To death the electric car ... and fast !!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: To death the electric car ... and fast !!

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/03/19, 20:49

Christophe wrote:If you can afford an 30 0000 110 electric car, I think you can pay for a photovoltaic solar system at 000 € right? 5000 € invested in PV is enough to erase a large part (or even following the annual km and the location of the installation) of the road power consumption !!!

Unfortunately the expected are the same ... I know it's hopeless.

Except that here it is the manufacture of all solar installation components in billions of copies ... which will be problematic : Mrgreen:

Sorry to seal the mood : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 20:51

The expected ??? : Shock:

nico239 wrote:Except that here it is the manufacture of all solar installation components in billions of copies ... which will be problematic : Mrgreen:

And the billion thermal cars to renew ?? Is he going to come out of the bell fairy hat or the factories?

"We" are firing red balls on the energy and materials used in the manufacture of electric cars, but we forget to say that thermal cars are not made from scratch !!

So before shooting, you should know the eco balance sheet of manufacturing a thermal car !! I don't know him precisely (and it's not for lack of looking) but I know how heavy, how heavy! The official figures are pipetted, we proved it here: new-transport / manufacturing-and-a-car-and-environment-figures-t8713.html Auto manufacturers lie openly! (kissing of course)

We could talk about the ecological cost of maintaining a thermal car ... to do it right!

For the anecdote, I regularly pass near a PSA foundry ... and it stinks for miles ... and, as a reminder, we are in 2019!
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/03/19, 20:57

Christophe wrote:The expected ??? : Shock:

As for the electric car previously ...

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but it is from the moment you start to mention the fact of supplying the entire planet that problems arise.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/03/19, 20:59

Christophe wrote:The expected ??? : Shock:

nico239 wrote:Except that here it is the manufacture of all solar installation components in billions of copies ... which will be problematic : Mrgreen:

And the billion thermal cars to renew ?? He will come out of the bell fairy hat ??

We fire red bullets on the energy and materials of electric cars as if thermal cars were made without energy or materials!

So before shooting, you should know the eco balance sheet of manufacturing a thermal car !! I do not know it precisely but I know that it is heavy, very heavy! The official figures are pipetted, we proved it here: new-transport / manufacturing-and-a-car-and-environment-figures-t8713.html Auto manufacturers lie openly! (kissing of course)

For the anecdote, I regularly pass near a PSA foundry ... and it stinks for miles ... and we are in 2019!

Don't get mad ... I'm just saying that all the solutions are hopeless ....

Like all the remedies made by ecologists against wind farm installations because it is a visual, noise or even bird chopper pollution : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 21:01

I never said that we had to supply the entire planet with EV overnight ...have horses been replaced by heat engines overnight? It took decades! And more than a century in agriculture!

On the other hand, it is easier (economically and ecologically) to generate renewable electricity than oil ... all the more if it is green!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 21:06

nico239 wrote:Don't get mad ... I'm just saying that all the solutions are hopeless ....

Not true: there are worse than others! : Mrgreen:
Sorry it's the teacher who bristles at me again ... I really want to take it apart in public and RTBF with it!

nico239 wrote:Like all the remedies made by ecologists against wind farm installations because it is a visual, noise or even bird chopper pollution : Mrgreen:

So they would do well to eat their party card or put it or I think! Or do the 2nd then the 1st solution ... it will remind them of the return to simple things! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

There is nothing worse, in my eyes, than an anti nuclear activist who teaches lessons ... who heats with electricity in France ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 21:19

Have a quick question at university teacher!! : Cheesy:

What is the overall eco balance sheet (manufacture, use, recycling) of the billion lead-acid batteries which equip the billion terrestrial cars currently in circulation?

You have 1h30 to return your copy !!
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/03/19, 21:26

Christophe wrote:I never said that we had to supply the entire planet with EV overnight ...have horses been replaced by heat engines overnight? It took decades! And more than a century in agriculture!

On the other hand, it is easier (economically and ecologically) to generate renewable electricity than oil ... all the more if it is green!

Yes, I totally agree but it is also useless to hide that it will increase in power and that therefore necessarily it will ALSO pose a problem one day or the other ... : Mrgreen:

I play devil's advocate on the spot but the problem does not lie so much in one or the other form of transport but in the disproportionate number of individuals to supply and the conditions under which this supply is made.

This is why I say that it is hopeless because I see more problems than solutions whatever the option chosen.

Perhaps there is a study that made this calculation of the viability of mass production
I say anything
- 1/3 of electric vehicles
- 1/3 petroleum
- 1/3 hydrogen
Unless you can do four quarters with another energy or more
1 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 05/03/19, 22:42

Christophe wrote:
Gildas wrote: And the circuit is ultra short compared to the hydrocarbons that need refining and routing ... |

We could also talk about the oil wars (and all that this entails!), The black tides, the pollution, the oil corruption, the human rights abuses related to oil or gas ... etc etc ...

Gildas wrote:By the way, 6 liters of hydrocarbon (what a car consumes at 100 with a person on board) represents approximately 60 - 70 kw the equivalent of 15 000 to 18 000 km in electric bicycle : Shock:

6 L = 6 * 10 kWh = 60 kWh PRIMARY or approximately 20 kWh "useful" ... (30% efficiency)

Be careful not to make the same mistake as the teacher of RTBF who mixes everything ...

An electric bike is 5 to 10 Wh per km depending on driving conditions ... these 20 kWh "useful" would therefore allow between (20 / 000 and 5 / 20) 000 to 10 km ...It is still 40 20 times better than a car ... thermal or electric it's the same since an electric car consumes roughly 200 Wh per km or 20 kWh 100 ...

When I tell you that the individual car (electric or not) is an energetic scam it's not for nothing, the rest here: new-transport / car-the-future-of-t6803.html

6 L = 6 * 10 kWh = 60 kWh PRIMARY or approximately 20 kWh "useful" ... (30% efficiency)

On an internal combustion engine. But 60 kW in a battery, there will be little loss in using this energy with an electric motor.

An electric bike is 5 to 10 Wh per km

I don't have an EV, but here the autonomy with an EV is more optimistic:
https://www.amsterdamair.fr/blog/consei ... ollandais/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 22:51

Gildas wrote:

On an internal combustion engine. But 60 kW in a battery, there will be little loss in using this energy with an electric motor.

60 kWh please ... h is important.

You cannot transform 6 L of petrol into 60 kWh electric because it lacks the transformation efficiency (petrol to electric).

Gildas wrote:
An electric bike is 5 to 10 Wh per km

I don't have an EV, but here the autonomy with an EV is more optimistic:
https://www.amsterdamair.fr/blog/consei ... ollandais/

Never trust a commercial site ... but this one has many orders of magnitude compatible with my statement:

Bike_autonomy.jpg
Vélo_autonomie.jpg (63.05 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

1st line: 266 Wh for 33 km = 8 Wh / km, 89 = 3 Wh / km ... I said 5 Wh / km at 10 Wh / km ... is that it must be flatter with them than at home! : Cheesy: or that I'm more lazy : Cheesy:
1 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."