sufficiently to the dogmas of the Church.
Today rebels with ecologism. It suffices to replace "God" by "Nature", and we have exactly the same thing. Nature is beautiful and clean, and man messed up everything. Reheating ? his fault, and his punishment! Pollution ? his fault, and his punishment! Enter all my very dear brothers in the Church of Ecologism, scrupulously follow its dogmas, propagate its good word, and we the high priests promise you paradise for you and your children. Otherwise, they tell us as the Christians told us, your life will be hell, that of murderous pollution and the heatwave that will cook us like merguez on the barbecue, until the species disappears. .

When you say that the "system" that I would defend manipulates ecologism, it is the type of position that the Catholic hierarchy had saying that the devil is there who tempts us and manipulates us.
The enemy is designated, the consumer society that tempts us, the savior is designated, ecology of which ecologism would be the temple, and what each has to do is established: follow the good word of the environmental savior, but of the "real" eh, not devils who would manipulate him. At this level of Manichaeism, I'd be kidding if I didn't know that so many people are ready to swallow this message like choir boys.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/03/20, 19:23

On the one hand, religious defending the invisible, the non-existent, the pure fantasy, on the other, activists who fight against the destruction of biotopes, pollution, entropic warming, and good for the spirit of Tryphon, " God "and" Nature ", the abstract and the concrete, they are all the same!
Damn, if that's a scientific, sharp and informed spirit, live the idiots!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/03/20, 20:12

Ecology has no essence, so this objection falls flat ... But it is ready to have one, which will be the one we want to give it and, of course, hence the danger that it does not see itself decked out with the content that generated it by reaction.
The religious aspect is consubstantial with the human, I therefore do not reject it and it is present, whether the reference is a hypostatic nature or whether the deified and omnipotent human of transhumanism ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Society and Philosophy"