Bluetec: "clean" diesel according to Mercedes

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Bluetec: "clean" diesel according to Mercedes

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 16:22

A priori it looks strangely like the Honda system, with ammonia to neutralize NOx.

Same constraints: diesel containing less than 15 ppm of sulfur (not distributed in France to date):

August 14, 2007

Clean diesel engine for Mercedes-Benz

The German automaker is preparing to launch the Mercedes E300 Bluetec in Europe, the first car with a clean diesel engine.

Mercedes-Benz, whose models with Bluetec technology were sold in North America last year, says the E300 Bluetec meets the emission standards set by Euro 5.

The sedan is equipped with a 3.0-liter V6 turbo diesel engine, and 211 horsepower. On the acceleration side, the model goes from 0 to 96,6 km / hour in less than 7,2 seconds, with a maximum speed of 246,6 km / h.

The Bluetec system uses advanced technology, including a multi-stage fuel exhaust treatment system, a diesel particulate filtration system to reduce emissions without compromising performance or fuel economy. Mercedes plans to use this technology on all diesel models within two years.

Marketing in North America will include the following models: GL, M and R-Class.
Last edited by jean63 the 01 / 02 / 08, 17: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 16:45

We don't understand ... it'sAdBlue ?
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 17:05

Christophe wrote:We don't understand ... it'sAdBlue ?

maybe ... ammonia too.

What I read this morning in an old car from January 2007 is that Mercedes developed this system for the USA and Germany in 2007. The combination of ammonia and NOx produces nitrogen (NOx removal) but you need a diesel containing less than 15 ppm of sulfur which is not the case in France currently !!

I found, there are 4 successive "pots" !!! =>

http://www.forum-auto.com/automobile-pr ... 356063.htm

(January 2006 - cleanest diesel in the world - maintenance-free FAP).

Is this the same system as the one used by Honda (see the other post)? it looks like it because they talk about ammonia =>

https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-diesel- ... t4757.html
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 17:21

Good jean, that's nothing against you and this info but I'm tired of hearing about a "clean" engine !! This is a false name for the consumer ... and in addition its legitimizes his behavior (my car is clean, so I can use it as I want) ...

All of this is an unprecedented commercial scam !! What do environmental and consumer organizations do?

I will create a subject for reflection on this subject ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 17:28

Christophe wrote:Good jean, that's nothing against you and this info but I'm tired of hearing about a "clean" engine !! This is a false name for the consumer ... and in addition its legitimizes his behavior (my car is clean, so I can use it as I want) ...

All of this is an unprecedented commercial scam !! What do environmental and consumer organizations do?

I will create a subject for reflection on this subject ...

We're not going to quibble over words.

... "clean" is relative to diesel spitting out its particles, its NOx its suffers ... etc.

You know that I am anti-diesel, but there you have to recognize that they have done a lot to clean up, knowing that diesel sends less CO2 than petrol and LPG ...... that I know more to discussions on LPG.

This depollution system, I discovered it this morning. I only knew the FAP from PSA with cerine and "maintenance" at 80000 kms to evacuate the soot.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 17:35

If we are going to chippot! It is as important as GMOs ...

Anyway it's too late: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moratoire- ... t4760.html

ps: if you had read the site you would have known AdBlue for a while;)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 17:54

Christophe wrote:If we are going to chippot! It is as important as GMOs ...

Anyway it's too late: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moratoire- ... t4760.html

ps: if you had read the site you would have known AdBlue for a while;)

I had read the adBlue but it is for trucks. No one has ever talked about the Mercedes Bluetec system, or else I missed this episode.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bluetec: "clean" diesel according to Mercedes

by Leo Maximus » 01/02/08, 19:31

jean63 wrote:A priori it looks strangely like the Honda system, with ammonia to neutralize NOx.

The principle is very old since we already talked about it in the years ... 70! Hitachi had a NOx reduction catalyst system by injecting ammonia on its public works machinery. PSA should present its own system soon.

10 Mercedes "clean diesel" taxis entered service in January in Japan. This is the first time that there are diesel taxis in Japan and this event made headlines in Japanese newspapers. (Japanese press source).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/08, 20:00

jean63 wrote:I had read the adBlue but it is for trucks. No one has ever talked about the Mercedes Bluetec system, or else I missed this episode.

Yes but apparently there is only the name that changes ... a bit like hdi, sdi or cdi ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bluetec: "clean" diesel according to Mercedes

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 20:48

Leo Maximus wrote:
jean63 wrote:A priori it looks strangely like the Honda system, with ammonia to neutralize NOx.

The principle is very old since we already talked about it in the years ... 70! Hitachi had a NOx reduction catalyst system by injecting ammonia on its public works machinery. PSA should present its own system soon.

10 Mercedes "clean diesel" taxis entered service in January in Japan. This is the first time that there are diesel taxis in Japan and this event made headlines in Japanese newspapers. (Japanese press source).

I didn't know it was so old. For me, diesel has always been banned; as soon as I followed a diesel vehicle, I closed the hatches so much it stank. For nothing in the world I would not have bought a diesel.
Then I heard about LPG and in 1998 I came across this used R25, the Hdi Cdi came out. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have let myself be tempted by an HDI, but in the meantime I learned about the existence of particles and their dangerousness and at the same time the "cleanliness" of LPG.

Japanese taxis, this is interesting information, because the Japanese are very strict on pollution (and for good reason) and I believe that their taxis are LPG. So it proves that if they switch to diesel it means that there is a lot of improvement.
They are a reference in the matter ... proof the Prius is 10 years old.

Of course, it is still petroleum, but as the alternatives do not come quickly, we will be forced to say that the Prius is pe the best existing system currently (ranked 1st in the reliability test of Que Choisir in its category; in general the Toyota -Yaris- are 1st).
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."