insulation of my cellar site: ITI, price calculation, photos ..

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/12, 20:20

Turn the shutter 180 ° ?? But keskil tells ???

Obamot wrote:You did not tell us what material was your window frame !!! :?:

Everything is aluminum: dormant, opening (but with 1 break ... it is always less worse), amount of shutters and shutter box (although the box may be sheet metal ...)

Hey otherwise I just thought of something: I have even less GSM network than before in the cellar ...these double-sided aluminum insulation would not make small faraday cages ???
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/12, 10:52

Christophe wrote:Hey otherwise I just thought of something: I have even less GSM network than before in the cellar ...these double-sided aluminum insulation would not make small faraday cages ???

Clarification: it is real aluminum which conducts electricity well, yesterday I did a little juice course when installing a panel on a 12V suspension with bare cables ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/12/12, 11:42

Can't answer your hypothesis, but it's quite possible.

on the other hand, you have to see the positive side: it works in both directions, it must therefore protect against electromagnetic smog ... (from <60 dB at 100 MHz to 100 dB at 100 MHz)

PS. on the other hand, it can also act as an “antenna”, so I advise you to connect the aluminum to the earth. These are not jokes! (lightning, ball lightning and other "happy" phenomena ... like the end of the Maya world). : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

Finally you will tell me that it is not used for much, since you are already armored Image
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 16/12/12, 13:21

Hi , *

a beautiful faraday cage as with IMR;) ... this says like di obamot should not complain and take the thing on the bright side;), who can receive the phone call from stepmother who says that she would come and change well on Sunday :) ... You have a special "good reasons" piece ...;)

Otherwise question (again) before you break the insulation was there a phenomenon?

this to find out where the water comes from :) , personally, I would say that if you did not have the phenomenon before when the place was closed but not isolated, it is not by what you put in the insulation that the problem appeared.
So it is that the water that condenses has been brought, suddenly I repeat that the amount of water used to make the plasters must go away in the form of steam at a time ... so this excess is entangled water will solve the problem.

On the other hand if you have posed a door frame modifying the air circulation, the I would say that the solution will pass by a small humidity-controlled extractor see quite simply a passive ventilation in the form of an opening on each door frame (the small slot that there must in the case 'a house without double flow vmc;), or principle of pressurizing the house to raise the heat to the floor).

What do you think ?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/12, 10:01

I confirm these panels do indeed an "interesting" electromagnetic protection (well it depends on the point of view).

In the cellar my mobile phone now falls between 1 and 2 bars (on 4 and on the ground floor it's always 4/4) and you just have to place it between 2 unilin panels (loose, not even "closed" in a cube) to let it fall to 0/4 ...

So houses that are fully insulated (wall and roof) with this type of insulation should not have much network inside.

It is still an aspect, in 2012, not to be overlooked ....
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 21/12/12, 10:07

Must see the 2 aspects. You receive less outside waves, but your cell phone emits more because it "compensates" for the lack of network.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/12, 10:07

Otherwise I ended up with insulating panels ...

I attack the finishes of the ceiling in PVC paneling which can be joined (on a promo I took advantage of this)

In the photo, the center line of the slats is still a bit large, I put intermediate slats for the following ...

I have a dozen unilun panels in rab ... I took the opportunity to make the ceiling of the bathroom, will make it a separate subject ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/12, 10:10

aerialcastor wrote:Must see the 2 aspects. You receive less outside waves, but your cell phone emits more because it "compensates" for the lack of network.

Exact!
But on condition that it passes ... because if very electromagnetically sealed, it may have nothing at all! Especially under the roof ...

Well there are always the openings which are permeable ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/12, 10:29

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/12, 15:08

bidouille23 wrote:Otherwise question (again) before you break the insulation was there this phenomenon?

This is to find out where the water comes from :) , personally, I would say that if you did not have the phenomenon before when the place was closed but not isolated, it is not because you put insulation that the problem appeared.

Ooooooops, I point that out, because it's powerfully reasoned!
It is far from trivial. Basically, each renovation site should be scrutinized WITH MAGNIFIER before finding the solutions "that go well". Because a good "inventory" is essential to understand how the construction behaves already - in the state - in its environment and with the fluctuations of temperature and degree of hygrometry (which it undergoes throughout. year), which often leave visible traces:
- trace / s of saltpeter, halo / s, change of color of the paint (or any other coating and even cement) in certain areas, peeling of the coating / s, crumbling / s, decay, difference in aging, dilation / s (or what do I know) causing cracks, sagging / s, oxidation, and of course air circulation which should not be done and / or trace / s of residual moisture. We understand better the usefulness of modern hygrometers which allow to measure the hygrometry rate inside a wall or a piece of wood, etc.

This is also why when we renovate, first we scrape, tear off, scrape, etc. all the suspect areas, widen the cracks to "hard", in short we put everything to the test. that falls or holds badly and it is systematically deleted ... if you do not want to start all over 3 months later ...!

bidouille23 wrote: So it is that the condensing water has been brought in, suddenly I repeat that the amount of water used to make the plasters must go away in the form of steam at a time ... so this excess is entangled water will solve the problem

Hence the observation of the above can lead to an amplifying effect, or on the contrary to a well thought out situation: therefore neutralization of the problem. Controlled and therefore controlled renovation. CQFD.
0 x