Connect a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Connect a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

by Camon2312 » 19/01/23, 20:16

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I need advice and help from you.
We had 28 solar panels of 400wc each installed on our new construction, the installer connected them to 2 Sungrow SH5.0RS hybrid inverters. He hasn't plugged in the Energy Meters that came with it, but I hope he'll do it...
We would like to install a Sungrow SBR096 battery, I found a video for the installation and it doesn't seem complicated to me.
My question is how can I connect the same battery to both inverters? Because since each inverter takes up half of the panels, if I only plug it into one I will "lose" electricity.
So, sorry to be so long but I wanted to be as complete as possible. :)
Thank you in advance for your help.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Connecting a battery to 2 inverters

by phil59 » 19/01/23, 21:27

11 kWp is a lot, for what current consumption? And how many kWh is your battery?

How much is your background noise?

Maybe lifePo would be better than "ion"...

10 kWh is not bad
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 19/01/23, 22:44

Camon2312 wrote:Hello,

We had 28 solar panels of 400wc each installed on our new construction, the installer connected them to 2 Sungrow SH5.0RS hybrid inverters. He hasn't plugged in the Energy Meters that came with it, but I hope he'll do it...
We would like to install a Sungrow SBR096 battery, I found a video for the installation and it doesn't seem complicated to me.
My question is how can I connect the same battery to both inverters? Because since each inverter takes up half of the panels, if I only plug it into one I will "lose" electricity.

So currently the 2 panels are each directly connected to an inverter without a battery, and the goal is for the two panels to charge a single battery which attacks the 2 inverters? Is that the question?
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 19/01/23, 23:11

No, because of: Rated DC power = 5.76 kW.
Interesting these high voltage lfp batteries, what is the retail price?
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 19/01/23, 23:12

Exnihiloest wrote:

We had it installed on our new build 28 solar panels of 400wc each, the installer plugged them into 2 Sungrow SH5.0RS hybrid inverters. He hasn't plugged in the Energy Meters that came with it, but I hope he'll do it...

So currently the 2 panels
are each connected directly to an inverter without a battery, and the goal is for the two panels to charge a single battery which attacks the 2 inverters? Is that the question?

28 panels.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/01/23, 23:25

Camon2312 wrote:...
2 Sungrow SH5.0RS hybrid inverters....

i.e. 10 kW injection. Out of curiosity, but you don't have to answer, you wouldn't be in Belgium?
No importance compared to your initial question (which I don't know how to answer), but perhaps a way to explore other solutions than the one you have in mind.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/23, 23:39

No you can't, this will create an energy management conflict between the 2 inverters (which are not interconnected)
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 07:34

phil59 wrote:11 kWp is a lot, for what current consumption? And how many kWh is your battery?

How much is your background noise?

Maybe lifePo would be better than "ion"...

10 kWh is not bad

I don't know the current consumption, we don't live there yet.
And concerning the background noise I can't answer you, in this context I don't know what that means.
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 07:35

Exnihiloest wrote:

So currently the 2 panels are each directly connected to an inverter without a battery, and the goal is for the two panels to charge a single battery which attacks the 2 inverters? Is that the question?

Yes thats exactly it.
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 07:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Camon2312 wrote:...
2 Sungrow SH5.0RS hybrid inverters....

i.e. 10 kW injection. Out of curiosity, but you don't have to answer, you wouldn't be in Belgium?
No importance compared to your initial question (which I don't know how to answer), but perhaps a way to explore other solutions than the one you have in mind.

Well seen, I live in Belgium. :)
0 x