Enter the Void, a movie about hallucinatory drugs (DMT) and the Tibetan Book of the Dead

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 08/03/11, 07:26

highflyaddict wrote:
verdes wrote:...
Never tried the mushrooms, too scared to pick up bad : Lol:

You can also cultivate them yourself, it is very rich of lessons elsewhere ... 8)

Agree with your opinion on the movie! : Cheesy:

rich at what level?
Gardening or allucination? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/11, 10:20

I see that verdes is an insider ... Image

: Cheesy:
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 08/03/11, 15:11

verdes wrote:Gardening or hallucination? : Cheesy:

Both of course! : Cheesy:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/03/11, 21:53

What do you mean Green ?

Do you mean that you have already taken substances that make you "high" in the truest sense of the word to see the equivalent of the images in the film?

What, where, how much? Image
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/03/11, 19:12

This morning a nice gentleman gave me this:

This is the "Ultimate" edition of Enter the Void (2 dvd + 1 BR + Book) @ 40 € on Amazon: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0040JUUAW

ImageImage

Well, I'll have to look at it an 4ieme time in 3 months : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/03/11, 21:34

We can say that you became addicted : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/03/11, 22:27

Hihih it's clear, yeah but I was already before, then better to be film than DMT or other products of the film eh ... : Wink: : Mrgreen:

This is perhaps the genius of this movie: we become addicted !!

The menu of the disc is, logically, hallucinating ...

On the other hand, the bonus trailers (3D piranha, tournament and other turnips ...) it does not hurt a lot ... but I think that Gaspar did not have a say ...

The other bonuses seem great ... Not done yet!
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 28/04/11, 11:56

I saw that a while ago.

I like technically what this director does. He has a talent for finding really different approaches with his camera, in terms of rendering images, staging, shooting.

In terms of rhythm, I really suffered from the length / slowness of the film, but I think it fully participates in the impact of the infinite side of the hell that is staged. So I suffered but I do not consider it a defect: p

Well whatever happens, Gaspar's films do not come out unscathed. I think that's why they never leave indifferent. I discovered this director with Irreversible that everyone had advised me ... I loved it. Here it is a little more mixed, but surely because it bothered me even more than irreversible.

The ideas conveyed by this film are either disturbing or present aspects of life, the world, that we would prefer not to know or see. It's hard to ignore the rejection or despair it causes. I think we must be naturally inclined to melancholy or thirst for reality to support and love this type of cinema. In any case, if we look for ease, we must clearly go his way!
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/11, 12:05

Good review sat (for the lengths, I think quite the same, painful but useful, then there is a short version of 2h20 vs 2h40)

Level "uneasiness", it seems, Gaspar's first film is even worse (I say "as it seems" because I haven't seen it yet.)

It is "Alone against all":

In my opinion it is worse than irreversible ... : Shock:
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 28/04/11, 15:17

Christophe wrote:Level "uneasiness", it seems, Gaspar's first film is even worse (I say "as it seems" because I haven't seen it yet.)

It is "Alone against all":

In my opinion it is worse than irreversible ... : Shock:

I look at that, but I have a very cinefil colleague who recommended me to start by looking at Carne before. It is a medium-film which is preliminary to Alone against all. Apparently according to him alone against all, irreversible and enter the void are a trilogy!

I must examine this carefully :)
0 x
--

Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.