Artificial Intelligence: innovations and novelties, ethical debate ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Artificial Intelligence: innovations and novelties, ethical debate ...

by Macro » 18/02/24, 13:40

0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/24, 13:56

Macro wrote:https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeSKbyNh/

unreadable without toctoc account : Arrow: trash can
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/02/24, 08:51

I just tried it from my PC not linked to my toctoc account it works.. It was just a video of Depardieu in Red Dead 2
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/02/24, 09:06

Not at home, I have the obligatory registration popup which remains in front of the video...it's very cumbersome...tiktok must have detected that you were already registered in one way or another.. .

Anyway, no problem, I understood what it was... a Depardieu skin. :) quite far from deep fake video fake news anyway...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/02/24, 11:21

A little more worrying...

“What the hell ChatGPT?” »: the AI ​​has lost its pedals and we don't know why

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/ins ... 7ae35&ei=6
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/24, 12:33

https://www.01net.com/actualites/quand- ... dales.html

OpenAI reveals the cause of the ChatGPT crisis

Alerted by these numerous testimonies, OpenAI quickly confirmed the existence of a malfunction. The start-up announced that it was investigating the origin of the problem. This was promptly identified and corrected by the developers. In a message published on its website, OpenAI reveals that “optimization of the user experience” is at the origin of the nervous breakdown of artificial intelligence. Apparently, this update "introduced a bug in the way the model processes language."

As OpenAI explains, ChatGPT, like all generative AI, “generates responses by randomly sampling words” based on probabilities. To answer your questions, the chatbot simply relies on the most likely sequence of words after your initial query. Each word is represented by a token, the smallest unit of data processed by an AI model. Tokens play a crucial role in how AI models understand and generate text. OpenAI specifies that numbers correspond to tokens, which themselves correspond to a word, a character, or part of a word (such as syllables or subwords).

In this case, a bug disrupted “the step where the model chooses these figures” to develop its answers. Following the update, "the model chose slightly wrong numbers, which produced sequences of words that made no sense." This poor choice of numbers resulted in poor choices of words, generating sentences without the slightest meaning.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/24, 12:34

I didn't understand anything, I think I'll ask ChatGPT to explain it better... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/03/24, 14:04

I'm a computer or applications dunce.
I would like to try image creation, for something basic.
Trouble with copilot. Just to know if this is possible for me without subscribing...
To run you need a minimum Win10 version of 23H2, I have 22H2..
Requires a version of Microsoft365. I have an obsolete one in 2018, which works...
Copilot was willing to give me his research, but had to connect to his personal Microsoft account...? ? ? How I use it every day...lol
In short, at one point he was kind enough to respond to my expectations. : roll:
More or less. But misunderstandings persist endlessly.

I asked for a drawing (to illustrate the top of a child's bench), on a circle of 21.5cm in diameter with a clearance in a central hole of 5 x 2 cm, where nothing should fit (in fact, it is to pass your fingers through it to transport it).
With a (fictitious) first name << JULOT >> and the date of birth << January 2, 2024 >>
With the writing of the letters in curved to accompany the curvature of the circle.
=> no problem...
So he gave me wonderful illustrations (around twenty in each plate of 4, each time I ask for details), but he always bugs indefinitely with the date of birth which is always << 21.5 cm >> and systematically there is always an illustration filling the central part or the first name or a beautiful child's face...
At the end of these photos he asked me to move on to another request (a different request?)
I suppose to leave only the correct date of birth, I will not specify the dimensions (21.5cm)...
But how can I explain to him that the central part is free from inscription?

First offer him a blank whiteboard to decorate, with its recess in the middle and ask him to illustrate only the white?
(Also, I don't know if I'm in a one month Coilot trial period? Or is it good for a while?)

I would like to try to pyroengrave this drawing with a 5W laser engraver which I have not yet mastered. Without the paid software I would just submit the photo to reproduce (with the gradients), in the right dimensions on 6mm plywood... To be continued
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/03/24, 14:08

Copilot is completely free as long as you have a Microsoft account (hotmail, live...) and you must use EDGE...it's included in it...

On the other hand, I have already seen several bugs, particularly with image generation...sometimes I receive things in ASCII or text... : Shock:

Yes you will never have the perfect result at the beginning, you have to refine gradually...Without certainty of having what you want.

At worst you retouch by hand afterwards.

Several times I abandoned image generation projects because it didn't understand anything and it was running in a loop despite my instructions!! : Shock: : Lol:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/03/24, 14:16

https://copilot.microsoft.com/
Ok thank you for the clarification on the validity.

Yes, he gave me an answer on two occasions only with a blank page with a well-centered first name (ordinary calligraphy), without researching a drawing : Cheesy:
The illustrations are magnificent but the writing and my central hole screw up my project. :(

Yeah, not encouraging.
At first as I completed my request more precisely, it seemed that he had skipped previous information. So, I reassured him of the integrity of the text.
Is there a way to pose your request differently to get through these crippling bugs?
0 x