wooden house kit / timber

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

response to PITMIX

by jean63 » 10/01/06, 00:00

Hello,

Indeed, the only advantage of aluminum is that there is no maintenance to do BUT from the ecological point of view it is a disaster: I do not have the figures from the energy point of view but it is huge: between electrolysis, fusion to obtain alloys of aluminum, rolling ... etc and all the operations of passage in tempering furnaces and others (I know well, I worked during 20 years at Pechiney, the factory that makes the sheets for Airbus).
At isolation is a cat except with profiles with "baffles" and insulation which are very expensive .... that may no longer exist.
I know very well all that to myself a lot of research before and during construction ...... 20 years ago!
You're quite right: wood + 15 cms (or 20 in the roof) of mineral wool, it is a super-insulation, but I live in Auvergne and it is ....... I'm the highest standard insulation.
I see that you are very knowledgeable not only in the Pantone (I think?) But also !! insulation.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A claude07

by jean63 » 10/01/06, 00:12

I can not tell you what is best for I do not know the hardwood.
What I can tell you is that from a wood treatment point of view I'm normally quiet for the rest of my life .... except maybe if the climate gets warmer and the termites go back to the North (for now no detection in Puy-de-Dôme).
But my house is fine "isolated" from the ground (earth): 60 cms in height girders of reinforced concrete, it is raised.
Anyway, it is a rule for wooden houses.
The only thing from the standpoint of ambient air pollution, it is not put into chipboard for floors as they give off formaldehyde. This is very bad for health. there is not a home. I knew it at the time, but it was spoken nowhere, just the Germans were a little ahead of us to denounce the harmful products in the home ...... I could fill you full pages. A +.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 10/01/06, 01:34

jean63 wrote:It is a wood frame house consisting of juxtaposed panels (consisting of CTBX plywood and wood treated under pressure autoclave, the spacing of the sleepers is 60 cms to be easily put rockwool). For a simple plan is assembled very quickly because the panels come ready (prefabricated in workshop).
This house was put out of water in 3 weeks after the passage of the masons: only instruction for them => respect the level (it must be perfect). Then, it's a breeze: I did all the exterior cladding (the builder left me his scaffolding for the upper parts for 2 weekends, for the rest I managed on my own. then do all the interior insulation in rock wool (not funny because it stings and you have to put on a mask for the lungs) ...

there is a controversy over sèrieuse wood autoclaved; we found a lot in the squares, the stakes of some fences, in the course of nursery: This wood is treated with arsenic, hello children who lick it and for the environment!
Rockwool as glass wool are doomed to be prohibited, it is a beautiful shit that is still used.
I regret having brought home the glass wool in the attic Despite the protective veil; over the years the ceiling battens will diverge and miss this carcinogenic dust.
For rock wool is worse because most end with a bonus: we had strongly recommended me to put in the walls because the latter has the unfortunate tendency to absorb moisture ..
The solutions is hemp, sheep's wool or lavender straw that which we know not to do with us.

PITMIX wrote:Hello jeans.

If I recall me the wood is one of the most insulating materials (thermal conductivity 0,23 w / m. ° C) compared to its thickness. It is true that rock wool only 0,047w / m. ° C.
To have the same thermal resistance should be a wall autoclaved aerated concrete.

There was a time when cellular concrete houses were very popular modes ... but not too strong, careful cracks!
A boy I know told me the misadventure of a couple who had been burgled:
The robbers have returned to the house without any problem. The couple back from their races arrive and go home without suspecting anything.
The girl told her father a inquiètte way: "Daddy said you saw the big hole there in the dining room wall?" There was a gaping hole made with a simple chainsaw!
: Lol:
gerald wrote:If you want to see what looks like a portable sawmill, see my website: http://www.soleol.net
Gérald

For the avoidance of doubt, it is true that you do outsourced manufacturing your kits?
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
claude07
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by claude07 » 10/01/06, 08:55

Given the ecological house magazine, the fiber panels of wood or wood wool are more isolated summer and winter than any other insulating with hemp. Moreover it's natural.

For the sawmill is interresant but fat the lore!
hard hard when you are not in the art. this must not deceive.

jean: no plate aglo, okay.
0 x
gerald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald » 10/01/06, 09:00

For the avoidance of doubt, it is true that you do outsourced manufacturing your kits?

Hello,
Yes, I clearly specifies the site, my kits are laser cut and a professional welder mig welded to the "box" of the bubbler, the rest I do archery and the coil is silver soldered
Gérald
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/06, 09:05

Me it is the commercial agreement terms (royalities I find illegal but ...) you to Apte reverses that interest me ...
0 x
gerald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald » 10/01/06, 09:30

Me it is the commercial agreement terms (royalities I find illegal but ...) you to Apte reverses that interest me ...

For my car kits, I reverse anyone. For Spad, I have nothing developed, I have not needed to do testing, research ... one passes me the plans and a manufacturing technique for a product that has proven itself, I located normal to donate a small percentage. My accountant find it perfectly correct.
I know you're going to tell me that the Spads who went to the test bench were not conclusive. I recognize that there is one more mystery because I say that on my sawmill that I know well (there are many other examples), under normal climatic conditions, reduced its consumption of 46%. Farmers are not fools, they know how to count and are very tough in business. An 140 cv can consume 250litres / day, if we put, if only 1 / 3 less, it shows and we have nothing to do with what can display a test bench.
Gérald
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/06, 09:42

I do not doubt the effectiveness of the system but in his mastery by sellers kit!

And sorry but the R&D was done by: quanthomme and us (this forum ) in any case by Apte who is content to repoint the information and to be evasive or to ignore when they are asked for feedback ... Pkoi such a reaction? Because I'm not part of their "world" is that it?

I know if you read this page, but I advise you to: https://www.econologie.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=1520

Once again I repeat: I gave the first information on tractor mounting Millet .... but obviously what is given is given ... I just feel like I was betrayed or at least put away ... It is this lamentable behavior that I accuse!
0 x
claude07
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by claude07 » 10/01/06, 09:58

: Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
My topic this turns into pantome !!
: Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
Last edited by claude07 the 10 / 01 / 06, 10: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/06, 10:12

Yes we apologize ...

Refocus gentlemen! : Lol:
0 x