Farm for sale in Brazil for soy or bioethanol

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 16/06/11, 10:56

Investing in forests in France does not bother me, the impact is almost predictable.

Forests at the other end of the world are a whole different story, we don't have 1000 years of management / study behind as in Europe.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/06/11, 11:03

sherkanner completely and it is also that we do more anything there than at home in the absence of standards / law / police ...

lejustemilieu wrote:Christophe your answer amazes me terribly

Maybe because you don't understand what I mean (or I don't express myself well): I’m not saying it’s good to shave the virgin forest to make teak monoculture, I’m saying that it’s worse!

And I also say that monoculture does not mean the end of biodiversity, look at a forest of beech or oak trees from here ... Well, it can be the same with teak, right?

It depends on what essence we are talking about ...
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 16/06/11, 11:15

Christophe wrote:And I also say that monoculture does not mean the end of biodiversity, look at a forest of beech or oak trees from here ... Well, it can be the same with teak, right?

It depends on what essence we are talking about ...

Well, I have no idea how the teak evolves.
But when I hear Tek, my hairs bristle right away (and I have a lot of them : Cheesy: )

Beech and oak leaves room for undergrowth. The pines do not necessarily. For the teak, I don't know, and anyway, it is no longer the same type of forest, so I think that the impact of such a culture is difficult to assess.

To return to our sheep:
Your farms in Brazil use food crops to produce goods that are not.
Add to that that some investors artificially increase the demand on these resources to be able to earn more margin on food crops, and the market has a completely deregulated market and dependent only on the will of traders.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/06/11, 14:55

Totally agree with sherkanner:

It is impossible to replace what nature has created over millions of years.

forests, animals, in their diversity, possible unknown drugs, indigenous lifestyles, climate, etc ...

It probably is the worst as irreversible destruction and therefore it is necessary to keep a significant part of it, to generalize as the coastal conservatory, a useful souvenir for our small children !!

In Europe much has been destroyed in 2500 years and almost nothing remains of the original forests.
The Mediterranean is arid and mowed !!

The Landes had no forest more than 170 years ago, only sand and moors, like all of Europe in tundra and glaciers 20000 years ago !!

The biodiversity in Europe is therefore almost nothing compared to the much older equatorial forests 200 million years at least.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/06/11, 15:04

Deforestation ... Warning public warned ...
edited
Last edited by Macro the 16 / 06 / 11, 16: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/06/11, 15:23

Macro

You're a little funny with your adult site !! : Evil:

What is it doing here?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 16/06/11, 16:01

: Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/06/11, 21:46

in a forest of firewood, monoculture in beech or oak, biodiversity is flourishing ...

I am wrong?

Biodiversity depends above all on the type of monoculture ...

Christophe, you should speak squarely about "monocultural biodiversity", that would be a very nice oxymoron more!

Certainly nature tends to return from where it is hunted by reintroducing a minimal biodiversity, however the goal of a culture is not the preservation of the environment (it can obviously serve as an alibi!), only the economic aspect prevails.

It is the trick of economics to pretend to other purpose than itself.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/06/11, 23:32

Alain G wrote:Macro

You're a little funny with your adult site !! : Evil:

What is it doing here?

Thanks for erasing it :!:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."