Sciences & Avenir February 2006

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Sciences & Avenir February 2006

by lau » 25/01/06, 17:27

More picture ...
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/06, 17:55

France has never been out of the race in terms of this technology, remember that a heat pump was installed in cogeneration in Chelles (Paris region and no pun intended ....) in the year 2000 .... see : https://www.econologie.com/les-piles-a-c ... s-119.html
and / or http://www.energie-cites.org/db/chelles_132_fr.pdf

On the other hand, the IFP abandoned the studies on this technology in 1982 for problems of supply of H2 / fuel ... problems that are still relevant (and far from being solved)

Moreover, as Jancovici says ( http://www.manicore.com/documentation/pile_combust.html ), besides the problems related to hydrogen or the production of methanol or fuel usable in a PAC:

"In all cases

Finally, the fuel cell currently requires for its manufacture rare metals, for example platinum, for which only one country provides 70% of world production: South Africa. This global production totaled 5.860.000 ounces in 2001 (one ounce = 28,35 grams), or about 166 tons. Today it takes about 100 grams of platinum to make a fuel cell car, but we will place ourselves in the case where only 30 grams per battery would be needed, which represents the ultimate possibility today expected. World platinum production (half of which is already used in catalytic converters, which is true that the need disappears with batteries) will then make 5 million cars a year.

It would therefore take 120 years to transform the current fleet (600 million cars), and 600 years to convert a global fleet to 3 billion vehicles, a number that will be reached if the whole world experiences the same rate of motorization as France. in 2000."

Case closed !

Builders would do better to focus on diesel hybrids : Mrgreen: (well, I think that's the case ... the CAP is to show in the Salons : Mrgreen: )
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 01 / 09, 19: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/01/06, 20:37

Econology wrote:[...] Manufacturers should focus on diesel hybrids : Mrgreen: (well, I think that's the case ... the CAP is to show in the Salons : Mrgreen: )
Or hybrids with H2 ...
0 x
gibus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gibus » 19/02/06, 20:00

lumberjack wrote:Or hybrids with H2 ...
it would seem that a demonstration: utopiatech generator would be held at the end of this month reserved for professionals business to follow?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 19/02/06, 20:11

utopiatech generator of JM Moreau? pity that it is reserved only for professionals, give us information if you know more!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/02/06, 12:01

gibus wrote:
lumberjack wrote:Or hybrids with H2 ...
it would seem that a demonstration: utopiatech generator would be held at the end of this month reserved for professionals business to follow?
It's not exactly the same thing...
There is a post on Utopiatech it seems to me!
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 28/02/06, 12:26

For the storage of H2, carbon nanotubes seem to be an interesting altrernative.

http://pastel.paristech.org/archive/00001383/

As for the technology, I learned from an engineer who works at PSA that their proto already has an autonomy of 600 km ...

What is delaying the "hydrogen civilization" is still the wallet: neither the state nor the petroliers want to finance the setting up of the distribution network.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/06, 12:48

Yes but all this does not solve the problem of supply (production) in H2 .... If ITER gives convincing results we would be on a good path ... otherwise ...:| :?:
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 28/02/06, 14:17

It is interesting this article, and the box at the top has also : Cheesy:

Personally this technology (PAC) I do not believe it, the builders work on it for the frime and to give a good conscience.

First of all, you have to make the hydrogen, so you usually have to use electricity, which comes from nuclear or solar energy or wind energy. Then you have to store this gas. Then you have to carry it. Then in the vehicle we use the hydrogen to redo electricity, and then we use this electricity to run an electric motor. Phew !!

In addition they speak of an autonomy of 500km with 280 liters of hydrogen.
I would be curious to know how many km one could do with these 280 liters of hydrogen, but with a standard explosion engine ...

Even if the efficiency of the explosion engine is not as good as an electric motor, let's not forget that the fuel cell must first convert the hydrogen into electricity, with inevitably losses!
0 x
gibus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re utopiatech

by gibus » 28/02/06, 21:36

lau wrote:utopiatech generator of JM Moreau? pity that it is reserved only for professionals, give us information if you know more!
what I know, I learn about them forums .. but I find that the past week has been very rich in lessons MR Moreau partly answers certain questions that many people ask themselves ... the best if you do not already do it, visit the forum water engine (essenceciel.tk.free.fr) remains well the debate between internaucuteurs is quite heated .__ in this world more and more paradoxical the impatience to know it is also the patience to wait __
0 x