Guide to fight against food waste (UCM)

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/01/12, 23:40

I said de_li_cate_ment (not break all the porcelain in the store ...) : Cheesy: in the fogger, you see ... You also have to cut a strip of the trunk if you see "rust" appear ... and it is better to have a very clean fridge, not those colonized by all kinds of things and smells (bleach from time to time ... and voila!).

And then there are varieties that are more fragile than others (such as very advanced salads like cabus) so they lose flavor before losing firmness ...

Try it and you will tell me news ...

PS: forgot for now with the grandmother ... ^^
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/01/12, 08:17

To keep a salad without rotting, just strip it and enclose it in a cloth which will keep as much moisture as necessary to absorb the excess moisture and store in the bottom of the fridge. The salad will keep crunchy for a few days. The same goes for preserving the bread (complete and organic it goes without saying!) By wrapping it in a cloth.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/01/12, 08:40

It can also work, but curiously by doing this, I also found that they lose more flavor and especially firmness (probably can no longer feed on the sap that has remained in the trunk) and more curious, they can wither on contact with each other, whereas if they are always integrated into the "trunk" they are part of a whole and tolerate themselves better and longer. So between the two I have a doubt ... Did you clearly make "statistics"? :-))))
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/01/12, 16:34

It can also work, but curiously by doing this, I also found that they lose more flavor and especially firmness (probably can no longer feed on the sap that has remained in the trunk) and more curious, they can wither on contact with each other, whereas if they are always integrated into the "trunk" they are part of a whole and tolerate themselves better and longer.

The ideal would be to keep the foot in the water to avoid dehydration of the plant, but this generally rots the first leaves. Otherwise, in fact, the flavor is lost the longer the preservation.
So between the two I have a doubt ... Did you clearly make "statistics"? :
I do not know if someone has risked statistics in this area, it is rather experience. Another thing, the red beet quickly dehydrates: immerse it in a bowl and it will rehydrate.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/01/12, 16:54

First reported cases of this new virus in France. Schmallenberg virus detected for the first time in Lorraine sheep
http://www.estrepublicain.fr/actualite/ ... s-lorrains

News that recalls the mad cow or the avian or swine flu. Will this result in a new refusal to consume meat?
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 12/02/13, 11:55

Hello here is a video of over consumption and mass production of food

sensitive souls refrain !

This deserves to be viewed and it's scary!
We are all in a world of overconsumption where these images show us
let man eat too much to his hunger or to his end! Anyway, look!

Click below

>> http://player.vimeo.com/video/57126054#at=0
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/13, 12:13

0 x
Grandaddy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grandaddy » 06/12/13, 17:15

Other pretty impressive figures on food waste here: http://viedoc.fr/gaspillage-alimentaire ... 16-octobre (go down to the middle of the page).

In this regard, this last link speaks of "quantities lost and wasted" in the world. Does anyone know the difference between lost and wasted? (for me, I think that sounds a bit synonymous but there must be a subtlety?)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/12/13, 17:50

grandadddy hello
a spoiling, moldy, spinning fruit is a lost product. A badly finished plate whose content goes to the trash, a non-fresh product whose expiration date has passed, an uncalibrated fruit, the trash of supermarkets: it is a waste whether on an individual or collective level.
On the other hand, peelings, fatty or nervous parts of meats, bones, skin, bones, etc. do not fall into these two categories.
0 x
Grandaddy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grandaddy » 06/12/13, 18:18

Janic wrote:grandadddy hello
a spoiling, moldy, spinning fruit is a lost product. A badly finished plate whose content goes to the trash, a non-fresh product whose expiration date has passed, an uncalibrated fruit, the trash of supermarkets: it is a waste whether on an individual or collective level.
On the other hand, peelings, fatty or nervous parts of meats, bones, skin, bones, etc. do not fall into these two categories.

Thank you for the details, I will go to bed less stupid:)
0 x