Is it necessary to work gratis unemployed (TIG)

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Is it necessary to work gratis unemployed (TIG)

by Christophe » 09/11/10, 14:16

After the pension debate, here is a new sociological subject which risks causing controversy ...:?

England wants to put unemployed people into forced labor

England is in the grip of controversy. The government wants to pass a project forcing the unemployed to volunteer for the community, which is not to everyone's taste.

Work and Pensions Minister Iain Duncan Smith has championed a controversial plan for compulsory labor for the unemployed as "a way to mend broken lives" and "to boost self-esteem". The project, details of which will be announced Thursday, aims to put unemployed people back to work 30 hours a week for 4 weeks under municipal programs, such as leaf pickup or gardening.

Obligation under penalty of elimination of unemployment

These programs will be compulsory, and the unemployed who refuse to take part will lose their unemployment benefit for at least 3 months. It is both a question of putting people back on the job or living on the black market, and of restoring a work ethic for people who have been unemployed for a very long time, the ministry explained.

(...)

Suite and source: http://www.rtlinfo.be/info/monde/europe ... ail-force/

My personal opinion is very mixed on the question assuming that the idea crosses the Channel:

a) yes it would avoid (perhaps) certain abuses but rare are the unemployed who decide to be it on their own (and especially to remain so).

b) we (the employer and the employee) already pay more than 50% of social security contributions and employers deducted from wages to finance, among other things, this unemployment ...

c) "voluntary forced labor" imposed by the State is the door open to the worst ...

Do I have to remind you that our States are already cheating us with regard to public deficits and debts whose interests represent 40% of the taxes that are paid to them?

So ok to do a "forced" activity for subsidized inactive (this is already the case with the RSA and RMI in France not) but in this case we remove (or greatly reduce) the system of social contributions ... hey hop on is found in an American system ...

An unemployed person is therefore not a thief (heard on the radio) because he has already paid his unemployment insurance ... what about the young unemployed (or more unemployed) who arrive on the "non-employment" market (also heard on the radio, I like it) ...

In fact this proposal is as if in the event of an insured road accident, you were no longer ... or rather as if the insurance changed its contract as soon as you had the accident ...: Shock: : Shock:

A bit easy no, but above all extremely dishonest ...

So we have to stop taking people for idiots .... but it is this kind of state abuse that happens and that can be accepted by the masses when we manipulate and "debilitate" ( : Evil: ) people from birth ... Read the topic on manipulations: https://www.econologie.com/forums/strategie- ... 10016.html

ps: if the States are in crisis it is above all their fault ... (debt, lifestyle, inertia, car subsidies ...)
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 09/11/10, 14:52

Debt bondage.

Old as the world, and I do not see how else to give.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servitude_pour_dettes
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...
et
Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 09/11/10, 14:54

They would do better to open reintegration centers / workshops for the jobs offered rather than create a sort of disguised "slavery".

PS: I just saw the Bondage for debt link, yes it fits well
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/10, 17:30

In fact, in Belgium this system already exists a little: there are lots of "sub-statutes" where the unemployed work at low cost for the employer: it is unemployment that pays them. (very often, the eco-advisers of municipalities, for example)
These statutes deserve it to put "the foot in the stirrup" to young people or to the "difficult" unemployed.

But these statutes, if they have the merit of being useful to communities and association have the immense disadvantage of taking the work of other unemployed people who want to work but are not in the conditions.

Take the example of road works: it is the job of quantity of workers with very low level of qualification (for example isssus of special education) and it is very well so.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 09/11/10, 17:39

Unpaid forced labor is either slavery
either forced labor
I do not see what right we should compel a person to work without a living wage in return.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/10, 18:57

Who talks to you about slavery: they will receive their compensation, as far as I know.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/11/10, 19:31

sad laugh

what is the driving force behind delinquency? see some making easy money while those who work honestly have more and more difficulty

being underpaid is a way to make the situation worse

there is only one remedy for unemployment! real work! so build factories to make useful things, and hire people paid at the normal rate!

forced labor as a sanction for an offense would not shock me, provided that only part of the salary is used to pay the sanction and that there is enough to live decently: suddenly in the world of unemployment this kind of sanction would become a reward! job security due to sanctions!

unemployment is a calamity which reverses all the values

this is THE PROBLEM of current society it is useless to take care of something else, as long as this problem is not solved everything will go from bad to worse ... I see on television the parliamentarians work on heap of bill ... the retirement is finished ... but they are in the decentralization, and all kind of other detail ... rubbish ... unemployment is the hole which makes sink the boat. .. the rest are details to waste your time
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 09/11/10, 19:48

The fact is that governments have the choice of policy: favor inflation and fight unemployment, or favor capital by clamping down interest rates to death, and therefore inflation ... to the detriment of l job ...

http://www.actuchomage.org/Vivre-le-chomage/le-nairu-quest-ce-que-cest.html
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff%C3%A9rence_entre_le_NAIRU_et_le_taux_de_ch%C3%B4mage_naturel

While this shortcut is crude, the fact remains that current policies outrageously favor capital ...
This is just one more maneuver to enslave the people ...
Basically, we take your work away, and if you find no other, we make you work at even cheaper than when you were squeezed like a lemon to the point that there are only seeds. .. : Evil:
It is clear that an economy without unemployment or very little unemployment could not be more cruel for companies which must then spend more in the pockets of their employees, who would then no longer hesitate to change "dairy" if necessary. ... Yet they would save on social contributions ...

Globalization is here, and we must think well of "harmonizing" and "leveling" social status, production costs, citizens' freedoms, etc ... and preferably downwards !!!

To me, it looks more like a big step towards slavery than anything else ...
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/11/10, 20:02

No, you have to take the root cause.

The culprit is not the one who loses his job, he is the one who cuts this job.

Each time a Boss relocates his jobs, or replaces a job with a machine, he would have to redeem himself from the company, by participating directly in the "war effort" and spending his 30 hours per month in go pick up the dead leaves so that you can continue to receive your salary.

Sure that by applying this rule, they would find other solutions .... : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/10, 20:03

elephant wrote:Who talks to you about slavery: they will receive their compensation, as far as I know.

Objection: these indemnities have already been prepaid by the social charges including unemployment insurance on the pay slip of the said indemnified ... and you are in Belgium and you know better than me the heaviness of the social charges in this country ...

Asking him to work for free is a social scam because he has already paid for ...

Reread my example with car insurance, it is exactly the same case: you have paid insurance but as soon as you need the insurance we change the conditions ... which private insurance would dare to do this without the trial at ass?

Now I am not against compensation for the compensated ... but in this case, we do it for ALL the compensated: long illnesses, disabled, retired, young scholars ... etc etc ...

There is no reason...

In this regard: should I remember that retirees weigh much more heavily in social systems than the unemployed ... Ben what they have paid for? Well yes just like the unemployed ...
0 x