Company: surplus, consumption by terror

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Company: surplus, consumption by terror

by Christophe » 18/06/13, 14:10

A documentary about our CONSOMMATION society ...

Therefore mounted as a series of clips-not ordinary pubs on the form, this documentary takes an anti-consumer attitude and shows interesting elements on the bottom. A film as confusing the consumer society he denounces, although the proposed release may not be to everyone's liking. Everyone will then be his personal opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He6W4mXHgEc
0 x
mariusui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mariusui » 19/09/13, 11:19

Superb documentary! I had already seen it and I find it really upsetting. This is one of the reasons why I want to devote my activity to the protection of the ozone layer and the environment in general.

I only 1 problem with myself. I have a hobby that contradicts my commitment. As mentioned in my presentation, I like to play games on the web, here for example. Do some of you have passions, such as motorsports for example, who are not especially ecologists? : Shock:
0 x
Act in an ecological approach to the lungs of the planête!
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/13, 11:46

Uh yes we plead guilty your honor!

Not bad bikers are here econologistes see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moto-passi ... t1934.html

: Cheesy:

Then we like to fly too: https://www.econologie.com/forums/videos-aer ... 11153.html
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 19/09/13, 14:05

Super doc finally the proposal to return to the Stone Age is a little excessive but I pretty much agree. This is very similar to descending ideas (Paul Aries, Pierre Rabih). It is also true that the manifs that do not serve much unless they are violent ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/09/13, 19:54

I think the need to return to the Stone Age is a conceptual necessity, but can not justify that only through this narrow focus.
This is quite evident when we examine the "realistic ecological compromises" which, far from coming close to solutions, stick patches to the problem.

On the question of violence is addressed in this film, it would probably legitimate if clear ideas about the goals and means of achieving them existed; However, if these conditions were met, violence would be useless ...
In the current state, violence would only come up against more violence and increase the general level of violence ...

On the futility of protests on the grounds of inefficiency, again, it is possible to disagree with the comments supported: it is important to show that there are discordant voices and the event is an opportunity to do ; Moreover, making efficiency a key criterion seems a contradiction when it comes to fighting a system that is destroying the world precisely because of its extreme efficiency.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/09/13, 22:48

Ahmed wrote:On the question of violence is addressed in this film, it would probably legitimate if clear ideas about the goals and means of achieving them existed; However, if these conditions were met, violence would be useless ...
In the current state, violence would only come up against more violence and increase the general level of violence ...

Indeed, the violence only strengthens securitarianism ...
Revolutionary movements often see in such measures a certain forms of salvation, when in reality this type of action only reinforces the powers that be and often leads to the death of innocents.
The study of history shows brilliantly, moreover, that most violent acts known as "revolutionary" are in fact orchestrated by intelligence services manipulating useful idiots ...

The violent act as solutions to complex problems are often the work that disturbed individuals and limited intelligence.

I think the need to return to the Stone Age is a conceptual necessity, but can not justify that only through this narrow focus.

It's pretty sad to see that as soon as we talk about decay, we're talking about going back to the Stone Age.
This idea is even more stupid that such action is totally inapplicable to the fact that in addition to not attract any suffrage it would cause the death of almost all of the people!
It is in fact an argument widely disseminated by the priests of the economy, the goal being to create a fear aiming to make believe that the only outcome of our species would be in the growth: "Without growth, there is no salvation ".

In reality if we continue in this "exponentialist" madness we will indeed end up in a Stone Age caused by an ecological catastrophe and / or a third world conflict!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/09/13, 10:40

Yes, in the religion of economics, Eden is achieved on earth, or in the process of being so, the Stone Age would therefore correspond to an exit from this garden. With, however, compared to the biblical myth, the difference that there is here a chronological inversion: it would be a return to a previous state, a kind of "fall" back !.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Company: surplus, consumption by terror

by moinsdewatt » 21/09/13, 14:23

The Mall of America, 42 million customers per year

IMAGES - Located in suburban Minneapolis, this mall is the most visited site in the United States. Dive in the largest factory in consumption of the planet.

LeFigaro 20 September 2013

The most visited site in the United States is a mall: the Mall of America. A giant located in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota, which could accommodate Airbus A32 380, 7 or baseball stadiums like the Yankees in New York, or 9 Eiffel towers. It has 520 shops, a theme park with roller coaster, an aquarium, cinemas, supermarkets 3. Between races, you can make a mini golf, lunch in a bistro, ride in a flight simulator or go to the movies: it is what is called the "shoppertainment". A concept which combines shopping and leisure and makes the Mall of America a destination in itself for millions of people.

By size, the Mall of America is the third largest mall in the world. There are bigger than him, the West Edmonton Mall in Canada, in the province of Alberta, and the Dubai Mall, which claims the title of number one.
But the Minneapolis Mall is by far the most popular. More 115.000 people cross its doors every day of the year except December 25 unique closing day. This represents almost 42 million consumers annually. To accommodate them, the Mall has set up an impressive infrastructure. It has 12.550 parking spaces and is powered by a powerful road network. Every morning and noon between 9, 300 trucks unload their cargo in the cargo area set up in the basement. Within ten minutes, there are 50 hotels representing over 8000 rooms. They provide their customers with free shuttles to the airport and the mall. A metro line running hours 22 24 connects to the megalopolis formed by Saint Paul and Minneapolis. Every day, the product center 2,5 tonnes of waste, most of whom are pensioners. As for the food thrown daily by 50 restaurants Mall, it helps feed the pigs 3500 a pig.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2013/09 ... par-an.php
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/09/13, 09:12

MoinsdewattThis commercial site is the new religion what Mecca for Muslims, St Peter's in Rome or Jerusalem for Christians, the Ganges for Hindus ... 8)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/09/13, 09:51

ahmed hello
With, however, compared to the biblical myth
what are the criteria according to which myth you can tax a story? :?
0 x