Work less, earn more ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/08/07, 22:45

in fact, this is the structure of the solidarity system that has completely changed:

in 1750, you worked from 14 years to your death (early), it's your wife who did the laundry, and you died when the slightest pneumococcus took you where it should not.

Now, you're working to enrich your boss, of course, but also to pay for hospitals, schools, roads, garbage cans, the mutual of your old, the pensions of the unemployed.
Everything depends on what is called work: it's up to you to say that going to cut wood in the forest is a hobby.

So, feel free to say that stress kills when your boss pisses you off - that's actually true - but "hard and healthy work in the fields" wasn't a sign of long life for everyone, no more !

As for women, I propose that they be asked to choose: 2 healthy kids and a job taking against 4 kids on 8 who are dying and staying home.

The system can be improved, keep doing what you do: campaign, but not for clichés!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/08/07, 09:42

Certainly,

personally, I only groan on the foundations of our economy, based on compulsory expansion: stock market products, OPA verreuses, the increase of objectives, the destruction of knowledge for the pure profit of a few

it will not be able to expand infinitely, and every year we are condemned to do more than the previous year, work less, it is not won.

Otherwise, I inculcate the great principle of society to my children, reminding them that these roads, sidewalks, lampposts, squares ... belong to them, that they are the fruit of our collective work, our taxes ...
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 09/08/07, 10:12

For each deputy not re-elected the French will have to pay 417 120 Euros

At this rate, Juppé could well retire.
Even if I agree with the words of elephant, it's a bit like deciding yourself his golden parachute ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 09/08/07, 10:37

That said, even if their salary is raised to avoid corruption, for the expenses etc, which one can understand, once they are not more deputies, more corruption on this post, nor of expenses due to this one.
Golden parachute what ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/07, 12:43

+ 1 with Elephant, obviously we live better but speaking of the structure of social solidarity and unemployment I will add this ...

Hasn't the automation and mechanization of industry been made to "liberate" man from work, this exhausting work which literally "kills" (black faces ...)

The industries (primary and secondary) thus freed from their wage charges were able to generate more profits, thus allowing an increase in taxation in order to improve the social protection of "non-workers". And the circle was closed ...

All is of course possible only in a context where energy (non-human) is cheap.

The high rates of high unemployment in our Western European countries are a direct consequence of these mechanization and low-cost energy policies. (1000 times cheaper than human work). It will be very very difficult to reduce unemployment in the long run without increasing the cost of energy or reducing social protections.

Examples / consequences of this "liberalization" (with respect to labor) of man during the XXth century:

1) Agriculture: Increased productivity (= agricultural production / number of workers)
2) Paid Vacations and the Increase in the Leisure Industries
3) The permanent decrease in retirement age
4) We live better and better, surrounded by high-tech devices ... despite what many people think. Look at the pool explosion, if it's not a clue ...

In other words : it's the system that wants us to work less ... not the unemployed ... (contrary to the opinions of the financial and political analysts).

Conclusion of my thought: Would not a high unemployment rate (or rather a high rate of inactive / active) be a social evolution of society?

+ 1 with Maloche also ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/08/07, 14:45

Bonjour Christophe

Christophe wrote:+ 1 with Elephant, of course ....
+ 1 with Maloche also ...

At the risk of confessing that I am completely in the West ... I missed a step ... I never understood what you counted: + 1; + 1 on many different topics. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Christophe wrote:All is of course possible only in a context where energy (non-human) is cheap.

The high rates of high unemployment in our Western European countries are a direct consequence of these mechanization and low-cost energy policies. (1000 times cheaper than human work). It will be very very difficult to reduce unemployment in the long run without increasing the cost of energy or reducing social protections.

The " very very difficult to reduce unemployment "it is above all by keeping the system as it is without affecting the" fair "distribution of the wealth produced ...

The company lives, gives life to its employees, pays its social contributions and taxes but taps for everything else: environment, consequence of its choices guided only by the profit of some, social aspect ...

Between everything regulate and let everything do in the name of profit there is a vast area to explore ...

Mechanization, performance improvement to produce anything, even consuming energy, it should not be regretted compared to 'useless' human labor. Rather, we must reflect on the overall gain for the community and distribute the "benefits".

Example of "unnecessary" human labor; To produce the same part
- 2 people (a bit under pressure) are needed in France.
- 8 are needed in certain "emerging" countries.
The 1 ° holds the instructions.
The 2 ° reads the instructions.
The 3 ° is the technical gesture.
The 4 ° asks the third if it is well done.
The 5 ° is leader (that's enough in itself).
The 6 ° hides as it can its desire to yawn.
The 7 ° is there nobody knows why.
The 8 ° is there to ensure good working conditions. :x

Christophe wrote:3) The permanent decrease in retirement age

Not in France.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 09/08/07, 16:14

=> universal allowance? :D

Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/07, 16:39

Flytox wrote:At the risk of confessing that I am completely in the West ... I missed a step ... I never understood what you counted: + 1; + 1 on many different topics. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

This is the abbreviation of verb moresoyer: http://www.dico-des-mots.com/definitions/plussoyer.html

Quickly said it means that we agree and we get the idea / post of another member of a forum.

Flytox wrote:Mechanization, performance improvement to produce anything, even consuming energy, it should not be regretted compared to 'useless' human labor. Rather, we must reflect on the overall gain for the community and distribute the "benefits".

Yes, but we must not cry the consequences that such choices have resulted in: fewer and fewer assets compared to the total population in our countries ...

Flytox wrote:Example of "unnecessary" human labor; To produce the same part
- 2 people (a bit under pressure) are needed in France.
- 8 are needed in certain "emerging" countries.

Uh ??? It would not be the other way around? : Cheesy:

An internship at SNCF's technical workshops would convince you otherwise ... : Mrgreen:

Flytox wrote:Not in France.

Oh? Can you develop?

During the XXI century I doubt that the retirement age has risen ...

Do I need to remind you that France is one of the European countries where the legal retirement age is the lowest? If you add the 35h ... it does one of the European countries where we work the least in our life...

In Belgium alone it is 65 years and 38h per week ... it does not hurt more active hours by assets before retirement ... am I wrong?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 09/08/07, 18:28

Christophe wrote:
Flytox wrote:Not in France.

Oh? Can you develop?

During the XXI century I doubt that the retirement age has risen ...

I think this is the passage of the contribution period that went from 37.5 years to 40 years in 1993 under the Balladur government.

Christophe wrote:Do I need to remind you that France is one of the European countries where the legal retirement age is the lowest? If you add the 35h ... it does one of the European countries where we work the least in our life...

In Belgium alone it is 65 years and 38h per week ... it does not hurt more active hours by assets before retirement ... am I wrong?

Probably true on the average, not on a case by case basis, not everyone is at 35 pure hours, there are those who are in overtime compulsory and at + 10% who have lost 1 days off.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/07, 18:59

Sorry but I push the nail:

Better 37,5 years to 39h or 40 years * to 35h?

ps: exceptions we always find Delnoram ...

* applicable only for "non" privileged ...
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."